Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gus Edwards

Re: Gus Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Collins is getting stuffed at the LOS/backfield a lot, the OL isn't getting any push but today, I definitely noticed he was hesitating/dancing more than usual.

One thing I like about Gus is he isn't going to make many guys miss at the POA or in the open field, but he's getting what he can out of the play and when he goes down, he's almost always falling forward.
    This is taken from my grades article:

Big shout out to Gus Edwards. He moves his feet extremely well and is a very decisive runner.
    He reads while moving his feet and just hits what he sees. He's not very dynamic, but he does that aspect really well. Out of shotgun inside zone I think he could do quite well for that very reason. With a less full box he could rack up some solid 4-5 yard gains.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I just like that Edwards gets positive yards. Il take the 3 yard gains all day. Its the no gains and loss of yard runs that collins seems to be getting every carry

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    wicked, while I don't totally disagree, two times when the Ravens needed it Collins ran the ball in for TDs... especially that 13 yard run... Bc
    He's the only RB on the team capable of taking those types of runs and going off script and making something out of nothing. He falls in love with the cutback a bit too often but he's the most dynamic runner on the team.

That said, I think Edwards will be a great second half option for them. Big, physical and aggresive at the point of attack. Exactly the type of guy you want when you go ball control.

Blog Entries

I still think he's a JAG but when you're out of bodies, somebody has to play. He did a nice job but the Oline was opening things up.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I still think he's a JAG but when you're out of bodies, somebody has to play. He did a nice job but the Oline was opening things up.
    yea i agree, they don't have much options there.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    He's the only RB on the team capable of taking those types of runs and going off script and making something out of nothing. He falls in love with the cutback a bit too often but he's the most dynamic runner on the team.

That said, I think Edwards will be a great second half option for them. Big, physical and aggresive at the point of attack. Exactly the type of guy you want when you go ball control.
    Yup. You need both types of backs in this league. One that can make something out of nothing and possibly get chunk plays, and one that consistently falls forward and gets positive yards. It will be interesting to see if Edwards gets more snaps and what he does with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He may be a JAG but he's a 6'1" 235 lb JAG. He's a good complement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post

that was Collins claim to fame last year was that he made something out of nothing and wouldn't go down, now he falls down as soon as he gets touched, he looks to have lost that explosiveness I don't know if he's playing hurt or playing with bad vision making him indecisive, the Oline is not great at run blocking Lewis, Skura and Hurst out of position will do that to a run game, but even when he gets some wiggle room he's not making that first guy miss anymore. Something is off with Collins.

9. Re: Gus Edwards

I know Ricard only averaged about 10 offensive snaps per game last year, but his usage this year has been like a roller coaster. With our DL finally healthy, I was hoping to see him return to a range of 12-15 snaps, but it didn't materialize...

Buf. 14
    @Cin. 5
    Den. 13
    @Pit. 11
    @Cle. 5
    @Ten. DNP

Maybe the coaches see teams like the Titans and think, we can expose them with our passing game, and the puts Ricard on the outside looking in.

Any other thoughts on the variation of his usage, and whether or not a traditional fullback would help our run game?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I think Collins style is a detriment when our OL isnt performing well. he doesnt punch through decisively and just get what he can. Hes always looking for that extra cut or juke to open up. Patiently. I think thats what made him good last year, waiting for our line to work, but this year, its just not been as good rushing wise. Those holes arent getting made so hes just missing the yards that are there.

I do think if Hurst moves back to LG that well be better pulling and that hopefully that patience starts paying off again.

a good mix of Edwards N/S style is a good addition, he played well and moved piles and "fell forward" when there wasnt much. we have been missing that. He showed well all PS so its good to see him do it in a real game.

Did they re-sign Mark Thompson to the PS as well?
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    I know Ricard only averaged about 10 offensive snaps per game last year, but his usage this year has been like a roller coaster. With our DL finally healthy, I was hoping to see him return to a range of 12-15 snaps, but it didn't materialize...

Buf. 14
    @Cin. 5
    Den. 13
    @Pit. 11
    @Cle. 5
    @Ten. DNP

Maybe the coaches see teams like the Titans and think, we can expose them with our passing game, and the puts Ricard on the outside looking in.

Any other thoughts on the variation of his usage, and whether or not a traditional fullback would help our run game?

I think MM prefers the versatility of an additional TE as opposed to a FB. It seems like no offensive coordinator had been able to kill the fullback position in Baltimore but it's finally happened.

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post

Buf. 14
    @Cin. 5
    Den. 13
    @Pit. 11
    @Cle. 5
    @Ten. DNP

My take is with 4 healthy TEs, using Ricard as a pure FB makes us more predictable and less dynamic on offense.