Ravens Season Pass

I'm curious as to what PSL holders think about the newly announced Season Pass. Apparently, the team is letting fans spend money to have the ability to buy tickets for $39 a piece. It's basically the first step to eliminating PSLs as they can no longer sell them. It's also a last ditch attempt to keep the sellout streak alive. And finally, it's an admission that current face values for tickets are inflated and the bubble has burst.

It really devalues the PSL's currently held by thousands of fans and screws over those folks paying full price (plus preseason games). There was some uproar on twitter but I am guessing many PSL holders are not aware of this new program.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/tickets/season-pass

Re: Ravens Season Pass

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    I'm curious as to what PSL holders think about the newly announced Season Pass. Apparently, the team is letting fans spend money to have the ability to buy tickets for $39 a piece. It's basically the first step to eliminating PSLs as they can no longer sell them. It's also a last ditch attempt to keep the sellout streak alive. And finally, it's an admission that current face values for tickets are inflated and the bubble has burst.

It really devalues the PSL's currently held by thousands of fans and screws over those folks paying full price (plus preseason games). There was some uproar on twitter but I am guessing many PSL holders are not aware of this new program.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/tickets/season-pass
    So looks like you are spending 78 dollars for upper level seats, I assume endzone. Basically eliminates need to buy PSL but makes it appear you need to be a 'member' keeping up an illusion I suppose.

It doesn’t really bother me at all. I don’t think it devalues my PSLs. In fact, what is currently devaluing them is that the stadium is half empty and there is no energy or enjoyment. If people who otherwise don’t get to go are able to go, maybe some of them would decide they would like to eventually get their own PSLs and know where they are sitting each week. Maybe having more fans will make the in-stadium experience better for everyone there.

Plus —most importantly — PSL owners actually get seats for playoff games. Hopefully that will actually matter again in the near future.
    "Leave. Your. Mark."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It doesn’t really bother me at all. I don’t think it devalues my PSLs. In fact, what is currently devaluing them is that the stadium is half empty and there is no energy or enjoyment. If people who otherwise don’t get to go are able to go, maybe some of them would decide they would like to eventually get their own PSLs and know where they are sitting each week. Maybe having more fans will make the in-stadium experience better for everyone there.

Plus —most importantly — PSL owners actually get seats for playoff games. Hopefully that will actually matter again in the near future.
    You are probably right and the Ravens are hoping this will convince some people to buy the PSLs/permanent season tickets. I would argue it does devalue PSLs because if you can get season tickets at half price without a preseason commitment, there isn't a huge incentive to get the PSLs unless you really want to sit in the same seat every game. I guess I can see it both ways.

Honestly, I was pretty surprised when I heard about this program. Kind of sad this is what it's come to for Ravens tickets.

Re: the energy, the Ravens are doing everything they can to make the team exciting to watch again. I give them credit for their draft and their acquisitions. They still need to find those stars that will make people want to come to watch the game live again. Lamar could be that guy. But the question remains - will a Ravens ticket ever be the hot commodity it was 5 or 10 years ago? I am not sure if it will ever be that again.

Sounds like it's just a bad joke. Worst seat in the house which the brokers who bought up 20 years ago have ditched. I'd be surprised to see them sell more than a few dozen of these.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Oh this absolutely devalues the PSLs. If I read it right it's $39 per seat per game + the cost of the season pass? This program plus the abundance of available tickets makes it almost impossible to sell PSLs at a decent price.

The PSLs were a bad deal for the fans unless you bought and sold from 1996-2012. The right to buy 5-6 playoff games (1 divisional and no Championship Games) hasn't exactly paid off. Not to mention all the money wasted on meaningless preseason games.

However, if I could go back to 2000 when I purchased would do it again? It's a bad business deal but I've enjoyed all the games over the years. Knowing I had tickets and knowing I had a reserved seat and wouldn't miss any playoff games worked out well. Plus some of the PSL perks have been nice. Yea I'd do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Sounds like it's just a bad joke. Worst seat in the house which the brokers who bought up 20 years ago have ditched. I'd be surprised to see them sell more than a few dozen of these.
    Agreed. The Ravens trying to play the "lottery" angle is laughable. Anyone who puts their name on that list will get a call.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Oh this absolutely devalues the PSLs. If I read it right it's $39 per seat per game + the cost of the season pass? This program plus the abundance of available tickets makes it almost impossible to sell PSLs at a decent price
    If you look at the Ravens PSL marketplace there are still a few dreamers on there advertising PSL's for several thousands of dollars. I would venture to guess that most PSL's are only worth around $150-$500 if that, excluding some prime seats that may go for more. And the Ravens still charging a transfer fee is a real slap in the face.

They should move everyone from the upper level row 15 or higher down if they can. Anything over row 15 doesn't require a PSL and tickets are permanently $39 a piece. Sitting upper deck row 32 should not cost the same as upper deck row 1, come on now.
    Last edited by RavensDomination; 08-10-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Agreed. The Ravens trying to play the "lottery" angle is laughable. Anyone who puts their name on that list will get a call.

If you look at the Ravens PSL marketplace there are still a few dreamers on there advertising PSL's for 10 grand or more. I would venture to guess that most PSL's are only worth around $150-$500 if that, excluding some prime seats that may go for more.
    You got that right. I just looked at my section (536) and some are up for $650. I wouldn't pay that much. The original price was $500. I think they went up to $750 at one point. A few people were asking $1250 a seat. smh Well, more power to them if they get it!

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    You got that right. I just looked at my section (536) and some are up for $650. I wouldn't pay that much. The original price was $500. I think they went up to $750 at one point. A few people were asking $1250 a seat. smh Well, more power to them if they get it!
    I just checked 536...row 26 wants $1400 a PSL lmao! Must be smoking the good stuff.

I was half tempted to buy some PSL's a few months back because there are some right near my friends seats (upper level corner end zone, not great seats but not terrible either and they are cheap). This guy had two listed at 750 a piece and they are two rows directly behind my friend. I offered $250 a PSL and you would have thought this guy just caught me banging his wife or something. He was beside himself and said he'll never sell for under $750 a PSL because that's what he paid for them. They are still on there and he will never get that for them (corner end zone row 14...either worthless or next to worthless).

Blog Entries

I just checked 536...row 26 wants $1400 a PSL lmao! Must be smoking the good stuff.

I was half tempted to buy some PSL's a few months back because there are some right near my friends seats (upper level corner end zone, not great seats but not terrible either and they are cheap). This guy had two listed at 750 a piece and they are two rows directly behind my friend. I offered $250 a PSL and you would have thought this guy just caught me banging his wife or something. He was beside himself and said he'll never sell for under $750 a PSL because that's what he paid for them. They are still on there and he will never get that for them (corner end zone row 14...either worthless or next to worthless).
    Yea I think PSL holders who are selling may have to sell them for less than what they paid. Now if the team hits another period like they had from 2008-2012 prices may go up again. Who knows... I never viewed them as a business transaction when I bought in 2000. For me it was the right to own the seat indefinitely. If and when I sell I'll just get whatever I can and not worry about it.