Page 136 of 155 FirstFirst ... 134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,632 of 1850

Re: Training Camp 2018

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Hmmm, so the players want to start a conversation huh?
    Looking at the three shirts in the link
    "60% of prison population is people of color". My response is And????????????

"5,000 kids are in adult prison" My response is, So?

"1.6 M former convicts can't vote in Fla" Again my response is So?
    Not giving a shit is easy, isn't it?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    That is a very real problem and not at all a new one. And if people of color receive harsher sentences, then it is not a stretch to believe that people of color face arrest more than others. And this before getting into corruption.

Add in these for-profit prisons and a judges receiving kick backs for sentencing children of color to jail time, yeah, there are major problems in our justice system if you are poor and/or a minority. Wiki link, but there are many other articles: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_for_cash_scandal

I'm glad players are finding ways to bring attention to social issues, even if it is just wearing a t-shirt.
    I think "relatability " is one factor. I think a kid that reminds the judge of a son or niece, is far more likely to catch a break than a kid that he or she has nothing in common with. There is a sympathy factor that minorities dont necessarily get from white judges. The solution is for minorities to work their way into those positions.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I sure we all have strong feelings on this issue, but can we save it for the political forum? Not a poke at you specifically - just needed a quote so people know what I'm referring to later on. Just making a preemptively plea to keep this thread on topic.
    Indeed!
    Back on topic please.
    There's plenty of threads available to discuss racial issues in the politics forum.
    Take it there please!!:
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

The Ahtletic's Jeff Zrebiec considers John Brown the "standout" of Ravens camp.

Per Zrebiec, "nobody made more plays than Brown during training camp." Zrebiec is echoing coach John Harbaugh, who singled Brown out for praise on Wednesday. Brown has proven to be an electrifying playmaker when healthy, but he spent much of the past two years battling complications from his sickle-cell trait. If Brown is beyond that this season, he will be an ideal deep target for big-armed Joe Flacco, and quite possibly the Ravens' No. 1 receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post

Per Zrebiec, "nobody made more plays than Brown during training camp." Zrebiec is echoing coach John Harbaugh, who singled Brown out for praise on Wednesday. Brown has proven to be an electrifying playmaker when healthy, but he spent much of the past two years battling complications from his sickle-cell trait. If Brown is beyond that this season, he will be an ideal deep target for big-armed Joe Flacco, and quite possibly the Ravens' No. 1 receiver.
    I'm excited to see it on the field during regular season. My hope is that we get a poor man's Antonio Brown out of him.

Well, at least the Ravens play the Broncos at home instead of in Denver. You don't want a guy endangering his health and his body like that.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Well, at least the Ravens play the Broncos at home instead of in Denver. You don't want a guy endangering his health and his body like that.
    Good point - and I feel much better playing them at home anyway.

Training Camp ends and we are as healthy as can be in a long time. And with a longer preseason, kudos To Sanders , strength coach and Coach Harbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Good point - and I feel much better playing them at home anyway.
    We could end up seeing LJ a lot quicker than expected with Miller AND Chubb chasing after Joe. That's a crazy combo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Is it weird that the Ravens are doing joint practices with the Colts? Seems weird to me. Guess I’m just old.

"Everybody looks good in shorts and shells." - Brian Billick.

More camp hype. Prove it during real games.

Blog Entries

I like to hope Brown's a rich man's Torrey Smith or Mike Wallace. My thing with him is the same as it's always been. If he stays healthy I think he'll be damn good for us. If he can't kick the injury bug then he won't, I think it's that simple really.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52