Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Re: OT - Urban Meyer

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    the joe pa getting a pass on anything is complete BS and everyone who has played any sport in HS or college knows it, let alone in a place like Happy Valley.

My football coach found out I ran a stop sign in the parking lot of school and I was punished. They know literally everything that happens. They know every test grade you get, every time you talk back to a professor, any time your seen late at night during the season at a bar.... the universities / schools employees view their head coach as a god.

paterno 100% knew what happened. You dont someone accused of what sandusky was to ever come back to school facilities, same with Myer, you dont associate your "brand" with people who will drag your program down.
    But what was he accused of in 1999 when that decision was made?

EDIT: interestingly, the decision to grant him an unusual retirement package as well as the professor emeritus status came from the same guys who were later arrested for covering up the 2002 incident

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ortizer; 08-13-2018 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Ahh, ok. I don't recall all of that.

I mean, if you have a kiddie-diddler on your staff though, wouldn't you fire him? I would.
    Lets put it this way Joe Pa was in a much better position to know what was happening with his own kids and act to protect them (by firing him) then Meyer.

Meyer firing the assistant really don't do much of anything other then an optics standpoint and he may open OSU up to a wrongful termination lawsuit if the claims end up being bogus. I see nothing wrong with letting the police handle it

Blog Entries

Brett McMurphy Retweeted Kyle Rowland
    Judge that reduced Zach Smith’s 2013 drunken driving charges is a 1968 Ohio State graduate & member of The Ohio State University President’s Club

Brett McMurphy added,
    Kyle RowlandVerified account @KyleRowland

Zach Smith was arrested in Dublin for OVI in 2013. The former OSU WR coach refused to take a breathalyzer. The incident was previously unreported. http://www.toledoblade.com/Ohio-Stat...es/20180813109

1:49 PM - 13 Aug 2018

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

4. Re: OT - Urban Meyer

One thing I will say is that I may have certainly made conclusions too soon, no matter what comes of this. However, I could understand completely why a woman would be hesitant to go to the police initially. For various reasons. Especially, with anything involving a football coach of Meyer's stature and the power he wields.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Lets put it this way Joe Pa was in a much better position to know what was happening with his own kids and act to protect them (by firing him) then Meyer.

Meyer firing the assistant really don't do much of anything other then an optics standpoint and he may open OSU up to a wrongful termination lawsuit if the claims end up being bogus. I see nothing wrong with letting the police handle it
    The issue with Joe Pa wasn't his own kids though. Sandusky was abusing children that he met through his charity.

That said, the times we live in also are bringing a lot more of this stuff to light, so even in a case like this where it's unclear even what's happening, the school will overreact to get ahead of the bad pr.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon King Onaga View Post
    One thing I will say is that I may have certainly made conclusions too soon, no matter what comes of this. However, I could understand completely why a woman would be hesitant to go to the police initially. For various reasons. Especially, with anything involving a football coach of Meyer's stature and the power he wields.
    For real. Police generally don't take it seriously without a pattern or indisputable evidence with people that aren't public figures.

OT - Urban Meyer

Hard to fire someone who is retired, doesn’t work for you and has emeritus status that was granted by the university. (Talking about Sandusky since you clearly think he was employed).

Sandusky got his victims through his charity which had nothing to do with Joe or the university, although many trustees were involved with it.

As for Urban waiting on the police, this comes from the termination section of a different OSU assistant's contract (and Urban's):

"Commission of or participation in by Coach of any act, situation, or occurrence which, in Ohio State's judgment, brings Coach and/or Ohio State into public disrepute, embarrassment, contempt, scandal or ridicule or failure by Coach to conform Coach's personal conduct to conventional and contemporary standards of good citizenship, with such conduct offending prevailing social mores and values and/or reflecting unfavorably upon Ohio State's reputation and overall primary mission and objectives, including but not limited to, acts of dishonesty, misrepresentation, fraud or violence that may or may not warrant criminal prosecution by the relevant authorities."

The first bolded section probably gives OSU the ammo to fire Urban for the shit storm his lies created. The second covers how they didn't need Zach Smith to face charges in order to dismiss him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fastlax16; 08-14-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Not to get off topic but i didnt think they were football players. Weren't they kids from a public outreach programme Sandusky was involved in?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Not to get off topic but i didnt think they were football players. Weren't they kids from a public outreach programme Sandusky was involved in?
    Kids were from a program called the second mile. Sandusky founded it in the 70s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Two things seem to be working in favor of OSU if they are angling to hold on to Urban Meyer. Their 14 day investigation may as well be 14 centuries given the speed of the modern news cycle. The Maryland situation has replaced that story if anyone is out there looking for an excuse to be outraged at college football. I'm in Ohio and haven't heard nearly as much about it as I expected. I think they can now get away with a couple weeks slap on the wrist and move on without too much repercussion.

Blog Entries

Mcmurphy is digging to save his ass at this point. His lone source has been shown to be not credible. He is trying to find something to pin on Urban at this point. He should prep for a lawsuit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483