Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The band lost their seats

After all these years the band was finally removed from their seats. Long overdue. People who now sit behind them are already complaining!

Next move - to the parking lot.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: The band lost their seats

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    After all these years the band was finally removed from their seats. Long overdue. People who now sit behind them are already complaining!

Next move - to the parking lot.
    Why is this such a big deal to you? They are enthusiastic and make plenty of noise at the proper times.

Did a tuba player kick your ass or something?

Blog Entries

Yeah, I was glad to see this and I hope that it's a step toward getting rid of them entirely. Got nothing against the members of the band but overall it's one of the worst parts of the game day experience IMO. The Ravens desperately need some variety when it comes to pre game and halftime entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yeah, I was glad to see this and I hope that it's a step toward getting rid of them entirely. Got nothing against the members of the band but overall it's one of the worst parts of the game day experience IMO. The Ravens desperately need some variety when it comes to pre game and halftime entertainment.
    I won't disagree with that, I remember the Colts used to have Morgan come in and play halftime, etc.

But running the band out of the stadium because, what? I don't get that.

Blog Entries

I'm just not a fan personally. I guess I don't really care where they sit if I'm being honest. But as long as they are around they'll be performing and that's just a big meh from me. Partly because I can't even hear them, whether that's their fault or the stadium I'm not sure. Again just my opinion.

I was more glad that they apparently got rid of the cringey older rock band guys that they've had the past couple years than anything. Not sure I know anyone who was a fan of that...lol.

I didn't get the old guys. The idea of the band is to give the stadium a college feel. I would love to see more college bands come in for halftime and I think the Pee Wee football is much better than the band. Do that every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I didn't get the old guys. The idea of the band is to give the stadium a college feel. I would love to see more college bands come in for halftime and I think the Pee Wee football is much better than the band. Do that every week.
    And as an added bonus the Ravens offense has been so dysfunctional the past few years they might pick up a few ideas watching pee wee football.

Jeez: here we go again with the idiotic ban-the-band vitriol!

The band did not lose their seats. Rather, the band got new & better (sideline) seats.

If people who now sit behind them are complaining, count on Mr. Bisciotti to politely ignore them. Bisociotti loves the band: he grew up a Colt fan who loved the Colts Marching Band.

The band is a 71 year old Baltimore tradition which is definitely not going to leave the stadium.

I do agree with "Gerg" about rotating in local bands. Rotating others should bring out more competitive spirit. Just look at how much better the National Anthem is performed by rotating performers, after Joey Odoms terminated. Tonight's performance by Julienne Edwards was phenomenal, far outclassing anything we had heard from Joey and setting a new benchmark for future singers to match. If our band is also subject to competition, it should be a good thing.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Please just watch the 30 for 30 about the Colts marching band. I can't even imagine there is ill will towards them. Enjoy the show or just be neutral about them, but to be happy that they lost their seats seams so ridiculous to me, especially given the recent ticket problems the ravens have.

Blog Entries

Like I said, personal preference. I would never get personal with it, though. I'm fine with therm being involved to some degree but doing the same damn thing every game (really every game since I've been going to games) is stale at best.

If the stuff I've read since last night is true and the people who sit in those lower level seats behind them are complaining, they are probably going to move. I have no idea if that's true or not and it's preseason so if people there were complaining it may not even be the actual seat holders. But I can't see them ignoring the paying customer at a time when they are struggling to sell tickets and get people into the stadium.

The band sucks, and the old rock star guys are even worse. Having been to away games, other stadiums do it right.

Always hated the band as long as I had my season tickets. That was a Colts thing, these are the Ravens. Always came off goofy/nerdy for an NFL team to have a band.