Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Issues vs. Non Issues

This a very good article from John Eisenberg where he looks at the issues this Ravens team has vs. the non-issue.

Non-Issues - Flacco passing camp. I can help but think of esmd when I read this one. It's exactly the points he's been posting for a while.

Issues - new receiving corp, O-line, young pass rushers, Jimmy's health, Mosley not being extended.

I personally don't think Mosley not being signed is an issue but I understand the logic. The other I completely agree on. I would also add a new DC with a bad history at the job on my list. Questionable depth for every unit outside of QB and RB would also make my list but I do think Eisenberg addressed this in his young pass rushers and Jimmy Smith health issues.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...head-into-trai

Re: Issues vs. Non Issues

Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

we'll see come sept 2018 if it's a "non-issue" smh ravens PR is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Agree with you there on Ravens PR. I still don't understand how we can't produce or procure some real journalistic talent and media to cover this damn team properly.

As for CJ Mosley, I've actually been contemplating this one for a while. I think there is a possibility that he might become the 1st Ravens high draft pick that performs beyond his rookie contract, but still may not get resigned. It would be a definite deviation from the norm for Eric to let CJ move on. I think he is a fantastic player, but is he worth setting the market for inside LBers? How important is he to THIS team and THIS defense? could they find a player that could give you 85% of CJ's production for a fraction of the cost? Is CJ really a game changer? It's hard for me to answer some of these questions as a fan. I see his impact when he's on the field. But I can't say I recall any game-ending or game changing plays off the top of my head. Like when it's down to the final seconds and the team needs someone to slam the door, how many times has CJ been the guy to do it? I highly doubt they let him walk, and whatever contract he gets, he definitely earned it...just throwing out some thoughts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    As for CJ Mosley, I've actually been contemplating this one for a while. I think there is a possibility that he might become the 1st Ravens high draft pick that performs beyond his rookie contract, but still may not get resigned. It would be a definite deviation from the norm for Eric to let CJ move on. I think he is a fantastic player, but is he worth setting the market for inside LBers? How important is he to THIS team and THIS defense? could they find a player that could give you 85% of CJ's production for a fraction of the cost? Is CJ really a game changer? It's hard for me to answer some of these questions as a fan. I see his impact when he's on the field. But I can't say I recall any game-ending or game changing plays off the top of my head. Like when it's down to the final seconds and the team needs someone to slam the door, how many times has CJ been the guy to do it? I highly doubt they let him walk, and whatever contract he gets, he definitely earned it...just throwing out some thoughts on it.
    I'm right there with you on this.
    We're not talking about the second coming of Ray Lewis here.
    Mosley is a good solid player but nothing about him jumps out screaming best in the league that should be paid that way.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

It is a walking contradiction. Flacco not holding a passing camp is not an issue but the fact that he has a completely new receiver group is an issue. Welp, it would seem like Flacco's passing camp might have helped ease some of that burden

It’s an issue they are protecting Flacco wait on second thought the way BR.com has been hyping Lamar they have trolled the hell out of Flucco LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    It is a walking contradiction. Flacco not holding a passing camp is not an issue but the fact that he has a completely new receiver group is an issue. Welp, it would seem like Flacco's passing camp might have helped ease some of that burden
    Corey that camp was never going to happen, be prepared to hear Flacco give the ole “See what had happened was” speech LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I'm right there with you on this.
    We're not talking about the second coming of Ray Lewis here.
    Mosley is a good solid player but nothing about him jumps out screaming best in the league that should be paid that way.
    If they aren't going to sign Mosley then they need to find a viable replacement. I don't disagree that I wouldn't pay Mosley what I'm imagining he's likely to get, but they have nobody else on the roster. Peanut is average at best, Bowser would/will be an experiment, Correa was a spectacular disaster, and a lot of people didn't think very highly of Young going into the draft plus he's wholly unproven at this level. So it's easy to say they won't sign him or shouldn't, but you have to have a replacement for him that at least gives you 80/20...

I have zero issue with letting the year play out and reassessing after the season. If one or two of these guys plays well this year, it makes the decision easier, and even if Mosley plays great, short of being the DPOTY or the MVP of the SB, his value isn't going to be going up significantly from where it is now. So it's not like a Flacco situation where you could be looking at several million difference. And if either of those things happens then I imagine most people won't be sitting here saying they shouldn't re-sign him, lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    It’s an issue they are protecting Flacco wait on second thought the way BR.com has been hyping Lamar they have trolled the hell out of Flucco LOL
    That was the part I could never figure either...it's like there are two separate camps over there in Ravens PR...almost just like here, lol. They want all the excitement and buzz generated by drafting Lamar. They want the fans excited for the future. They want to show that things are gonna be different once LJ takes over....at the same time, they are hedging their bets. Figuring, Joe is healthy and we gave him some new toys so maybe we shouldn't abandon that ship...just yet. Joe seems to respond well to doubt and and some tension...not sure why they haven't been able to find ways to keep that going, even if you have to manufacture it. I think that's one of the reasons BB and the OCs in NE always get on Brady's case. This man has 5 fucking rings and they never let up. He gets pissy and thrives under that shit. Feeling disrespected and always trying to prove his doubters wrong...even though he doesn't actually have any and is regarded as the goat by damn near everyone. The Ravens saw Joe respond to hard coaching in 2014. Reports were that he and Kubes got into a couple of times. THAT'S A GOOD THING!!! Why have the coaches taken so long to figure out how the dude is wired...it's not rocket surgery.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    agreed Ry