Page 1 of 28 123 ... LastLast
  1. Kneeling during the Anthem

So, hypothetically, how would you feel/how would you react if you saw a fan in the stands kneel down during the Anthem. Like emulating the players. Kneeling down in solidarity?

Re: Kneeling during the Anthem

Zero Fucks....
    Fans
    Players
    Coaches
    Politicians

I love football

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

To earn respect one has to give it. That especially includes showing respect for the perspective of others. In the particular instance of a football game, that is disrespectful to the tradition, the other fans, and the spirit of the anthem and its use in American culture and history. I respect any fan's right to that, and I would help that person should they need CPR or something, but I disagree with their behavior and I would do my best to ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Zero Fucks....
    Fans
    Players
    Coaches
    Politicians

I love football

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Bingo.

Just like I don't care if someone's taking a dump in a porta potty or buying a hot dog during the anthem.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

How would that be any worse /different than on your phone? Buying a beer? Taking a dump pre game? Hell just talking or leaving your damn hat on?
    Who cares? I’m there for Football! Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    How would that be any worse /different than on your phone? Buying a beer? Taking a dump pre game? Hell just talking or leaving your damn hat on?

This.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post

I think this exposes the hypocrisy of the whole debate.

Blog Entries

Better than doing nothing and sitting on your behind like some fat slob Cowboys fan did a couple of years ago when they came to M&T. Just sat there while the anthem was played and everyone around her stood up, including her significant other. Better believe though she was up dancing around cheering late in the 4th quarter when it looked like the Cowboys were going to win. Miraculous recovery I guess from whatever ailed her before the game.

Ignore them. They have the right to kneel just like I have the right to not care what happens to them afterwards. If it were somebody I know, cut all ties from that day forward.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Give them a dirty look then continue to stand with hand over heart when the anthem plays. If they were someone I knew I'd probably no longer associate myself with them but I'm pretty sure none of my friends are that much of a loser anyways.

12. Re: Kneeling during the Anthem

I'd also give them a dirty look, think they were a POS and if they were closeby, I might accidently spill my beer on their head. They get the respect that they show. Funny how that works. Just like some fans don't care, nor would I. You have your right to your opinion, I have mine. Kneel around me and be watching over your shoulder. Go kneel outside.