Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Janarion Grant

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Janarion Grant

He just made the team, in my book, off his performance vs the Rams.

• Great returner
    • Solid playmaking ability as a backup WR
    • Exciting with the ball in his hands

I mean, WTF else do you need to see? He seems to run decent routes and have decent hands, too.

I was disappointed that White was on the sidelines, again. But this Grant kid is a player.

Re: Janarion Grant

Our new kick returner no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Our new kick returner no doubt
    He's a momentum turning return for a TD waiting to happen.
    However, WR, like TE, OLB, & DL are over-stocked and will see cuts,
    especially if we keep RGIII.

I still like White if he can get healthy. He's more explosive; Grant is more elusive.

Grant definitely looks sound catching kicks. I feel comfortable with him back there.

One caveat: I guarantee his leash is short after that taunting penalty he got in scrimmage this week. That better be a one-off. Stupid penalties are dangerous for guys on the bubble.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Ravens are going to have to carry 6 receivers, maybe 7? Or stash some guys on the practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Ravens are going to have to carry 6 receivers, maybe 7? Or stash some guys on the practice squad.
    With all the other tough decisions re the last cuts (e.g. 3 QBs ?, 4 TEs ?), I don't think that there's any way the Ravens go for seven WRs. Maybe not even six.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

One game. White will be back. What if he shines next week? Going to still write him off. It’s a race and still along way to go. Best man makes the team. Next best might make it also, go up IR or practice squad. Problem with PS is that fair game hunting for 31 teams looking for the slightest improvement. And either might be better that a lot of 53-rd players on other teams roster.

We always get enamored with a WR every preseason and are convinced they’ll get scooped up right away and they never are and go to the PS and are fine.

I’m not particularly worried about losing Grant. At this point Grant and White are interchangeable commodities with White being a little speedier and more explosive, and Grant being a little tougher and able to keep his balance through tackle attempts.

We need more games to assess. Fortunately there’s three more, plus practices. The coaches will have enough film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also thought Grant stood out as one of the positives last night.

But it's one game. Let's see if he continues to perform well over the remainder of preseason.

Watching a guy that small breaking tackles was quite surprising. And his lateral movement on punts was outstanding.

Blog Entries

Really impressed with Grant. He’s definitely making this team if he stays healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Perriman is the wild card. He was a different player last night. With his speed*, if he catches 2 out of 3, he stretches the secondary. Billick did mention though, that 11 has no value on special teams. . . .
    *Or should I say "supposed speed?" Looked fast last night.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.