Page 1 of 28 123 ... LastLast

Lamar's Progress

I don't know if you guys noticed this as well last night, but Lamar's ball is looking more and more tight everytime he throws. Those first videos the team put out showed Lamar's ball all kinds of wobbly. Seems like Urban has Lamar on an upwards trajectory.

Re: Lamar's Progress

He looked far more comfortable and one thing I was very impressed with is how he protects the football when he runs. I don't think we'll see very many turnovers from Lamar and as a passer that's probably what I most care about it. He can be aggressive with his legs and manage the game with his arm if he stays turnover-free.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    He looked far more comfortable and one thing I was very impressed with is how he protects the football when he runs. I don't think we'll see very many turnovers from Lamar and as a passer that's probably what I most care about it. He can be aggressive with his legs and manage the game with his arm if he stays turnover-free.
    True but I really hope the coaches try to sculpt Lamar into Russell Wilson the player. Prioritize the arm first, then the mobility and rushing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redbarron View Post
    True but I really hope the coaches try to sculpt Lamar into Russell Wilson the player. Prioritize the arm first, then the mobility and rushing
    This is my hope also. He won't last long running like he did last night. The Ravens coaches must know this.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Yes, but if he tries that no slide crap against a legit defensive player, he is going to get killed
    Ballers gonna ball, let him be great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Ballers gonna ball, let him be great.
    He’s going to get killed and it’s pointless in preseason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    He’s going to get killed and it’s pointless in preseason

He’s a natural runner. Great start and stop, deceiving power and a lot of wiggle. Let him be great. Rg knee is a great consolation prize.

Quote Originally Posted by redbarron View Post
    I mean, that's how he played at Loovull. It seems to be in his mind already.

Blog Entries

I thought he looked a lot better than he did last week. You can see the improvement just in the way the ball is coming out. I like that he’s trying to be patient. I like that he’s trying to keep his eyes downfield. I like that he’s willing to throw into tight windows.

I think it’s pretty obvious he’s still learning the playbook though because there were a few passes that were nowhere near the receiver. It’s going to take time for him to get on the same page as everyone else.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I thought he looked a lot better than he did last week. You can see the improvement just in the way the ball is coming out. I like that he’s trying to be patient. I like that he’s trying to keep his eyes downfield. I like that he’s willing to throw into tight windows.

I think it’s pretty obvious he’s still learning the playbook though because there were a few passes that were nowhere near the receiver. It’s going to take time for him to get on the same page as everyone else.

The one with Grant looked like Flacco and Perriman last year. Just not on the same page at all.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think it’s pretty obvious he’s still learning the playbook though because there were a few passes that were nowhere near the receiver.
    Also the two timeouts we had to take. Rookie stuff.

His underneath/short range passes looked better. He was all over the place on longer throws and the Rams D left a pick or two on the field last night. He was also under 40 percent on his completion percentage which is dismal.
    As far as not staying out of harm's way, he might as well get that broken leg out of the way now before he's handed the starting job.