Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Thread

Travel Thread

Where have you been? Any recommendations?

The wife and I have been considering Paris, Brussels, Dubrovnik or Athens next year. Any of you ever been? Any recommendations of those or any others? Neither of us have been to Europe yet so that's where we are eyeing.
    Last edited by Culex; 07-20-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Re: Travel Thread

Great thread.

I really need to get to Europe. If anyone is going somewhere in the Caribbean I highly recommend Barbados. We went there for our honeymoon and it was FANTASTIC.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Great thread.

I really need to get to Europe. If anyone is going somewhere in the Caribbean I highly recommend Barbados. We went there for our honeymoon and it was FANTASTIC.
    My wife and I have been to Italy (Rome, Venice, Cinque Terra, Florence) and we’re going back in October. Lake Como this time.

Italia is such a beautiful place. If you like wine, Italian food, world history, gellato, and relaxing...you’ll LOVE Italy.

I am more of a tropical person, but definitely want to travel. I have always wanted to do a backpacking trip across Europe....should prolly stop watching movies like Hostel though. Seeing the Catacombs would be cool.

I have only traveled to Niagra Falls which was a blast, that was about ten years ago.

Places I want to go:
    Costa Rica
    Ireland
    Australia- they have a pink lake there that would be interesting to see, Lake Hillier
    China- I want to see the Tianzi Mountains
    Peru- Machu Picchu
    Philippines
    Japan- Iwo Jima. Suicide Forest. So many places.

There are so many places I would love to visit, I really need to get on this list considering I haven't went anywhere I was hoping to by this time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I have always wanted to do a backpacking trip across Europe.....
    This makes me think of "Well, you made a long journey from Milan to Minsk Rochelle, Rochelle"

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Where have you been? Any recommendations?

The wife and I have been considering Paris, Brussels, Dubrovnik or Athens next year. Any of you ever been? Any recommendations of those or any others? Neither of us have been to Europe yet so that's where we are eyeing.
    I loved Europe but have to say that Paris (there’s some cool stuff there) was last place. I’d go back to Vienna, Amsterdam, Munich, or ANYWHERE in Switzerland. I lived in London for a while and got to bounce around a lot. I do wish I’d have gone to Spain or Rome instead of Paris. I heard they were amazing as well.
    I’m not saying DON’T go to Paris, I’m just saying it should be way down your list.

We went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon 19 years ago. Beautiful place, but like many Caribbean islands it's very poor. Stayed at a Sandals which is all-inclusive including most activities (scuba twice, snorkeling). Golf or spa is extra.

Went to Ireland in 2000 with another couple. Lot of fun. Flew into Shannon rented a car and traveled pretty much along the coast south than east and north to Dublin. Stayed in Galway, Ashford Castle, Killarney (2 nights), Cork, Dublin (2 nights). If you go, definitely stay in a castle for a night. That night was probably almost as much as the rest of our hotel/B&B stays, but worth it.

Germany 5 or 6 years ago. Most of the time spent with family in a small town, then 3 nights in Berlin. Beautiful city and so much to see.

Puerto Rico last Easter. Fun trip, but obviously very different now.

Did a cruise last fall for first time. Wasn't crazy about it. Stopped in Roatan, Belize, Costa May and Cozumel. Not to say I didn't enjoy myself. But cruise fans always talk about how you get to go to all these different places, but I didn't really feel like I visited these countries. You can take excursions, but they cost an arm and a leg. I also don't like being on someone else's schedule when I'm on vacation.

Also enjoy traveling domestically. San Francisco and San Diego are two of my favorite cities to visit. Have also always had a good time in Chicago.

I would love to do a barbeque and brewery road trip. Don't know how my body would handle that though.

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post

Did a cruise last fall for first time. Wasn't crazy about it. Stopped in Roatan, Belize, Costa May and Cozumel. Not to say I didn't enjoy myself. But cruise fans always talk about how you get to go to all these different places, but I didn't really feel like I visited these countries. You can take excursions, but they cost an arm and a leg. I also don't like being on someone else's schedule when I'm on vacation.

Also enjoy traveling domestically. San Francisco and San Diego are two of my favorite cities to visit. Have also always had a good time in Chicago.

A cruise is on my list, but having a fear of water doesn't really speed up my urgency to check that off my list.

What all did you like about San Diego, where all did you go? Any gems I might not know about while living here?

We went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon 19 years ago. Beautiful place, but like many Caribbean islands it's very poor. Stayed at a Sandals which is all-inclusive including most activities (scuba twice, snorkeling). Golf or spa is extra.

Went to Ireland in 2000 with another couple. Lot of fun. Flew into Shannon rented a car and traveled pretty much along the coast south than east and north to Dublin. Stayed in Galway, Ashford Castle, Killarney (2 nights), Cork, Dublin (2 nights). If you go, definitely stay in a castle for a night. That night was probably almost as much as the rest of our hotel/B&B stays, but worth it.

Germany 5 or 6 years ago. Most of the time spent with family in a small town, then 3 nights in Berlin. Beautiful city and so much to see.

Puerto Rico last Easter. Fun trip, but obviously very different now.

I would love to do a barbeque and brewery road trip. Don't know how my body would handle that though.
    My wife and I intend to do a mini brewery vacation in a couple weeks when we go out to see my parents! Illinois and Michigan aren't exactly know for Barbecue though.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Favorite places I've been in Europe were Spain and London. Probably Italy next. Germany, France, and Amsterdam were cool too, but down the list.

Note that Spain is the only one on the list I've been to as an adult though. The others were in high school.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    My wife and I intend to do a mini brewery vacation in a couple weeks when we go out to see my parents! Illinois and Michigan aren't exactly know for Barbecue though.
    BBQ? Get your ass down to NC!

12. Re: Travel Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    BBQ? Get your ass down to NC!
    My thoughts, exactly! Not sure it gets much better than WNC for that.