Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: The World Footballers Thread

Manchester United's backline is in La La Land.

Re: The World Footballers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon King Onaga View Post
    Manchester United's backline is in La La Land.
    How they didn't address it is beyond me. They always have a massive transfer budget and all they bring in is Fred? Come on man
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

3. Re: The World Footballers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    How they didn't address it is beyond me. They always have a massive transfer budget and all they bring in is Fred? Come on man
    It's a really interesting situation. You are more experienced watching the Premier League than I am. Perhaps, you could shed some light on the situation. On one hand, Mourinho was right to be concerned about his back line and the lack of CB improvement in the most recent transfer window. On the other hand, it seems that there is an argument that United have already spent so much for players who have underwhelmed under Mourinho, and that he has missed out on opportunities with players now excelling elsewhere such as Kevin De Bruyne.

What say you?

It's a really interesting situation. You are more experienced watching the Premier League than I am. Perhaps, you could shed some light on the situation. On one hand, Mourinho was right to be concerned about his back line and the lack of CB improvement in the most recent transfer window. On the other hand, it seems that there is an argument that United have already spent so much for players who have underwhelmed under Mourinho, and that he has missed out on opportunities with players now excelling elsewhere such as Kevin De Bruyne.

What say you?
    I'm definitely far from an expert, but I think one of the big issues is they swang and missed on Lindeloff. He's still young, but him and Bailly had the potential to be a very young and very good duo. I'd argue neither have lived up to their bill. The bigger concern for me is their LB and RB. Valencia is old. Young is average and so are the LB's they have, especially Darmarian.

I would have brought in a wide back and looked for a RW to pair with Sanchez and Lukaku.

Lingard and Rashford can do it, but they're young nad better off the bench right now.

TBH if they did go CB I would have much preferred one of the Belgians from the Spurs. I think their mids will be fine in a 4-3-3. I'd go Matic as the CDM with Pogba and Pereira as the LCM and RCM. That's a very strong group with some good depth.

I dont know. Everything looks average right now.

I will also add I'm a pretty casual soccer fan, so I don't know them like I know the Ravens, but I took my best stab at what my impressions are.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Not into Soccer, but I always adopt a team. How is Aston Villa these days? Are they any good?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    Not into Soccer, but I always adopt a team. How is Aston Villa these days? Are they any good?
    Aston Villa fell out of the Premier League and is one of the top 5 teams in the Championship League (basically division 2). They have a really good shot this year to get promoted to the PRemier League.
    - Ray Lewis

7. Re: The World Footballers Thread

Valencia and Athletico Madrid are having a good match. In my opinion, La Liga might have three of the top 5 teams in the world right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Aston Villa fell out of the Premier League and is one of the top 5 teams in the Championship League (basically division 2). They have a really good shot this year to get promoted to the PRemier League.
    Thanks.

My wife worked on her PhD at a nearby university. So I adopted the AVFC as my team.

9. Re: The World Footballers Thread

Barcelona has to play on one of the worst pitches I've seen in God knows how long, but still musters a 1-0 victory thanks to Dembele. Sevilla and Villareal play to a draw filled with missed opportunities in the Final third. City gets hosed on a handball goal and has to settle for a draw. Granted, they didn't play their best. Arsenal gets win #1. Brighton builds off of their win from last week, but Liverpool gets the three points in a match where they would have dropped points last season. Griezmann saved Athleti late. Juventus comes up with a typical Juventus win. Milan blows a 0-2 lead at Napoli. Chelsea starts the season with three wins.

Barcelona has to play on one of the worst pitches I've seen in God knows how long, but still musters a 1-0 victory thanks to Dembele. Sevilla and Villareal play to a draw filled with missed opportunities in the Final third. City gets hosed on a handball goal and has to settle for a draw. Granted, they didn't play their best. Arsenal gets win #1. Brighton builds off of their win from last week, but Liverpool gets the three points in a match where they would have dropped points last season. Griezmann saved Athleti late. Juventus comes up with a typical Juventus win. Milan blows a 0-2 lead at Napoli. Chelsea starts the season with three wins.
    donnarumma was wildly underwhelimg.
    - Ray Lewis

12. Re: The World Footballers Thread

Harry Kane with header I could only dream of scoring. Spurs up 1.