Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Perriman

Re: Perriman

Yeah, I only recall hearing how well he has done in the past during like OTAs and things like that. I don't think he's ever had a healthy offseason and a full camp. My guess is that the team wants to see what he looks like with a full camp and a ton of pressure to actually make the team. Who knows, maybe that's the catalyst he needs? Either way, I could care less about the 650k...as another poster stated, it ain't my money. Wouldn't it be funny if Perriman wins the war of atrition and winds up staying healthy all the way through?

Blog Entries

The power of prayer on full display is the only thing I got. I’m not religious at all but I’m guessing 11 prayers were answered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think too many people will bet on Perriman making the team unless the odds are really good. But stranger things have happened. I'm sure not too many people would have bet on Alex Collins getting 973 yards and 7 TDs right after he got released by the Seahawks last September.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    The problem is that Perriman always seems to do well in training camp. He is that guy who does just enough to keep his job, but doesn't actually do any work that matters.
    Actually the problem is that Perriman sucks and the Ravens flat out refuse to cut bait with failed high draft picks

What was the option? IIRC $650k?

this is why Joe isnt throwing with WRs. He knew...

He freaking knew
    Burn it down

$600K ! Wow. Well lets hope this turd dont shine and Eric D cuts his ass before the end of camp and saves that extra Million. With the Ravens luck of late ...gonna need that Mil for an O-Lineman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

He's already dropped one in camp already

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    $600K seems like a lot for insurance.
    Actually it seems like very little for insurance. (In NFL terms.)

What I'm more worried about is the opportunity cost of missing out on Jaleel Scott or Jordan Lasley or Tim White or Janarion Grant. But honestly, training camp will likely sort that all out.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    I seem to recall how good he has looked in camp and practices.
    Last year he was killing it in OTA's and minicamps. Dennis Pitta said he was the best player on the field.

But Perriman has NEVER been thru training camp. He's always missed it with injury. Honestly, I'd like to see him get thru camp; finally get a chance to be coached in training camp. Cut him later, fine: but let's see the guy get one camp.

Blog Entries

As was said in the other thread...it's not "just 650k" if he gets hurt, which through his career so far, getting hurt is about the only thing he's been able to do consistently. They are on the hook for like 1.2M or something if he gets hurt and has to go on IR. It's a risky move from the Ravens side and I'm not really seeing a lot of potential reward for it.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    As was said in the other thread...it's not "just 650k" if he gets hurt, which through his career so far, getting hurt is about the only thing he's been able to do consistently. They are on the hook for like 1.2M or something if he gets hurt and has to go on IR. It's a risky move from the Ravens side and I'm not really seeing a lot of potential reward for it.
    What are the cap implications for this year and next? If it doesn't affect the cap much or at all, it's not really a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Actually it seems like very little for insurance. (In NFL terms.
    IMO, that would be true if (1) you thought there will not be an equivalent option available and (2) you were afraid he would be quickly picked up by someone else, thus unavailable to come back if needed later. Not what I believe, but what do I know.