Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: First Ballot Hall of Famer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I think you left out LaDanian Tomlinson, Brian Urlacher, Jason Taylor, Brett Favre, Junior Seau, Derrick Brooks, Walter Jones, Larry Allen, Jonathan Ogden, Warren Sapp, Marshall Faulk, and Deion Sanders. That's all the first ballot guys induced from 2011 to now.

Ed Reed and Tony Gonzalez are up next year, also would be likely first ballot guys. Obviously Brady once he gets eligible. I think Larry Fitzgerald and Adrian Peterson are also strong contenders whenever they decide to hang it up. I think guys like Revis, Jason Witten, and Champ Bailey aren't first ballot because they didn't have the same "flash", especially in their later years (even if they deserve to be).
    urlacher doesnt deserve first ballot this is a disgrace to the HOF

I think you left out LaDanian Tomlinson, Brian Urlacher, Jason Taylor, Brett Favre, Junior Seau, Derrick Brooks, Walter Jones, Larry Allen, Jonathan Ogden, Warren Sapp, Marshall Faulk, and Deion Sanders. That's all the first ballot guys induced from 2011 to now.

Ed Reed and Tony Gonzalez are up next year, also would be likely first ballot guys. Obviously Brady once he gets eligible. I think Larry Fitzgerald and Adrian Peterson are also strong contenders whenever they decide to hang it up. I think guys like Revis, Jason Witten, and Champ Bailey aren't first ballot because they didn't have the same "flash", especially in their later years (even if they deserve to be).
    Reed, tony, larry, and Peterson should be shoe-ins for first ballot.

I think TO is mentally ill.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Terrell Owen's is not mentally I'll because he is pissed at the hall. I think he's hurting himself by not being there with his peers.

That said, Owen's made it om the third ballot? that's ridiculous. the HOF gates being guarded by writers that hold petty grudges like the nonsense with Art Modell is the real problem. Owen's is actually right here.

If he was second ballot, maybe I'd be with some of you. that would just mean there was a logjam or something on first ballot.

but third ballot? its pretty and they were trying to teach a grown man and one of the best receivers we've ever seen a lesson, trying to humble him. it's a garbage move.

the hall now saying they wont mention him, it's just more evidence of the problem. the hall and the writers are being petty. it's a shame Owen's isnt using the moment to rise above, but he also is who he is.

we also dont know what his speech at Chattanooga will be. what if he mentioned art modell not in, and Jerry Jones being in, and other HOF mistakes, would that change anyone's mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post
    Legitimate first ballot Hall of Famers in the modern era to complement this thread:
    1. Ray Lewis
    2. Peyton Manning
    3. Randy Moss

I do not follow the Hall of Fame very much any more because only the best of the best should be there. Hailing from the state of Ohio, we used to go there a lot as a kid. It has gotten too much commercialized as of late. I tend to be more traditional, aristocratic, or elite when qualifying a player for the HOF. ...I can be persuaded by stats to even included more.
    Agree with your premise. Should only be the best of the best. Shouldnt be cemented in stone that 5 people a year go in.

All a money racket.

But there is a couple more id add to your list

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Re: First Ballot Hall of Famer.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Terrell Owen's is not mentally I'll because he is pissed at the hall. I think he's hurting himself by not being there with his peers.

That said, Owen's made it om the third ballot? that's ridiculous. the HOF gates being guarded by writers that hold petty grudges like the nonsense with Art Modell is the real problem. Owen's is actually right here.

If he was second ballot, maybe I'd be with some of you. that would just mean there was a logjam or something on first ballot.

but third ballot? its pretty and they were trying to teach a grown man and one of the best receivers we've ever seen a lesson, trying to humble him. it's a garbage move.

the hall now saying they wont mention him, it's just more evidence of the problem. the hall and the writers are being petty. it's a shame Owen's isnt using the moment to rise above, but he also is who he is.

we also dont know what his speech at Chattanooga will be. what if he mentioned art modell not in, and Jerry Jones being in, and other HOF mistakes, would that change anyone's mind?
    CBD, let's all remember that this isn't a life-or-death situation. Pete Rose isn't in the MLB HOF due to his behavior (I don't have to go into that), yet was one of the best players to ever play pro baseball. So what if T.O. got in on the 3rd ballot? He can get angry, and not show up at the ceremony, if that's what moves him... or IMO he can show some post-career class and stand-up with his honored peers, make a distinguished speech, then perhaps people would see him in a more positive light. IMO he's only hurting himself... Bc

No Calvin ?
    He's in the next cluster. Had he played 2-3 more seasons, he would be on, and Andre off.
    I also realize that I may be the only person outside of Ohio that has OchoCinco on such a list
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 07-15-2018 at 08:52 AM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So, I take it you're putting a good portion of Harrison's success on Manning? Just asking.
    That was about it Ex.
    He and Ocho are grouped with the best runners IMO, but Manning >>> Palmer, et al.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post

I didn’t say he was mentally ill because of the HOF. I said I think he’s mentally ill. Period.

As for his 3rd ballot selection, well you know, maybe character should count. I’m pretty sure that played into the voting.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

I would love to know what was wrong with Terrell Owens character... off the field he never got in trouble. In terms of the writers, he always cooperated with the media and put on a show on and off the field, kept us entertained and gave us something to talk about even now. As far as the locker room cancer bit goes, I think that's a lot more about coaches than it is the Players he played with. But even then, if we were talking on the field his play far outweighed any on-field character nonsense. All the teams he was on we're generally winners, and parsley because of his play. Again third ballot is just nonsense it shows why the hall is a joke at points. Jerry Jones in and art Modell's not? I'll say it again, Owens has a point it's just a shame he can't Rise Above in the moment. But he is who he is and that is also what made him a great player, always a chip on his shoulder

No Calvin ?
    I'm one of the younger guys on the board but I honestly think Calvin is the goat with moss as a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    1. Jerry Rice
    2. Don Hutson
    3. Lance Alworth
    4. Paul Warfield
    5. Randy Moss
    I understand lance alworth and don Hudson put in work back in their day but there's no way they're better than Calvin moss and T.O.