Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The band lost their seats

The rhythm section is gone. The new bar/standing room area is an $1,100 per ticket patio with a private bar inside the tunnel. I guarantee that area is empty when the weather gets bad.

The band hasn't been volunteer since the 2013 season when we started getting paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Why is this such a big deal to you? They are enthusiastic and make plenty of noise at the proper times.

Did a tuba player kick your ass or something?
    Best. Response. Ever.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Jeez: here we go again with the idiotic ban-the-band vitriol!

The band did not lose their seats. Rather, the band got new & better (sideline) seats.

If people who now sit behind them are complaining, count on Mr. Bisciotti to politely ignore them. Bisociotti loves the band: he grew up a Colt fan who loved the Colts Marching Band.

The band is a 71 year old Baltimore tradition which is definitely not going to leave the stadium.

I do agree with "Gerg" about rotating in local bands. Rotating others should bring out more competitive spirit. Just look at how much better the National Anthem is performed by rotating performers, after Joey Odoms terminated. Tonight's performance by Julienne Edwards was phenomenal, far outclassing anything we had heard from Joey and setting a new benchmark for future singers to match. If our band is also subject to competition, it should be a good thing.
    Sideline seats where?
    I got nothing against the band and can take them or leave them but they better not be in front of me on the sideline.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Wow.

Here is what I see when reading this thread:

Eff old people.
    Eff tradition.
    It messes up my gameday expectation ...

whine, whine, whine....me, me , me

...old people drool, younger generation rules

....who cares about tradition...we were raised with NO EFFING RESPECT FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN OURSELVES.

Without the band, without the ties to the old Colts, without all those old farts you hate and have no respect for...you would not have a Ravens team to give a shit about.

Leave the band alone. Show some effing respect.

You can do that and still bring in competition, some variety and diversify.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Sideline seats where?
    I got nothing against the band and can take them or leave them but they better not be in front of me on the sideline.
    From what I saw on Twitter it looks like 10 yard line visitor side.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    From what I saw on Twitter it looks like 10 yard line visitor side.
    Cool.....Thank You!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'm just not a fan personally. I guess I don't really care where they sit if I'm being honest. But as long as they are around they'll be performing and that's just a big meh from me. Partly because I can't even hear them, whether that's their fault or the stadium I'm not sure. Again just my opinion.

I was more glad that they apparently got rid of the cringey older rock band guys that they've had the past couple years than anything. Not sure I know anyone who was a fan of that...lol.
    What do you want - a Hip Hop Rap group with breakdancing?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Was never a fan of the band in the stadium either. Old timers like them, I get it. Sometimes we need to evolve; like to smart phone tickets ;-)
    I'm an old-timer, but why do some fans have to be "entertained?"
    My entertainment is the game itself.
    Who needs a halftime show? I go to the bathroom, buy a hot dog and soda (or beer), and chat with my buddy about the 1st half... Bc

I'm 37. I'm an older millenial.

I dont understand the band vitriol. first, watch the 30 for 30 on the band.

When I watched it first back in 2007ish it made me cry for the first time in a decade. No joke.

The band mattered in bringing back football to baltimore.

Second, I like the band for entertainment, just like I like the cheerleaders being the only real cheerleaders in the league.

This next comment isnt about young people or old people. it's about all people.

We have gotten to a point where people lack empathy for other people's viewpoints and want to shove their views on someone else.

You may not like the band, but plenty of other people do. your Viewpoint is not the only view point. And it means something in the history of the team.

To show empathy to your viewpoint, I understand some people don't like the band. Fair enough, but I don't think that will be enough for them to ever go away for a number of reasons. But you are entitled to your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    The new bar/standing room area is an $1,100 per ticket patio with a private bar inside the tunnel..
    who,is paying that?

Not the kind of fans who stay in the bowl when it gets cold.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I'm an old-timer, but why do some fans have to be "entertained?"
    My entertainment is the game itself.
    Who needs a halftime show? I go to the bathroom, buy a hot dog and soda (or beer), and chat with my buddy about the 1st half... Bc
    same. I don't even care for that loud music they play right before kickoffs and during timeouts. rap, heavy metal, trying to get the fans going.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!