Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 343536

Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Speaking of 9:30. Since I’m a touch older than most in this thread …I remember when DC101 had $1 shows at the 9:30.

Some random Friday night way back ..a group of buddies and I drop in the 9:30 for one of the $1 shows …the act …Matchbox 20. About a month later ..they’re on every radio station everywhere. At the time we’d never heard of them. Awesome show for a pop-rock band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's awesome

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Speaking of 9:30. Since I’m a touch older than most in this thread …I remember when DC101 had $1 shows at the 9:30.

Some random Friday night way back ..a group of buddies and I drop in the 9:30 for one of the $1 shows …the act …Matchbox 20. About a month later ..they’re on every radio station everywhere. At the time we’d never heard of them. Awesome show for a pop-rock band.

Funny you say that because the last band I saw there was Avenged Sevenfold if that gives you any indication of how long it's been since I've been out at 9:30 Club. They aren't exactly playing clubs like that anymore lol.

Wish we could get that $1 deal these days but fat chance lol. For Matchbox 20 that must have been what...95, 96? Live Nation did $25 tickets last week for a ton of shows this summer. I got a pair to see "Pantera" (it's not Pantera) and Lamb of God later this year.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Yeah. Sounds right. 95ish.

$25 for Phils money grab and Lamb of God is a great deal.