Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Janarion Grant

Re: Janarion Grant

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    I was super happy Grant came to our camp. When I realize he was in camp .. i been driving that bandwagon. I was all for White as PR this year, but i was adding competition in the draft for that role. I badly wanted Pettis. But since he gone to 49ers i was hoping Undrafted Grant we called. Felt disappointed when wasn’t one of ours right after draft. But was blessed with him in rookie camp. Pettis and Grant , I pegged as Playmakers at Returner and Wr Help.

No doubt in my mind , Rosburg with Grant will be Best unit in league. Of course White got time and ravens got more games to let the competition play out. I do like White too. But I’m pulling big for Grant to win that spot and make 53.
    I’m looking at
    Crabtree
    Brown
    Snead
    Moore
    Lasley
    And Grant

But should be a great competition for those spots. Is anyone else happy as hell , i , we can write down more then One receiver that we feel good about? Seriously we got a squad in that WR room .. Wow
    Lasley hasnt done a thing though. Perriman has outperformed him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Lasley hasnt done a thing though. Perriman has outperformed him.
    What you wrote is true, but also take into account Perriman is in the last year (he's an UFA in 2019) of a disappointing 4 year stint, while Lasley is early in his career and is cheap as a 5th round draft choice. Repeating myself, the Ravens never should have given Perriman that $650K bonus. We should have cut ties, used the $ elsewhere, and given the younger WRs more playing time. Only my opinion... Bc

Rather Lasley or BP, we got to be happy right now. Health is with us right now (Thank you Football gods) and have some serious competition going on in that wr room.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    What you wrote is true, but also take into account Perriman is in the last year (he's an UFA in 2019) of a disappointing 4 year stint, while Lasley is early in his career and is cheap as a 5th round draft choice. Repeating myself, the Ravens never should have given Perriman that $650K bonus. We should have cut ties, used the $ elsewhere, and given the younger WRs more playing time. Only my opinion... Bc
    Agree completely.
    Perriman has no future with the Ravens. Even if -- somehow -- he makes the 53 and has a great year, we are unlikely to be able to afford him. And while he is with us, he steals development from a young WR. FINALLY we have some young WRs who could develop into solid pros -- White, Lasley, Scott, Grant -- and Snead and Moore could develop further. The day may come when we don't need to sign reject/retread WRs. It would be great to see LJ grow with a group of young WRs (and TEs).
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Agree completely.
    Perriman has no future with the Ravens. Even if -- somehow -- he makes the 53 and has a great year, we are unlikely to be able to afford him. And while he is with us, he steals development from a young WR. FINALLY we have some young WRs who could develop into solid pros -- White, Lasley, Scott, Grant -- and Snead and Moore could develop further. The day may come when we don't need to sign reject/retread WRs. It would be great to see LJ grow with a group of young WRs (and TEs).
    One thing that could be in our favor is if Perriman does have a rebound year. Let’s say he goes 40 for 600 and 4 TD’s.

That’s probably enough to get him a contract with some other club next year. Considering the price for WR’s, the Ravens would probably get a comp pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Agree completely.
    We're certainly on the same page. I'd like to also ponder "what if Perriman makes the 53 and has a mediocre year?" What if the Ravens waste playing time, money, and a spot on the 53 man roster that could have been taken up by a young (unnamed) WR? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Ravens are going to have to carry 6 receivers, maybe 7? Or stash some guys on the practice squad.
    With all the other tough decisions re the last cuts (e.g. 3 QBs ?, 4 TEs ?), I don't think that there's any way the Ravens go for seven WRs. Maybe not even six.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

We're certainly on the same page. I'd like to also ponder "what if Perriman makes the 53 and has a mediocre year?" What if the Ravens waste playing time, money, and a spot on the 53 man roster that could have been taken up by a young (unnamed) WR? ... Bc
    Then I think some very rabid Ravens fans would contemplate suicide. Or murder.

Lots of iffy IRs on the horizon?
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Right on Bc. I have to think the only reason they paid him the bonus was in the hope he would do well enough in preseason to be tradeable to someone else.(One man’s trash...)

BP is going to have to be mentally tough to play in Bmore. He is not going to have many chances if he makes this team. Can you imagine if he drops the first one that comes his way?

Add to that the fact that he brings zero special teams value — a huge factor for the 53rd guy on the roster — and it’s just about impossible to imagine him on the opening day roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Right on Bc. I have to think the only reason they paid him the bonus was in the hope he would do well enough in preseason to be tradeable to someone else.(One man’s trash...)

BP is going to have to be mentally tough to play in Bmore. He is not going to have many chances if he makes this team. Can you imagine if he drops the first one that comes his way?

Add to that the fact that he brings zero special teams value — a huge factor for the 53rd guy on the roster — and it’s just about impossible to imagine him on the opening day roster.
    Well that leaves out a trade to either New York team... Bc

Oddly, while they're three draft seasons apart, Grant (5-yr guy in CFB) is only two months younger than Perriman.
    Perriman would dust him in a sprint, but Grant is a significantly better football player.

FYI - Grant's first CFB touch was a 100yd return TD vs. Fresno State.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Oddly, while they're three draft seasons apart, Grant (5-yr guy in CFB) is only two months younger than Perriman.
    Perriman would dust him in a sprint, but Grant is a significantly better football player.

FYI - Grant's first CFB touch was a 100yd return TD vs. Fresno State.
    That would be good (for Perriman) in the Olympics, but no so good in the NFL... Bc