Anyone have any tips on attending training camp at the castle?

i have a pass for training camp at the castle but have never been to the castle. i'm driving from the eastern shore. any tips on what to do and not to do to have a good experience at training camp from those who have attended in the past?

Re: Anyone have any tips on attending training camp at the castle?

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    i have a pass for training camp at the castle but have never been to the castle. i'm driving from the eastern shore. any tips on what to do and not to do to have a good experience at training camp from those who have attended in the past?
    I have gone twice before. I believe this will be the 1st time you can park there. Usually they would bus you over. Depending on the weather it gets pretty hot. They had water there and popsicles. Some stands are covered. There are several fields so you choose what you want to watch. I'm going on the 23rd.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    I have gone twice before. I believe this will be the 1st time you can park there. Usually they would bus you over. Depending on the weather it gets pretty hot. They had water there and popsicles. Some stands are covered. There are several fields so you choose what you want to watch. I'm going on the 23rd.
    Me too.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    Been to the castle twice. I think I was 7 years old both times. Once for a tour my family some how got, and another for when they used to do Ravens Rookie Camps for kids. I'm 19 now and haven't been since. Will be going to camp on the 31st. Think it's a Tuesday. My advice is get there early and enjoy it. Camp is so unique, and offers so much that no other event during the season does.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Me too.
    I will be there, too. Hope to catch up with you.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    I will be there, too. Hope to catch up with you.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I've gone every year at Owings Mills. Three bits of advice:

1) find shade! I've never attended a cool day at training camp (including Westminster)

2) Don't try for adult autographs. Not going to happen

3) if your kids play it cool, they may be able to get personal attention from players. e.g. at 2012 camp, my two grand kids aged 10 watched the Ravens security guard turn his back, snuck in behind him to the fence rail, and Ed Reed spotted them engaged in player/kids chit-chat, and wound up tossing his gloves to them.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).