Pre-Season Tickets - Special Olympics

Mods - If you can sticky this, I would appreciate it.

Many of you already know that each year, I receive and distribute donated tickets for pre-season games (and last year, regular season games) so that Special Olympics athletes (and a chaperone) can attend pre-season games for free. I am doing it again this year. I completely understand that these tickets are expensive (I have season tickets myself), so any donations are extremely appreciated.

If you are willing to donate tickets to a pre-season game, please email me at fdgrau @ yahoo . com. Also, please provide me with your mailing address so I can send you a receipt. Since all donations now need to be done electronically, here are instructions on how to do so:

1. Access baltimoreravens.com via the internet (or open your Ravens app on your phone)
    2. Click the 'Account Manager' link (next to 'Tickets').
    3. Enter your email address and password to logon to your account (if you are not already logged on).
    4. Click the 'Ravens vs. Rams' or 'Ravens vs. Redskins' picture to select the game to donate.
    5. Click the '-> SEND' button.
    6. Select the seats to donate and click the 'SEND' button.
    7. In the 'Recipient Details' section, enter 'Fred' in 'First Name', 'Grau' in 'Last Name', 'fdgrau@yahoo.com' in 'Email Address'. Then click the 'SEND' button.
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Re: Pre-Season Tickets - Special Olympics

FYI, I just received my first donation of tickets. The baltimoreravens.com site provides NO way to print these tickets. When I contacted the Ravens, they replied and told me that they will print the tickets themselves and send them to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FredGrau View Post
    FYI, I just received my first donation of tickets. The baltimoreravens.com site provides NO way to print these tickets. When I contacted the Ravens, they replied and told me that they will print the tickets themselves and send them to me.
    I told you this would be a problem for you the way they had it set up.
    So is there a cut off day/time prior to game day/time where you won't be able to get the tickets to use them?

I.E.- I'm assuming last minute donations such as what's taken place in the past won't work now?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

All they have to do is to allow the printing of tickets from their web site - just like last year. I will have to email someone from the Ravens (including last-minute donations), they will print the tickets themselves, and the recipients will have to get them from will call.

I am reading between the lines and I highly suspect that the Ravens/NFL want to control and profit from any re-sales. Not providing any way to print tickets will only make things much worse on game-day.

Quote Originally Posted by FredGrau View Post
    All they have to do is to allow the printing of tickets from their web site - just like last year. I will have to email someone from the Ravens (including last-minute donations), they will print the tickets themselves, and the recipients will have to get them from will call.

I am reading between the lines and I highly suspect that the Ravens/NFL want to control and profit from any re-sales. Not providing any way to print tickets will only make things much worse on game-day.
    I doubt it has anything to do with wanting to profit from resales but everything to do with going all digital and paperless. Season ticket holders can transfer tickets digitally now using the smartphone option.

I was told someone from the Ravens that the reason why you can no longer print tickets is because too many people counterfeited paper tickets.

Bump...

I want to personally thank everyone who donated tickets - the response this year was awesome. FYI, I received donations for 90 tickets for game 1 and 84 tickets for game 2. I know tickets are not cheap, so your donations are not taken for granted.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Mods - You can in-sticky this anytime.

Any chance it's not too late to do ate tonight's tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Calvert View Post
    Any chance it's not too late to do ate tonight's tickets?
    If you can donate, please donate them now (email - fdgrau@yahoo.com) - thanks!