Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Please break down our RB situation?

I don't like Buck second on the depth chart. I like him third on the depth chart. He can catch passes and he can pass protect. He does his job. He's just not dynamic. They need to bring someone in, much like they did with Collins.

Blog Entries

Re: Please break down our RB situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon King Onaga View Post
    I don't like Buck second on the depth chart. I like him third on the depth chart. He can catch passes and he can pass protect. He does his job. He's just not dynamic. They need to bring someone in, much like they did with Collins.
    Ideally, Dixon should be 2 on the depth chart.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Here's our situation: If Collins goes down, we're <bleeped>. Buck was much improved last year, but he's not a #1, and the wear and tear would kill him. Dixon could be the guy, but he can't stay healthy.

With all the positives on offense, I can't see them risking their season on an injury to one guy, so I think they'll sign someone who gets cut somewhere else.

I invite the UDFAs to make a statement, but I don't think they're capable.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

A lot of good offenses in the NFL don’t have big bruising backs. With Roman’s philosophy the beefy OL should be doing all the bruising.

We don’t need a bruiser, we don’t even need blazing speed, we just need a RB with some quick feet and vision to take advantage of the blocking while keeping the ball secure.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Ideally, Dixon should be 2 on the depth chart.
    Yeah but we are putting an awful lot on a guy who none of us has seen in a preseason game yet aren't we? I mean this is what has me really worried. I posted this last year when he got hurt and was reassured he would be back but I have not seen him in a hard hitting Pitt vs us style game yet. I think that third back is so important for what we are doing this year. As someone else said, using the pass to set up the run instead of the reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    A lot of good offenses in the NFL don’t have big bruising backs. With Roman’s philosophy the beefy OL should be doing all the bruising.

We don’t need a bruiser, we don’t even need blazing speed, we just need a RB with some quick feet and vision to take advantage of the blocking while keeping the ball secure.
    That is also an issue. We better hope none of the starters this year get hurt. I am hoping we get some camp cut OL depth because I was not impressed with the backups so far.

7. Re: Please break down our RB situation?

The offense lacks depth everywhere, including at RB.

At least they have starting caliber players this year. #progress
    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I hear you. I am OK with WR, TE (kind of) and QB. I would like to see at least one solid camp OL pick up. I need to see Dixon in a full speed game. I do wish like others we would have gone for at least one quality RB in this draft. That being said, watching some of the preseason games for other teams-it looks like there is a dearth of RB talent outside the big names. It almost looks like a feast or famine at RB for the NFL this year so far...but there are plently of preseason games to go.