Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 25262728 LastLast

Re: Lamar's Progress

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Troy Aikman had numerous concussions.
    With all the concussions Aikman had I suspect he still hears the bells ringing the the broadcast booth.

Troy Aikman had numerous concussions.
    I'm aware. He said to name a running qb that got hurt, so I did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    If you are basing a Flacco resurgence on his 16 passing attempts in weeks 1 and 2 of the preseason, I have a bridge to sell you. He didn't even play in week 3 vs starters.
    Did you miss the part where I said it was big IF....Yes, it needs to be proven in real games, and through all 16. But until we see what happens, I’m not making any assumptions.

Blog Entries

Sorry, I meant PAC10.
    Louisville is in the ACC...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

What are we arguing about? Joe’s the starter this year ....period. If this team makes it to the play-offs ...Joe’s here again next year until Lamar or whoever Takes his job. I don’t see Harbage or Biscuit trading “their” QB. Unless someone wants to give a kjngs ransom for him ...Before the Draft! In Training Camp or after ...forget it. Remember ..Lamar’s contract is basically negligible for the first few yrs. cutting/ trading Joe only saves 10ish mill next yr. it’s after where the value comes. It jumps to 16ish for 2020.

where goode at

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    What are we arguing about? Joe’s the starter this year ....period. If this team makes it to the play-offs ...Joe’s here again next year until Lamar or whoever Takes his job. I don’t see Harbage or Biscuit trading “their” QB. Unless someone wants to give a kjngs ransom for him ...Before the Draft! In Training Camp or after ...forget it. Remember ..Lamar’s contract is basically negligible for the first few yrs. cutting/ trading Joe only saves 10ish mill next yr. it’s after where the value comes. It jumps to 16ish for 2020.

Shouldn't be an argument. It's a discussion about LJs progress but yet anything discussing qbs turns into Joe vs communism or something

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

8. Re: Lamar's Progress

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I don't take it that way. Just pointing out the the Romos and Brady type injuries happen. Now if he said something about him not sliding then I'd be worried... He has yet to show that discipline if I remember correctly

From what I gather, that was the crux of the discussion. Some teammates were talking to him about his need to slide and avoid taking hits that could lead to injuries. His response, from what I gather (I could be wrong), was that QBs can get hurt in the pocket too.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Which is fine. Because once he gets blown up and breaks a leg, he'll know to listen to veteran teammates after. Hopefully this guy doesn't end up being a cocky asshole
    You clearly haven't watched any of his interviews. Pretty humble dude.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    You clearly haven't watched any of his interviews. Pretty humble dude.
    Haven't posted here in a long while, but I figured it was worth weighing in on this. Based on his interviews and such, he seems like a nice guy who genuinely wants to do well and improve. I don't have concerns about his character and I don't think we ever have to worry about him being arrested on a DUI, drug, or domestic violence type issue.

What I do have concerns about is how his interviews and actions reflect in his playing style. The comment about QBs getting hurt in the pocket too, his refusal to slide, and the flip into the end zone...to me, that reflects him wanting to embrace his natural talent as a runner and leverage it into being a flashy playmaker. I really worry that he's going into this with the expectation that he can play as a Cam Newton style runner. He cannot, as he simply doesn't have the body type to hold up to that kind of punishment. I really do want him to be successful and develop as a passer, but I don't think he's doing himself favors as a passer with his willingness to rely on his ability to run. I like the fact that he's extremely elusive, as we have seen he has excellent ability to make the first person miss and extend plays in the pocket. He is a bit slower than I expected, but his elusiveness is, without a doubt, an asset. I just wish he would use it to make the pass rusher miss and either check down or buy an extra second or two in the pocket, rather than trying to take off and juke or spin through a big hit.

As a passer, I'm not yet impressed. He throws with a quick flick of the wrist and doesn't seem to have a consistent delivery. His accuracy downfield, at this time, is poor, and his arm strength is much weaker than I had expected. Honestly, I think he throws an ugly ball. However, that's not to say that ugly equals outright ineffective. He does seem to be accurate on short passes and especially over the middle. I think he could play right now in an offense that is based off of his ability to move and check down. I wouldn't be happy with the investment if that is all he turns out to be, but that is where I believe he is right now.

I really hope that he invests the better part of this year cleaning up his delivery so that he can unlock more of his arm strength and become a bit more accurate downfield. There is talent there to work with, but his actions seem to suggest that he's more interested in being a playmaker. He really needs to get comfortable with the idea that it is alright to slide and that it isn't worth it to risk a broken leg or concussion to turn a 4 yard gain into a 6 yard gain.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Which is fine. Because once he gets blown up and breaks a leg, he'll know to listen to veteran teammates after. Hopefully this guy doesn't end up being a cocky asshole
    This is silly.
    His point was that he can get hurt anywhere at any time.
    What his teammates say in this regard is 100% irrelevant.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    Comp Att Comp % Yds Y/A TD INT
    Games 1-3 18 43 42 201 4.7 2 1
    Games 4-5 16 25 64 207 8.3 1 0

I think the chart above matches Lamar's play on the field this preseason.
    In terms of progress it's clear that Lamar has improved his passing from game to game.

He also contributed on the ground:
    23 carries for 136 yards w/ 3 TDs @ a 5.9 ypc

On the whole Lamar has progressed a great deal from when he 1st became a Raven.
    The 2 major issues I noticed about Lamar coming in were a narrow throwing base and issue unlocking his hips when throwing out breaking routes towards the sideline. Both of these issues have been cleaned up. Lamar does a good job of maintaining his wider base and we've seen him hit on some out breaking routes.

The final preseason game against the Redskins was a good glimpse into how Lamar would look if the playcalling was catered for him. Imho it was a mini-audition for Lamar's "starting" potential and I think he showed well.

Hopefully, Joe plays well enough to keep Lamar on the bench and I look forward to seeing how/IF Harbs and Martywhig use Lamar in their infamous "packages".