Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar's Progress

He certainly improved. I was satisfied with him showing the improvement that he did.

Continue to work on passing (the Rams absolutely sat on virtually every zone read we ran with him) and we'll have something. He looks to be a hard worker and is fully aware of the amount of work that needs to be done.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He certainly improved. I was satisfied with him showing the improvement that he did.

Continue to work on passing (the Rams absolutely sat on virtually every zone read we ran with him) and we'll have something. He looks to be a hard worker and is fully aware of the amount of work that needs to be done.
    That's one thing I will say for him. I might be the biggest Flacco homer on the planet and am still adamantly against our having drafted Lamar, but that guy is not going to cheat us on effort or desire. By all appearances, he also seems to be a quality human being.

Looks like the NFL finally understands that this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuYrFkko0ZY
    (every LJ throw and run from PSG #2)

takes less resources than chasing rogues across the social media universe.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Seriously... Another thread.... I mean I'm excited to discuss everything about him... But how many threads do We need The same Topics?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Seriously... Another thread.... I mean I'm excited to discuss everything about him... But how many threads do We need The same Topics?

Idk... Like 5-10 more maybe?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Idk... Like 5-10 more maybe?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    . Attachment 4726

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post

He’s the ultimate hype machine Flacco has a strong performance but people went crazy over Lamar’s TD Run welcome to 2018 LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    He’s the ultimate hype machine Flacco has a strong performance but people went crazy over Lamar’s TD Run welcome to 2018 LOL
    It's like your older kid rides his bike all day all over the neighborhood doing wheelies and stuff and the parents don't even pay notice. Then their five year old manages to coast for fifteen feet without falling on his face and the parents get the camera out and are giving him a standing ovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamauler2066 View Post
    It's like your older kid rides his bike all day all over the neighborhood doing wheelies and stuff and the parents don't even pay notice. Then their five year old manages to coast for fifteen feet without falling on his face and the parents get the camera out and are giving him a standing ovation.
    Very true LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Looks like the NFL finally understands that this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuYrFkko0ZY
    (every LJ throw and run from PSG #2)

takes less resources than chasing rogues across the social media universe.
    He won't last long running around and taking hits like that...

Look, I believe that Jackson will improve. I am rooting for him - I want him to be the QB of the future. But that said, he absolutely sucks right now.

His QB rating is 54.5. His completion percentage is 39.3%. Those are numbers that make Kyle Boller look good.

He's a running QB, right? He's averaging 3.5 yards/carry.

I have no doubt he will get better with time. Heck, he can't get much worse. The thing that bothers me is that so many people are is saying how good he looked during the Rams game. He had a few good plays, but for the most part he stunk.

I am not a Lamar Jackson hater. I never will be. I support Ravens rookies who are struggling more than most people on this board. I just don't understand why so many people are heaping praises on a guy who has done very little to deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorman82 View Post
    Look, I believe that Jackson will improve. I am rooting for him - I want him to be the QB of the future. But that said, he absolutely sucks right now.

His QB rating is 54.5. His completion percentage is 39.3%. Those are numbers that make Kyle Boller look good.

He's a running QB, right? He's averaging 3.5 yards/carry.

I have no doubt he will get better with time. Heck, he can't get much worse. The thing that bothers me is that so many people are is saying how good he looked during the Rams game. He had a few good plays, but for the most part he stunk.

I am not a Lamar Jackson hater. I never will be. I support Ravens rookies who are struggling more than most people on this board. I just don't understand why so many people are heaping praises on a guy who has done very little to deserve it.
    Because he's improving and making plays. That's what you want to see from a rookie QB in the preseason.

Did you not expect growing pains? He deserves praise for a brilliant TD run and a beautiful juke. He deserves criticism for some ill advised runs. That's all being discussed in this thread. Overall, his progression from game 1 to game 2 was veyr positive, especially the way he threw the ball.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB