Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Zach Sieler and J.J. Watt

One step at a time. The first goal is for Sieler to keep performing so he can make the roster. Getting sacks and pressures means they won't be able to get him on to the practice squad without the risk of losing him to another team. He needs to build up enough tape in the next 3 preseason games to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    It was surprising to me that Seiler apparently won the title of strongest Raven.
    This is the second time I've seen him referred to as the strongest Raven. I tried to look it up, but I couldn't find anything about it. Where did you see this?

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertN View Post
    This is the second time I've seen him referred to as the strongest Raven. I tried to look it up, but I couldn't find anything about it. Where did you see this?
    It was referenced in the game 2 broadcast. I haven't seen it in writing anywhere.

If true, it's an eye-opening accomplishment. Brandon Williams is here, among others.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Seiler turned into a quality player. The Ravens seem to always hit on these small school guys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertN View Post
    they said it during the game. Usually these talking points are gone over prior to the broadcast with team officials/PR/coaches. So somebody within the Ravens gave them that information to use.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    It was referenced in the game 2 broadcast. I haven't seen it in writing anywhere.

If true, it's an eye-opening accomplishment. Brandon Williams is here, among others.
    It amazed me primarily because he's a rookie.

The most common objection about rookie linemen on either side of the ball is that they "need another year in an NFL weight room". No way the Ravens let him go. I suppose it's still possible they stash him on IR.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    I suppose it's still possible they stash him on IR.
    Do players have to clear waivers to get to IR?

Cuz if he makes another play or two like his splash play from this last game, I don't know that he's getting thru waivers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Do players have to clear waivers to get to IR?

Cuz if he makes another play or two like his splash play from this last game, I don't know that he's getting thru waivers.
    It depends on whether the player is vested. Since we are talking about rookies and other young players, under 4 years accrued NFL experience, I'm assuming they are non-vested. That means they would have to make the 53 before being put on IR or else be subject to waivers. This is the waived/injured designation. If no team claims him he then ends up on IR