Blog Entries

Re: Issues vs. Non Issues

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    ISSUE
    The Athletic

@TheAthleticBAL
    1h1 hour ago
    More
    "The major complaint, more than anything else, is 'you guys are not fun to watch.'" How the Ravens have zeroed in on trying to make amends with a disgruntled fan base this offseason, by @jeffzrebiec
    Jeff's first tweet with AthleticBAL is pretty dead on. That's why I turned off games last year, or didn't watch to begin with. Wins solve everything but damn, you don't have to be so boring.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    ISSUE
    The Athletic

@TheAthleticBAL
    1h1 hour ago
    More
    "The major complaint, more than anything else, is 'you guys are not fun to watch.'" How the Ravens have zeroed in on trying to make amends with a disgruntled fan base this offseason, by @jeffzrebiec

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Jeff's first tweet with AthleticBAL is pretty dead on. That's why I turned off games last year, or didn't watch to begin with. Wins solve everything but damn, you don't have to be so boring.

"Wake me if the Ravens win, dear. Otherwise let me sleep until dinner. Thank you."

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post

"Wake me if the Ravens win, dear. Otherwise let me sleep until dinner. Thank you."

... Bc
    Lol, I definitely had more than a couple sundays like that last year.

Nice to see Dick Cass and I'll assume some other top brass are still out of touch with reality.

Ravens Trying To Win Again and Win Back Fans

“The major complaint, more than anything else, is ‘you guys are not fun to watch,’” Cass said. “I don’t think it’s a style of play honestly. It’s whether you win-or-lose, because we weren’t a fun team to watch in 2000 [when they won the Super Bowl]. We didn’t score an [offensive] touchdown for five straight games, but fans were excited and still came to all the games and were really engaged.”

In 2000 the team was only in year five of its existence and was still in the honeymoon faze of the NFL back in Baltimore.
    They were just starting year three in a nice new shiny stadium.
    The defense was arguably the best to ever play in the NFL and was fun to watch.
    They had an identity that represented Baltimore and the surrounding areas mentality to a T.
    They had a head coach that also represented the same attitude as the fan base....us against the world.
    That 2000 team was essentially the team that set the standard of winning football and post season appearances.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If there was faith in the ability to win a Super Bowl that way fans would be watching. Instead at the end of last year it was more 'here we go again'.