Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The band lost their seats

I love the band, not understanding the hate for the band, it’s one of the coolest/most unique things about going to a Ravens game. It’s tradition!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Was never a fan of the band in the stadium either. Old timers like them, I get it. Sometimes we need to evolve; like to smart phone tickets ;-)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

But they didn't put seats there. It almost looks like a dugout with bar tables. What's up with that?

Looks like they got rid of the guitar players, bass and drums. Unless they just didn't have them for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

The band did not lose their seats. Rather, the band got new & better (sideline) seats.
    I've watched a game from the sidelines before and you can't see anything. You especially can't see anything when standing behind 100 people on the sidelines closer to the field.

If people who now sit behind them are complaining, count on Mr. Bisciotti to politely ignore them. Bisociotti loves the band: he grew up a Colt fan who loved the Colts Marching Band.
    The Ravens are not in the position to ignore anyone still willing to attend the games.

The band is a 71 year old Baltimore tradition which is definitely not going to leave the stadium.
    10 years ago we were told they were never going to lose their seats. This was inevitable and the next step is dissolution.

I do agree with "Gerg" about rotating in local bands. Rotating others should bring out more competitive spirit. Just look at how much better the National Anthem is performed by rotating performers, after Joey Odoms terminated. Tonight's performance by Julienne Edwards was phenomenal, far outclassing anything we had heard from Joey and setting a new benchmark for future singers to match. If our band is also subject to competition, it should be a good thing.
    The only people who want to see a marching band at the Ravens games are old people. The Ravens realize with the old timers getting older they have to do more to attract a younger crowd. I'd rather watch a dog chasing a monkey riding a bicycle at halftime than "SCRIPT......RAVENS" for the umpteenth billion time.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    But they didn't put seats there. It almost looks like a dugout with bar tables. What's up with that?

Looks like they got rid of the guitar players, bass and drums. Unless they just didn't have them for this game.
    Ravens said it's now a VIP standing area. They couldn't create new PSLs because they can't sell the ones they have now.

Not sure where all this animosity comes from regarding the band. These are all volunteers aren't they? They have an amazing history and managed to stay together for all those years when we didn't have a team. I don't have any problem with them. Looked like they sort of built them a grandstand in front of the sideline, which probably works better for them. Like others, I couldn't figure out what that dugout thing was they built in the endzone.

Blog Entries

RavensDomination is harsher than me but he's right.

Did you see those kids they showed doing Ninja's (Fortnite megastar) Pon Pon dance late in the game last night? Or the variety of kids doing Fortnite dances throughout the game?

Do you think those kids give one single bit of f**k at all about the Marching Ravens? Or that they've been around for 70 years?

I don't want to sound ageist when I say this but that's who the Ravens - and the NFL as a whole - needs to appeal to. That's the future of their fan base. Not to the 60 and 70 year old guys with memories of things from the 50s and 60s.

IMO it's a matter of when, not if, the band goes away. At least as far as being a game day staple.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

So is the band not going to be able to watch the game at all now, or are they moving them? I think that it sucks to waste premium seats on non-paying deadhead, but I think that the band is something special that adds to the gameday experience and sets the team apart from the rest of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    RavensDomination is harsher than me but he's right.

Did you see those kids they showed doing Ninja's (Fortnite megastar) Pon Pon dance late in the game last night? Or the variety of kids doing Fortnite dances throughout the game?

Do you think those kids give one single bit of f**k at all about the Marching Ravens? Or that they've been around for 70 years?

I don't want to sound ageist when I say this but that's who the Ravens - and the NFL as a whole - needs to appeal to. That's the future of their fan base. Not to the 60 and 70 year old guys with memories of things from the 50s and 60s.

IMO it's a matter of when, not if, the band goes away. At least as far as being a game day staple.
    The band was carried forward from the old days because the Modells needed to mend fences with Colts fans who were not comfortable with the way the team was acquired. You are 100% right that the younger generation doesn't know or care about their history and they just see the nothingness they add to the gameday experience.

In 1996, left over Colts fans who bought PSLs were in their late 30s, 40s and older. Now those early PSL holders are pushing 60 or 70 years old. In 5 or 10 years they'll all be gone and the Ravens realize this. Hopefully for the Ravens sake, this "fan outreach" effort isn't too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

It's those guys in their 60's and 70's who buy club seats and suites, whilst those kids play Madden or watch the Ravens on TV and can afford to attend a game a season in the upper nosebleeds. Ravens will cater to money. Fact of life.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    It's those guys in their 60's and 70's who buy club seats and suites, whilst those kids play Madden or watch the Ravens on TV and can afford to attend a game a season in the upper nosebleeds. Ravens will cater to money. Fact of life.
    I disagree. If they catered to the money they would have apologized immediately after the kneeling incident in London. Their fence riding cost them thousands of PSL renewals despite Dick Cass begging people to stay on board through ads and personal phone calls. I know a guy who turned in 15 because of the kneeling and got a call from the front office that same day asking if he would reconsider.

I know we are 14 rows back and have a hard time really hearing the band.