Thread: Quick Question

Quick Question

So Yanda begins camp on PUP. This is apparently no big deal, but can anyone provide any more insight?

And any inside knowledge on how Urban is doing? (He is also on PUP)

Blog Entries

Re: Quick Question

they've kept things quiet and the Sun lost their beat writer so not much insight to report. Probably a good thing this time of year.
    4 days until BP bonus countdown

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Hensley tweeted that it was an “expected precautionary measure” and that Yanda isn’t favoring the ankle at this point. IMO, it’s not so much a question of why did they did it, as it is why *wouldn’t* they do it.

We have a longer than usual preseason thanks to the HoF game. Yanda doesn’t need the reps. Meanwhile, there are a bunch of young guys who definitely do need the reps.

Let Marshal take his time, get everything as completely healed up as possible. If he’s still on the PUP by the third preseason game, I’ll worry.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Hensley tweeted that it was an “expected precautionary measure” and that Yanda isn’t favoring the ankle at this point. IMO, it’s not so much a question of why did they did it, as it is why *wouldn’t* they do it.

We have a longer than usual preseason thanks to the HoF game. Yanda doesn’t need the reps. Meanwhile, there are a bunch of young guys who definitely do need the reps.

Let Marshal take his time, get everything as completely healed up as possible. If he’s still on the PUP by the third preseason game, I’ll worry.
    This.

It's about getting Siragusa, Skura, Lewis, Hurst, and Eluemunor reps at guard.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

see a guy like Yanda I have no worries about missing time because this guy just plays at one level, at this stage preserving Yanda is a priority, he's getting older and more injury prone.

Yeah, keep him fresh for regular season action as much as possible. He's the strongest part of the O-line.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Blog Entries

Once a player is off PUP you can't put him back on. It makes sense if they're going to miss time in the preseason.

Blog Entries

My take is that Yanda (34 in September) is an accomplished veteran, coming off a serious injury, and doesn't need the reps. Why wear this ageing jewel of our Oline out in pre-season? Let him get as much rest as possible and I'm sure he will be ready by game #1. People, it's a long regular season... Bc

If Yanda played any position but OLine, I'd even be ok with sitting him early or putting him on a snap count. Want to have that guy healthy and rested down the stretch, but that doesn't really work those guys. They have to develop cohesion and rhythm. Let him take as much time as he needs to be close to 100%.

It is nice to see the guys who are not on the pup list. Siragusa being back is welcome news. Hopefully he does not have any lingering effects of the knee injury.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

I'll preface this by saying I agree that the young guys need reps and any time they get on the field is a positive in my book.
    I also agree that Yanda (if actually healthy) will be ready to buckle his "shin scrap" and play come week 1 without much preparation in preseason.
    That being said....we're talking about the guy that walked off the field without a limp that had a broken ankle or whatever the hell it was.
    Everybody else gets carted off or is hobbling with their arms draped over trainers to get to the sideline and lockerroom.
    Don't care what a reporter says he's seeing or not seeing regarding Yanda and favoring (or not) a leg.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!