Page 4 of 155 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I believe we had the horses, it was the DC that wasn't up to par. Now hopefully Wink will unleash the defensive talent we have and we'll see increased sacks, etc. Just let the guys play to their strengths... Bc
    One horse goes down (Jimmy Smith) and Pees's defenses pulled up lame. That's a problem. That's been a problem since 2014. It's easy for the mind's eye to draw a line between those parts of season with Smith and those without him.

Pees didn't show that his defenses could ever climb out from that valley. Who knows if Wink is better. But Pees seemed to have plateaued.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Lol Bc that’s not a selfie is it?
    Naw, he looks a lot better than I do... bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    I like this move, the talent on the browns team over the last 2 years have been really good, coaching is their issue. I like this move a lot

@jamisonhensley
    Following Following @jamisonhensley
    More
    Here's Ravens starting defense as training camp opens today: DE: Urban; NT: Williams; DT: Henry; OLBS: Suggs, Judon; ILBs: Mosley, Onwuasor; CBs: J.Smith, Humphrey/Carr; SS: Jefferson; FS: Weddle
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    @jamisonhensley
    More
    Here's Ravens starting defense as training camp opens today: DE: Urban; NT: Williams; DT: Henry; OLBS: Suggs, Judon; ILBs: Mosley, Onwuasor; CBs: J.Smith, Humphrey/Carr; SS: Jefferson; FS: Weddle
    On paper this defense should be playing lights out I don't know what to think of Wink just yet, I just hope it's not denver 2.0.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    On paper this defense should be playing lights out I don't know what to think of Wink just yet, I just hope it's not denver 2.0.
    The talent is there. No excuses

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    @jamisonhensley
    More
    No surprises here. Exactly how it should be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The talent is there. No excuses
    no excuses if Hue was even half a coach Ravens would be in the bottom of the AFCN the last 2 years. That team is so stacked with college level talent over the last 5 years it's ridiculous

I really hope someone like Young takes over Peanut. I really dont like him. Like...really.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    I sincerely hope the DC change makes a big difference.

I’m a little more skeptical though. Anytime players are quick to blame their shitty play on not feeling like they were free to make plays or overthinking, I always think back to the fact that at the end of the day either you make the play or you don’t. You wrap up the tackle or you don’t. You beat your man or you don’t. You cover your guy or you don’t.

Pees was definitely part of the problem, but it irks me how quickly players are saying how much better everything is now.

I think ANYONE we hired at DC is gonna look better than Pees by default because our offense is going to be better than last year.

Like I said, hope I’m wrong, but I’m not counting on a magical transformation or a revolutionary scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I understand what you're saying, but the clear pattern of how and when the failures occur is an indictment of the coach and scheme more than the players.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Smoove I will say this again Wink was poisoned by Josh McDaniels so accept that reason and move on LOL He’s not Pees 2.0 by the way how is ya boy doing? LOL