Page 1 of 59 123 ... LastLast

Fantasy Football

Ok guys and girls. I know it’s a bit early but just got the renewal on last years Yahoo RSR league so I figured it’s time to put out the feelers again.

Last year we scrambled to put together 2 RSR leagues. A lot of regular owners didnt play due to Covid or personal reasons. Hopefully this year Amish and Sword and maybe GWNR are back. Always lots of fun.

So that being said ….anyone interested…chime in here. As camp starts we’ll make a hard list of owners and set the league /leagues up. As always we may need more than one Commish…volunteers are appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Fantasy Football

Ready to go!!

Blog Entries

I had a ton of fun last year. I really loved the auction draft. That set things apart from other leagues and was so smooth.

I’m in. I loved the auction draft as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Ok guys and girls. I know it’s a bit early but just got the renewal on last years Yahoo RSR league so I figured it’s time to put out the feelers again.

Last year we scrambled to put together 2 RSR leagues. A lot of regular owners didnt play due to Covid or personal reasons. Hopefully this year Amish and Sword and maybe GWNR are back. Always lots of fun.

So that being said ….anyone interested…chime in here. As camp starts we’ll make a hard list of owners and set the league /leagues up. As always we may need more than one Commish…volunteers are appreciated. Thanks.

Yep. Gotta defend the title.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I'm in

IMHO the auction draft …A. Is just fun. It can get silly if guys arnt careful …but it’s fun. B. It levels the field. In a regular draft if you pick top 5 you’re prob gonna contend. If you’re bottom 5 your playing for an also ran spot.

Blog Entries

The one thing we have to watch out for are managers who quit last year. Dead teams really hurt any league. All you have to do is go to the transaction logs and see those who stopped making moves mid-way through the season. Those are the same managers who did change their active rosters to account for injuries or bye weeks.

Everyone wants to play at the start but when your losing will you still be active. I was in last place through most of the season in league 2. I never stopped competing because I made a commitment. If you don’t have that attitude you shouldn’t be in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The one thing we have to watch out for are managers who quit last year. Dead teams really hurt any league. All you have to do is go to the transaction logs and see those who stopped making moves mid-way through the season. Those are the same managers who did change their active rosters to account for injuries or bye weeks.

Everyone wants to play at the start but when your losing will you still be active. I was in last place through most of the season in league 2. I never stopped competing because I made a commitment. If you don’t have that attitude you shouldn’t be in the league.
    100% agree. One of my pet peeves is people who quit their league because of standings. No matter if its a money league or free FF os best when every manager is engaged and trying to improve and win. I was in both leagues last year due to turnout and I'm ok being in both again if need be but I'd rather we have more players so that both leagues are all different folks. But it has to be folks that are invested from start to finish

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

Agreed 100%. As at least one of the Commissioners….I’m gonna address that before we assign teams. Most guys here play all year. It’s not fair to the league if a team or two quits. Gotta play every week.

I'd be interested in running a team in one of the leagues. I'm happy to play any format, but I'd love to try an auction. I've only ever done snake drafts before, so it's always fun to try something new.

You won't have to worry about me bailing on a team.

Never tired of winning 🥇