Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: dating/women/ relationships in general

I met my wife in marching band when she didn't know where to go during before the game start and thought I was a freshman and approachable (was actually a senior). We ended up talking the whole time, so I found her in Facebook afterwards. We kept talking there for awhile, which she later told me she didn't realize who I was for a few days. Also found out she was engaged.

We ended up being friends. Eventually they broke up, and we got closer as friends, though we never started dating, and drifted away a little bit. At the end of the year she told me she was joining the army since she couldn't afford school anymore. I figured I would never see her again.

Eventuality she got discharged because her knees got injured and she started talking to me a lot as she was waiting to go home. We started hanging out again when we got back, but again didn't start dating. We would end up talking about how we couldn't date until we were ready to settle down, because that would be it.

We finally ended up dating a few months after I graduated and moved back to New Jersey, and did the long distance thing for a few months. After that she transferred to the online campus and moved in with me. We were married a few months later, and now 3 children and 8 years later, here we are.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

We finally ended up dating a few months after I graduated and moved back to New Jersey, and did the long distance thing for a few months. After that she transferred to the online campus and moved in with me. We were married a few months later, and now 3 children and 8 years later, here we are.

Congratulations! It is beautiful to see and hear a successful relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I met my wife in marching band when she didn't know where to go during before the game start and thought I was a freshman and approachable (was actually a senior). We ended up talking the whole time, so I found her in Facebook afterwards. We kept talking there for awhile, which she later told me she didn't realize who I was for a few days. Also found out she was engaged.

We ended up being friends. Eventually they broke up, and we got closer as friends, though we never started dating, and drifted away a little bit. At the end of the year she told me she was joining the army since she couldn't afford school anymore. I figured I would never see her again.

Eventuality she got discharged because her knees got injured and she started talking to me a lot as she was waiting to go home. We started hanging out again when we got back, but again didn't start dating. We would end up talking about how we couldn't date until we were ready to settle down, because that would be it.

Nice story. Sounds like a Disney movie. Lol.
    It is great to hear things work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    I met my gorgeous wife in 2004

She was at a church party and got bored so she went to downtown Raleigh

I was at a strip club at a bachelor party and got bored and went to downtown Raleigh

Heaven met hell. Lol,

We ran into one another. I told her that I would marry her in 5 years within 15 mins of talking. I got her number and married her 5 years later. She’s literally the most beautiful person I’ve ever met in real life.

She could do waaaaay better.
    You are a lucky man. Marrying for love is better than settling or doing what looks good on paper. I'll take that every day, seven days a week. I tell all my single friends to follow their heart. Otherwise, you'll set yourself up for misery. Everyone should follow your lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post
    I am not a champion with the dating game or scene.

My parents were quintessential and never divorced. (They are old fashioned or traditional.) Now, having standing in the community and have finally built my empire, I do not need a woman, but would like one.

It's APPEARANCE and PERSONALITY.

Ravens fans, why cannot I find, a white lady, with intelligence, and physically with long hair? ...All I have gotten is model-like women with short, boy hair.

I tried E-Harmony a while back, but that was a bad website for such.
    Why white if I may ask? I used to think I had a racial preference in my teen years but I realized you'll be missing out on some great girls this way. They each had something different about them and dating outside your race has a sort of excitement to it. I seemed to always attract black women and latinas the most throughout my life and they both drove me nuts! Phenomenal intimacy with them... they really put it on ya! Always had a thing for the feisty and fiery latina and sassy but classy black woman. White women were great too but I could never trust their asses.. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I personally would really hate being single these days. Everything seems so superficial. I’m 35 and when I was in college you went to parties or went out to meet people.

These days it’s Tinder and eHarmony, and Plenty of Fish...I just don’t see how that kind of stuff can work because people fabricate shit.

I think if my wife and I divorced, I’d probably just stay single. Hit the gym and wood work is probably all I’d do.

I'm with ya.. if I was ever single again I would not pursue anything serious. If something serious finds me then so be it but for the most part I would probably just go back to fucking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Why white if I may ask? I used to think I had a racial preference in my teen years but I realized you'll be missing out on some great girls this way. They each had something different about them and dating outside your race has a sort of excitement to it. I seemed to always attract black women and latinas the most throughout my life and they both drove me nuts! Phenomenal intimacy with them... they really put it on ya! Always had a thing for the feisty and fiery latina and sassy but classy black woman. White women were great too but I could never trust their asses.. lol.

I am white and seemingly only match up well with Caucasian women. Sexual intercourse not with a spouse is prohibited by God in the Bible, and I adhere to that. All it takes is self-control and discipline to avoid sex, and I do have intimacy and enjoy romance.

I like the intelligence of white women because I too am white and highly-educated.

Great thread btw smoove.

My wife and I went to high school together and we knew of each other but never spoke. She was in a relationship that lasted several years past high school and I joined the navy and became as she would call it, a whore. I was that shy type kind of hopeless romantic back in high school that would think im in love with some chick im not even with. What a sap.

I turned into a monster when I joined the navy though.. the shyness was long gone, I was pullin any girl I wanted and doing fucked up shit to some of them that I probably won't story you about! Lol. My wife eventually broke up with her high school guy who became a deadbeat once they had a kid and I was there playing daddy. Loved her and her daughter pretty much instantly. More attractive than any woman I ever landed before!

And I converted her to Ravenism too!

Married her only 3-4 months of dating and still going strong 3 years and 2 kids later lol. I did 1 deployment away from her and she grabbed me by the balls and made me come home. The kids have taken over the house and much of the romance so any debacle we have is usually something to do with that but nothing disastrous.

Great thread btw smoove.

My wife and I went to high school together and we knew of each other but never spoke. She was in a relationship that lasted several years past high school and I joined the navy and became as she would call it, a whore. I was that shy type kind of hopeless romantic back in high school that would think im in love with some chick im not even with. What a sap.

I turned into a monster when I joined the navy though.. the shyness was long gone, I was pullin any girl I wanted and doing fucked up shit to some of them that I probably won't story you about! Lol. My wife eventually broke up with her high school guy who became a deadbeat once they had a kid and I was there playing daddy. Loved her and her daughter pretty much instantly. More attractive than any woman I ever landed before!

And I converted her to Ravenism too!

Married her only 3-4 months of dating and still going strong 3 years and 2 kids later lol. I did 1 deployment away from her and she grabbed me by the balls and made me come home. The kids have taken over the house and much of the romance so any debacle we have is usually something to do with that but nothing disastrous.
    Congrats Cool-X! Funny how the right woman will calm you down. Props on being a “step-dad “ bro. Toughest job I’ve ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Congrats Cool-X! Funny how the right woman will calm you down. Props on being a “step-dad “ bro. Toughest job I’ve ever had.

Thank you! She definitely did tone me down.. so far no issues as a step daddy though. It would be a lot harder if I was still doing deployments I think!

Thank you! She definitely did tone me down.. so far no issues as a step daddy though. It would be a lot harder if I was still doing deployments I think!
    No doubt. I used to travel a lot for work and it Def put a strain on my marriage. But we worked through.

I was bullied and picked on all through out middle and high school, and already had low self esteem on top of being extremely shy. I liked a few girls and asked them out, only to get laughed at, so that lowered my self esteem even lower. The high school dances I did attend, I flew solo due to being rejected or plain out not asking from fear of further rejection.

Went on to college at East Carolina University. Still with the lowest of self esteem and shyness, but the people there didn't bully or tease me. I guess there really is a difference from high schoolers to college peeps. lol Freshman year, I met a high school senior that lived in the area. We hung out and talked but she didn't want anything serious due to me living an hour and a half away....she couldn't do the long distance thing...

I found myself into chatrooms more and more and all the instant messenger type things that was around at that time (1999) and one particular one, ICQ, I had girls listed several times as my interests....Well, randomly one day, I got a message, "yeah, what about us?" and that's how I met my current wife.

We talked on there for a few weeks, then upped to a phone call because she wanted to hear my Southern accent. lol She was in Michigan, and I in North Carolina. I said fuck it and gave her a call. We kept talking from time to time and it grew more and more and the next thing I know I'm flying up to Detroit to meet her and her family in person in order for her to be able to come down and go to Daytona with me for Spring Break. We've been together since then and got married in 2004 and now have 2 girls, one 11 and the youngest 6 :)

Yes, you read that correctly, I have only had 1 girlfriend and she's the only one I've ever been with....

Now, IF something were to happen and I ever had to "date" again, I dunno if I could do it. 38 years old will be here in a matter of days, and I don't want go through all the heartaches and pains involved in rejections, things not working out, crazy chicks, or what-have-you. Honestly don't know what I would do. I would more than likely try having a relationship with someone else, but I'm not looking for that to ever be an option. I'm with my one and only already. :)