Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How much of a leash does Flacco get this year?

Basically the question I have is how many games does Flacco have if he plays poorly and how well does he have to play to keep his spot next year?

Personally I think if he struggles the first 5-7 games like the last couple of seasons they'll replace him. Harbs this year is in desperation mode to keep his job. I could also see them playing someone else near the end LJ? RGIII? Just to see what we have if were are out of it.

For me I think he probably needs to have a 90ish qb rating to keep his job and the Ravens have to make the playoffs next year.

Re: How much of a leash does Flacco get this year?

Flacco can one of the worst QBs in the league like last year and the Ravens still won nine games. They have a top 5 defense and special teams, that wins a lot of games.

If they are evaluating Flacco on his play then he should be cut already. If they are evaluating him on wins then he'll do as well as the defense and special teams carry him.

How special....a new thread dedicated to bashing Joe Flacco.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Make the playoffs and maybe win one game and Joe’s back next year safely.
    Look at it from a money stand point. To cut Joe after 18 saves like 10 mil. To cut Joe after 19 saves lie 16mil. Still have Lamar on the rookie deal for 3 more yrs and he should have the offense down 100% by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk of cutting Flacco is absurd.

Cap savings? What do you think it would cost to bring in a quality QB to replace him, on top of the dead money?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

Cap savings? What do you think it would cost to bring in a quality QB to replace him, on top of the dead money?
    Stop using your logic

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Stop using your logic

At least your only using finances to defend Flacco and not his play
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

To be fair, our best years have been when we weren't paying top dollar money to a QB.

LJ is not ready to start this year or next year and that's the only thing justifying keeping Joe and his abomination of a contract.

Blog Entries

His contract isn't an abomination.

I expect he'll be in a Ravens uniform this year and next. After that, it depends on how well LJ has progressed and how well Flacco has played combined with how far the team has made it in the postseason.

I hope both Flacco and LJ make the decision after '19 a hard one for the front office. That's a good problem to have.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Imo only an injury will take flacco of the field this year and next. Jackson isn't ready. Flacco unleashed

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    How special....a new thread dedicated to bashing Joe Flacco.
    And it wasn’t by me I learned my lesson LOL

I think Flacco is fine for this year as long as the Ravens are in contention. We always talk about Flacco's play after winning the Superbowl, but I think John Harbaugh got too comfortable after Superbowl 47. To be 100% honest, I think Steve Biscotti got too comfortable after Superbowl 47 too. Both Steve and John have chosen to err on the side of stability since 2013, and I don't think that changes as long as the Ravens have a shot.

Short of a Superbowl appearance, I'm not sure how much Flacco's play will impact 2019 decisions. I think the following factors will impact Flacco in 2019 more than his play on the field:

The Head Coach- There's no guarantee that Harbaugh is here next year. If the team doesn't do well a new coach may or may not be interested in Flacco.

Free Agents- One of the benefits of having a rookie QB is that it allows you to build a better team. Joe Flacco may be a better QB option than Jackson in 2019, but would you start Lamar Jackson if it meant you could sign a top notch player like Khalil Mack or OBJ?

Lamar Jackson - I think Lamar Jackson's readiness will impact the decision more than Flacco's play. Again, it's Lamar Jackson on a rookie salary vs. Flacco with a big number. If you can get similar production at 1/5 of the price then you roll the dice with Lamar.

Trade Market - When Teddy Bridgewater went down the Vikings traded a 1st and a 4th for Sam Bradford. If a team offers DeCosta a first for Flacco then I think DeCosta pulls the trigger.

I have to admit that I'm more interested in this season than I have been in quite some time. If we win then it's a good year. If we lose then you get to see young guys come out and play a bigger role. Either way, I think this year will be interesting.