Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Friday July 20 - D-Day for Perriman

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    You bring him into the office. Give him a contract without the 650k as a bonus. Make the 53 and get paid or you are released. Plain and simple. His choice. Team risks nothing. Saves 650k if he goes. Sends a message to everyone else that you produce or you are gone. First round pick does not save you.

He not the first, first round pick which did not work out. Anyone remember Ryan Leaf? That was a true bust. If he, Perriman, makes the 53 then it’s on merit not to keep from admitting you missed on a first round pick, again. Our first round picks have been average at best. Undrafted free agents have been great.
    No need to go back as far as Ryan Leaf. Look no further than Perriman's own 1st round WR classmates that year. They all sucked, with the exception of Amari Cooper. It's hard to believe Kevin White has actually had a worse career than Perriman and that both their pro careers have never really launched. The Ravens will probably hold on to him for insurance to get through camp. It's already sunk cost anyway, so might as well give him his last stand. Maybe after the HOF game, they can just swap him for White? The Bears still owe us a completed trade anyway. This way, they both get the "fresh start" they need.

I’m just here to see the boards blow up when perriman cashes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    I’m just here to see the boards blow up when perriman cashes in.
    And I'm Jimmy Hoffa

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    No need to go back as far as Ryan Leaf. Look no further than Perriman's own 1st round WR classmates that year. They all sucked, with the exception of Amari Cooper. It's hard to believe Kevin White has actually had a worse career than Perriman and that both their pro careers have never really launched. The Ravens will probably hold on to him for insurance to get through camp. It's already sunk cost anyway, so might as well give him his last stand. Maybe after the HOF game, they can just swap him for White? The Bears still owe us a completed trade anyway. This way, they both get the "fresh start" they need.
    His signing bonus money is a sunk cost, but that doesn't mean you add more sunk cost to it with the roster bonus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    And I'm Jimmy Hoffa

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Yeah, and usmccharles was hiding under the Metrodome all this time.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I'd set it out 2 ways...

1. From a production standpoint there is little justification to pay the bonus as part of 2018 compensation
    2. Much more importantly, from the standpoint of option value (defined as years remaining after 2018 on rookie contract), he has none. The Ravens have declined his 2019 5th-year option and must now pay market value for his services after 2018.

As strange as it seems, the only way I see Perriman getting paid that day-3 camp bonus is as part of a contract extension that would keep him here in 2019. Perhaps another year at $1-1.5M would make it a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    I'd set it out 2 ways...

1. From a production standpoint there is little justification to pay the bonus as part of 2018 compensation
    2. Much more importantly, from the standpoint of option value (defined as years remaining after 2018 on rookie contract), he has none. The Ravens have declined his 2019 5th-year option and must now pay market value for his services after 2018.

As strange as it seems, the only way I see Perriman getting paid that day-3 camp bonus is as part of a contract extension that would keep him here in 2019. Perhaps another year at $1-1.5M would make it a possibility.
    And I'd be insanely shocked if this were to happen. Time to admit he's a bust and move on. To me, it seemed fairly obvious they were done with him when they inactivated him while we had Griff f'in Whalen playing. No sense in cutting him over OTAs but the time has come.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    I'd set it out 2 ways...

Yes, market value after 2018 :

... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    And I'd be insanely shocked if this were to happen. Time to admit he's a bust and move on. To me, it seemed fairly obvious they were done with him when they inactivated him while we had Griff f'in Whalen playing. No sense in cutting him over OTAs but the time has come.
    yes I keep going back to that as well. There were literally no healthy receivers and he was still inactive. They made their decision last year and have since stocked up on offense. I'd be mildly shocked to see them pay the bonus.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    yes I keep going back to that as well. There were literally no healthy receivers and he was still inactive. They made their decision last year and have since stocked up on offense. I'd be mildly shocked to see them pay the bonus.
    Yep. Made no sense to cut him leading up to this point just in case injuries hit and/or Perriman started to click. Since it seems drops still plagued him in OTAs, now is the time.

Then again, I still maintain that I wouldn't be shocked because the Ravens do have a hard time letting go sometimes. Let's hope it's an Arthur Brown situation where they just realize it's not going to work.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

If Perriman is being kept as an insurance policy, What happens if the insurance policy (Perriman) gets injured during camp? He's not really known for being a generally healthy guy. So you keep an expensive, injury prone guy as insurance against someone else being injured?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    If Perriman is being kept as an insurance policy,
    What the hell kind of insurance policy is that?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore