Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hard Knocks: Cleveland Browns

I was sort of blown away watching the first episode. Typically the trend for hard knocks teams is that the public really likes them, the odds in vegas actually move with people betting on that particular team, and overwhelmingly the team does not do well. Point being, typically the team is shown in a great light regardless of what the overall product really is. Well at least during the first episode, I was sort of blown away by how poorly run the organization was. Todd Haley the new OC already looks completely fed up by Hue Jackson. Jackson is rewarding time off based purely on the medical staffs evaluation. This isnt, player x has a third degree mcl sprain he cant practice. This is, we need to give player x,y,z a day off to rest. Mike Lombardi was completely going off on his podcast laughing at how Parcells or Belichek would react if they even considered resting people based only on the medical staff whose job is not to prepare a football team but just limit injuries. Now also in the first few days of training camp, Jarvis Landry is absolutely f bombing the hell out of the whole wide receiver room for lack of drive and toughness. Additionally Mayfield is being treated with kids gloves completely in every aspect of camp and from what I can tell the first round CB out of OSU Ward has not seen the practice field yet.

Without question, after so many years of high draft picks and huge amounts of salary cap the Browns are more talented than they have been in the past, but after this small sample size I see absolutely no reason to believe they will drastically advance, and the only thing that will even keep them competitive is that Tyrod Taylor is a legitimate starting QB in the league. (also for the record I feel like they made two just horrible draft selections in the first round given the value that was surrounding them).

Blog Entries

Re: Hard Knocks: Cleveland Browns

They definitely without a doubt have a lot of talent on that team now. For me though they are still going to be a hot mess with Hue Jackson running the show. Him and his coordinators can't even get on the same page.

You take their 53 best players and move them to a well run organization, they win 9-10 games this season. I'm serious. Instead, they probably win 5 games and that will be considered a small miracle.

Starts at the top with their criminal of an owner.

Blog Entries

The assistants all know Hue won't be there long. So do the players

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    You take their 53 best players and move them to a well run organization, they win 9-10 games this season. I'm serious. Instead, they probably win 5 games and that will be considered a small miracle.

Starts at the top with their criminal of an owner.
    agree brother

Blog Entries

I have a soft spot for Hue and that team is really loaded with talent. Hue's Brother and Mom dying didn't help much either. For the first show I thought it was pretty good. I hope we don't have to start worrying about the Browns becoming that much better in the AFCN, but it's do or die time for Hue and the boys.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Greg Williams and Haley will have more impact than Jackson on how the Browns play this year, Both have very strong personalities and been successful in the league. I think one will be the HC at the first sign of another disaster season. I'm not among those who think the Browns will be certain wins for us this year.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Aditi KinkhabwalaVerified account @AKinkhabwala 4m4 minutes agoMore

Aditi Kinkhabwala Retweeted
    I was just told by a source I implicitly trust that Todd Haley never said any such thing. From everything I have been told, via multiple sources, the OC is ALL IN on Tyrod Taylor as #Browns starting QB. https://twitter.com/ruiterwrongfan/status/1028975858655154176 …

Blog Entries

0-16 The entire organization should have been fired, even the guy that puts the ketchup in the ketchup containers in the concourses. How is Hue still there?

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    0-16 The entire organization should have been fired, even the guy that puts the ketchup in the ketchup containers in the concourses. How is Hue still there?
    Because the owner shot his mouth off that he wouldn't be fired. They will be much improved this year but if they start off slow, the new GM will want to make a move.

Blog Entries

Todd Haley, upset with the defense getting too close to Baker Mayfield: “Good teams don’t touch the fucking quarterback!”Gregg Williams: “Block ‘em then!”