Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump vs Putin

Re: Trump vs Putin

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Fuck that guy. He's a pompous jerk. Always has been.

But thanks for reminding me why I only follow woodworkers and Ravens stuff on social media anymore. Everyone is such a gigantic turd these days on social media because they can. 90% of the shit people say on Twitter or Facebook they wouldn't say to someone face to face because they'd get their ass handed to them. It's embarrassing. I'm embarrassed for these people.
    oh jeez, I don't even know the guy, just thought it was a funny joke!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Yuuup! I used to be on Twitter until I figured out it was journalists, activists, and 13-year olds spouting Wikipedia and posting links to articles by crap like Slate or Media Matters.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    oh jeez, I don't even know the guy, just thought it was a funny joke!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    im with you ITD

wow this dude better watch out hahah

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/17/vladim...ace-interview/
    Last edited by WrongBaldy; 07-19-2018 at 10:09 AM.

I think Putin runs circles around most world leaders including Trump. He is one of the smartest and most manipulative people in the world. Trump is good at a lot of things but doesn't strike me as a guy who can outsmart Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Mueller is dropping all sorts of allegations against their people so the media here can go full in on the Trump Russia story. Russia is saying they’ll comply if we allow them to interview our people for a case that is “ridiculous”. I think Trump and Putin are actually just making fun of Mueller to be honest. Obviously Mueller will never actually indict one of those 12 Russians. Russia is clearly making that point. So they’re asking for 12 of our people. Look at our reaction.... now how do you think Putin views Mueller?

Blog Entries

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/19/trum...17-report.html

for those wondering, it wasnt hacking that we got our information (not that it would matter), but an informant close to Putin himself, which Trump saw and agreed with before he was even sworn in.

I think thats important to recognize. while we dont get to see and know the details of some of this, He and some others have.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    I think Putin runs circles around most world leaders including Trump. He is one of the smartest and most manipulative people in the world. Trump is good at a lot of things but doesn't strike me as a guy who can outsmart Putin.
    He was the head of the KGB. You don't get to be the head of the KGB without being incredibly smart.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/19/trum...17-report.html

for those wondering, it wasnt hacking that we got our information (not that it would matter), but an informant close to Putin himself, which Trump saw and agreed with before he was even sworn in.

I think thats important to recognize. while we dont get to see and know the details of some of this, He and some others have.
    I think waaaaaaaaaaaay (multiple "a's" just for you JAB) too much is being made out of what is publicly being said about Putin/Russia.

Everything that has been happening (actions) is being ignored by the Left entirely and they keep focusing on the public exchanges. It's kinda silly because its completely disingenuous to reality.

As far as out-maneuvering Putin...isn't he kinda doing that? Maybe my definition of "out-maneuvering" is different than everybody else's. It seems like Trump is being super friendly with Putin in front of the press, but being a complete dick in his actions. Am I wrong? IMO, what Trump is saying/doing is the equivalent to smiling in Putin/Russia's face while fucking Putin/Russia from behind with sandpaper.

Russian diplomats and intelligence officers expelled. Another action Trump voiced reservations about but proceeded with anyway was the shuttering of the Russian consulate in Seattle in March, along with the expulsion of 60 Russian diplomatic personnel and intelligence officers. In a Russian consulate, it is not easy to tell where the diplomatic personnel end and the intelligence officers begin.

12 Russian intelligence officers stationed at the United Nations in New York were also ordered to leave. “Here in New York, Russia uses the United Nations as a safe haven for dangerous activities within our own borders,” charged the Trump administration’s ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley.

This action was taken in response to the poisoning of former spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter in London with a military-grade nerve agent. The Kremlin was furious, insisting it had nothing to do with the Skripal hit despite a considerable amount of evidence against it. This is something to bear in mind when speculating about whether it would ever be possible to make the Russians admit to something far sketchier and more deniable, such as meddling in an election.

Cybersecurity: In December 2017, the Trump administration banned the use of software from Russian cybersecurity giant Kaspersky Labs, citing concerns about security exploits in the software and “ties between certain Kaspersky officials and Russian intelligence and other government agencies.” Kaspersky sued the Trump administration over the ban, but has made little progress in the courts so far; a motion for injunction filed by Kaspersky was denied in the U.S. Court of Appeals last weekend.

President Trump’s National Security Strategy made cybersecurity a top priority and named Russia one of the top threat vectors, in addition to repeatedly citing Russia as a major military and economic security concern.

The administration has also worked with state governments to protect election infrastructure, crucial for preventing actual “election hacking,” a term often confused with influence operations designed to “meddle” in elections by confusing voters. Unsurprisingly, not everyone was completely satisfied with the administration’s efforts at a meeting with lawmakers in May, but even some Democrats critical of the administration admitted that election infrastructure is now in better shape than it was in 2016.

Enforcing arms control violations: The Trump administration punished Russian companies in December 2017 for helping the Kremlin develop a cruise missile that violated Cold War arms control treaties.

The administration brushed aside Russian complaints that some U.S. anti-missile technology also violates the treaties and said export controls slapped on the Russian companies were intended to “change the economic calculus” of the Putin government.

Weapons to Ukraine: The Trump administration approved the sale of $41.5 million in lethal weapons to Ukraine in December 2017, taking a step to defend Ukraine from Russian aggression that the Obama administration refused to take after Congress authorized such sales in the 2014 Ukraine Freedom Support Act.

The decision was reportedly made personally by President Trump after consulting with Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis and then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. Trump did this even though he was well aware his supporters were worried about the U.S. getting drawn into an escalating Ukraine conflict, and that Russia would be strongly displeased by the weapons sales.

Enforcing the “red line” in Syria: President Trump ordered missile strikes against Russia’s ally Syria in response to the use of chemical weapons by dictator Bashar Assad. Trump directly called out Russia for supporting the Assad regime and taunted the Russian military for its inability to protect the “gas killing animal” in Damascus from American weapons.

When Russian military contractors aided Syrian forces in a February attack on a position held by Kurdish and Arab forces with a small number of American special forces, the Americans utterly annihilated the Russian unit while taking no casualties themselves. The exact number of Russians killed is a matter of dispute, as is their precise identity, but they are believed to have come from a mercenary unit employed by the Kremlin for plausibly deniable operations.

Trump approved pre-summit indictments: Here is a surprise entry for the list. When the Justice Department announced the indictment of 12 Russians on charges of election meddling just before his summit with Putin, it was widely assumed by the president’s critics that DOJ timed the indictments to rebuke and embarrass Trump.

Instead, it was reported on Tuesday that President Trump made the choice to announce the indictments only 72 hours before the summit, believing it might “strengthen his hand in the talks” with Putin, as sources put it.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein had previously disclosed Trump was briefed on the indictments but did not indicate Trump made the decision to announce them before the summit. Trump himself disingenuously claimed last weekend that he “hadn’t thought” about discussing the indictments with Putin until that very moment.

It should be noted that all of the above actions have critics who think stronger measures could have been taken, and it would be hard to argue that the Trump administration’s messaging has been chaotic at times, making it harder for the White House to press the notion that it has been extraordinarily tough on Russia. What Trump says about Russia publicly can be hard to follow sometimes, but what it actually is doing sends a much clearer message.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 07-19-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    I think waaaaaaaaaaaay (multiple "a's" just for you JAB) too much is being made out of what is publicly being said about Putin/Russia.
    so for clarification, you dont care if hes purposely misleading us? you dont care if behind doors hes fighting these same actions or even publicly criticizing them afterwards? seems like hes trying to play both sides, taking credit while also washing his hands from them, depending on what the day calls for. I admit Hes been good at that from the beginning (playing the room).

where does his opinion matter? It appears youre ok with his opinions opposing these things as long as he signs off on what congress wants to do. isnt that kind of counter to fighting the deep-state?
    -JAB

so for clarification, you dont care if hes purposely misleading us? you dont care if behind doors hes fighting these same actions or even publicly criticizing them afterwards? seems like hes trying to play both sides, taking credit while also washing his hands from them, depending on what the day calls for. I admit Hes been good at that from the beginning (playing the room).
    If we're dealing with Russia behind the scenes (sanctions, arming Ukraine, bombing the shit out of Syria, etc) but Trump is playing nice with Putin in front of the press...who cares? That's what world leaders have been doing for centuries. You call it "misleading" as if he's the first POTUS to do this. Again, what would you have him do? Put Putin in a headlock and give him the rock-bottom in front of the camera's?

If he did that but did nothing behind the scenes...would that be better according to JAB?

where does his opinion matter? It appears youre ok with his opinions opposing these things as long as he signs off on what congress wants to do. isnt that kind of counter to fighting the deep-state?
    Your interpretation of the deep state and mine are probably different. "Deep State" = corruption (HRC, Obama, Strzok, Page, Brennan, Comey, Clapper, etc). There is nothing corrupt about taking action behind the scenes when it might conflict with what you present to the press. Again, that's "selling" and not showing your cards in public so JAB can have full understanding of what's happening. Bill Belichick does the same thing. Its smart.