Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: First Ballot Hall of Famer.

I'm not convinced that statistics are the criterion for the Hall of Fame. What about impact on the game, leadership and yes did you make your TEAM better and uplift the play of your team mates. T.O. fails.

Blog Entries

It took Owens a couple of years just to catch the damn ball. When he caught that pass against Green Bay in the playoffs, I was shocked.

Moss came in as a rookie and made the Vikings a 15-1 team, breaking all kinds of records. They have very comparable numbers, but Moss accomplished them in two fewer seasons. Moss had some immaturity issues at one point, but he was not a bad teammate. "I play when I wanna play", is one of the most misinterpreted quotes in sports history.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It took Owens a couple of years just to catch the damn ball. When he caught that pass against Green Bay in the playoffs, I was shocked.

Moss came in as a rookie and made the Vikings a 15-1 team, breaking all kinds of records. They have very comparable numbers, but Moss accomplished them in two fewer seasons. Moss had some immaturity issues at one point, but he was not a bad teammate. "I play when I wanna play", is one of the most misinterpreted quotes in sports history.
    100%. TO had a rep of being flashy as hell, but also very unreliable. Hence his on-field reaction and feelings that catch. He was waaaay more relieved than excited.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 07-14-2018 at 02:37 PM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Since the mid-90s, the best 7 I've ever seen (alpha order):

Carter
    Fitz
    Johnson, Andre
    Moss
    OchoCinco (routes, routes, routes...and oh yeah, routes)
    Rice
    SSR
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

it's especially tough for WR as the league continues to evolve and records fall

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    100%. TO had a rep of being flashy as hell, but also very unreliable. Hence his on-field reaction and feelings that catch. He was waaaay more relieved than excited.
    Somewhere Jim Ross was commentating, saying, "And he's crying for God's sake!".
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Since the mid-90s, the best 7 I've ever seen (alpha order):

Carter
    Fitz
    Johnson, Andre
    Moss
    OchoCinco (routes, routes, routes...and oh yeah, routes)
    Rice
    SSR
    So, I take it you're putting a good portion of Harrison's success on Manning? Just asking.

How should that quote be interpreted? It's pretty straightforward lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    How should that quote be interpreted? It's pretty straightforward lol
    The question was whether or not the presence of Chris Carter motivates him to play. Moss was explaining that he's self motivated. That he plays when he wants to play. That he doesn't need the presence of anyone else to be motivated to play.

The question was whether or not the presence of Chris Carter motivates him to play. Moss was explaining that he's self motivated. That he plays when he wants to play. That he doesn't need the presence of anyone else to be motivated to play.
    He definitely has shown with his actions that he will quit though. He quit on the Raiders.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    He definitely has shown with his actions that he will quit though. He quit on the Raiders.
    You try walking through a gas chamber and see if you have the energy to go all out.