View Poll Results: Who is the #2 Raven going into the 2018/19 season?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • RB Alex Collins

3 18.75%
  • WR Michael Crabtree

0 0%
  • QB Joe Flacco

4 25.00%
  • DB Marlon Humphrey

4 25.00%
  • LB CJ Mosley

3 18.75%
  • DB Jimmy Smith

0 0%
  • OL Ronnie Stanley

0 0%
  • EDGE Terrell Suggs

2 12.50%
  • DL Brandon Williams

0 0%
  • OTHER

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ranking the Ravens 2018: #2

Here's the list so far...

1 - Justin Tucker, PK, #9

Marlon Humphrey replaces Tucker in the poll as he got one "other" vote.

Once again, voting ends in two days.

TBD

Re: Ranking the Ravens 2018: #2

I want to say Yanda, but I don't believe he'll be the dominating player that he was.

Alex Collins I believe is poised to have a big season.

Blog Entries

I also have to go Collins. This whole offense is based on the running game. With Yanda back and if Zeus jr. does what he's supposed to then you could have a great run blocking line. Collins had under 250 touches last year. I could see that up to 325 or 350 if they throw the ball to him more. I would not be surprised if they don't look at Ray Rice 2011 year and try to get Collins to similar numbers this year.

This focus on the running game is going to mean less attempts for Flacco. He led the league in passing attempts in 2016. He dropped to 11th in 2017 with a better running game. I could see him drop to around 20 in 2018. Last year the Saints got Brees down to 19 from 2 the year before. Even a great QB like Brees was significantly helped by having the running backs carry more of the offense. It sure looks like the Ravens are building this team to do the same

I put Mosley. He's a top 5 ILB in the league and the heart of the defense now.

By next year I think it'll be Humphrey.

We all forget Suggs had 11 sacks and 4 FF last year!?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I gotta roll with the Bama stud on this one. Humphrey has the IT.

Saying Humphrey is #2 on the team just seems way too premature to me. I like hte kid and I see a shutdown corner, but I think it's too early still.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I gotta roll with the Bama stud on this one. Humphrey has the IT.
    With all the recent draft misses, I've been finding it hard to trust draft picks and doubt their pedigree but Humphrey is different. He's special.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    We all forget Suggs had 11 sacks and 4 FF last year!?
    I voted Suggs, despite his age. His performance last season actually exceeded my expectations. He remains a force against both the pass and the run, and it's hard to put a price on his situational knowledge. I think he'll give everything he's got this year, as it could be his final one as a Raven.

Blog Entries

I'm going to give Joe Flacco my vote. He has better players around him, is fully healthy, and has a rookie looking over his shoulder. He has to step up this year, and I think he will.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Saying Humphrey is #2 on the team just seems way too premature to me. I like hte kid and I see a shutdown corner, but I think it's too early still.
    Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    With all the recent draft misses, I've been finding it hard to trust draft picks and doubt their pedigree but Humphrey is different. He's special.
    I've got to go with mmx on this. I voted Humphrey. I think he wins a starting CB spot and becomes our next #1 as Jimmy Smith ages... Bc

[QUOTE=WNCRavensFan;1477535]Here's the list so far...

1 - Justin Tucker, PK, #9

I may be late to the party. Was there a previous poll that anointed Tucker #1? I'm not sure what #1 refers to. Most valuable contributor? Most important? Most highly rated at his position?

I'm always in the minority on these questions, but I don't think Tucker is even close to #1 in importance/impact. He's on the field for just a handful of snaps. He was tied for seventh best at his position last year in terms of FG points and accuracy. The difference in kickers is exaggerated. Compared to the 22nd most accurate kicker in the league Tucker made two more FGs. He put up fewer points from FGs than Joe Flacco did with his arm in a crap year.

I used to get into this argument about Matt Stover too, and never understood the sentiment he belongs "on the Mt Rushmore" of Ravens.

I hear the argument that kicker should be deemed so much more important on a team with bad offenses. That's absurd. It doesn't mean the kicker is more valuable. It means the offense stinks.

If we're talking best at his position across the league I could argue Morgan Cox is #2.

If we're basing it on value, then I don't know how anyone but the QB is #1. The spread between the best, fifth best, tenth best QB, etc. is enormous, and the impact of even a mediocre QB compared to any other position is tremendous.

If the ranking is based on importance, The Flacco is even more so #1.

My point is that even an average Joe Flacco is far more important and more valuable to the team than the world's best field goal kicker.