Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Season Tickets Arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I think they missed an opportunity with the cards. All of them look the same. Whether you are a first-time PSL holder, a 16-year PSL holder like me, or an original 23-year PSL holder like Fanatic. You'd think they would make the cards gold for original PSLs, silver or something for 10-year+ holders etc.

The team still has a long way to go to understand marketing.
    Damn, that is a GREAT idea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Yard View Post
    Guess some still value the real deal as our group going to the HOF game and Enshrinement Ceremony got printed commemorative tickets.
    You already received your HOF ceremony packet?

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    People that don't have a smart phone should be able to print their tickets from their account, even if they have to email the tickets to themselves.
    So if you can still print your tickets (any validity here) than what's the point of throwing in all the hoopla about extra security and fraud prevention since one of their points was about multiple copies being printed and trying to prevent that type of thing?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Just logged into my Ravens account. I do not see an option for printing the tickets.

I go to a lot of music festivals, which all have seemed to go the route of a bracelet that you scan as you go in and out of the gates. You're usually able to associate a credit card to the chip, so when you buy food or beverages they scan the bracelet and have you scribble your signature with your finger on a tablet. Super convenient and speeds up the lines. Often the bracelet is part of a package that includes custom memorabilia for the event--posters, tee shirts, bandanas, hats, commemorative "tickets." Done well, seems like this could be preferable to sheets of tickets. Bracelets can be separate colors for season ticket holders vs. single games, and ten and twenty-year PSLers could certainly get special bracelets.

I will readily admit I'm that "Old Man Yells At Cloud" with this crap.

How do we know what the face value is for the tickets now?
    If I donate some tickets (which I have in the past) I would make a copy of my hard tickets that had the face value on them and attach that with the donation receipt to show proof of value on my taxes.

Is there something in the app on my account I can print out to show the value or am I just supposed to divide my season ticket bill by 10 like I did in the past which actually gave me a higher tax write off for the preseason tickets?

And how does this effect the math challenged crowd that made a major deal out of having to pay the same price for preseason tickets as regular season tickets if they only have a plastic card now?
    How the hell are they going to be appeased that they are paying a lower price for the preseason tickets now?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Just logged into my Ravens account. I do not see an option for printing the tickets.
    I couldn't find a way to do that either. Problem for me is I have four seats that I split with two other people. So another couple has two seats, then a friend of mine and I split the other two. Some games he gets both, some we go together, some I get both. Once or twice a year I keep all four. The couple with the two seats donate one of their preseason games to charity. I mean it's a clusterf*ck trying to figure out how to get everyone their correct tickets.

Only thing I have seen so far that seems to work is doing it through the Ravens app. I can send tickets to them that way I think. Now how THEY would go about selling tickets after that transfer I have no clue. If there's nothing to print out, what are they donating?

Normally I love the idea of electronic tickets on your phone, like movie tickets, plane tickets, etc. But when tickets from one account are split up in various ways with other people and sometimes re-sold after that it can turn into a confusing mess.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    I couldn't find a way to do that either. Problem for me is I have four seats that I split with two other people. So another couple has two seats, then a friend of mine and I split the other two. Some games he gets both, some we go together, some I get both. Once or twice a year I keep all four. The couple with the two seats donate one of their preseason games to charity. I mean it's a clusterf*ck trying to figure out how to get everyone their correct tickets.

Only thing I have seen so far that seems to work is doing it through the Ravens app. I can send tickets to them that way I think. Now how THEY would go about selling tickets after that transfer I have no clue. If there's nothing to print out, what are they donating?

Normally I love the idea of electronic tickets on your phone, like movie tickets, plane tickets, etc. But when tickets from one account are split up in various ways with other people and sometimes re-sold after that it can turn into a confusing mess.
    You can probably go into the account and send the tickets to the appropriate parties all at once. That way, everyone has their tickets ASAP and can access them in the Ravens app. Then, if they want to sell, they can do it via the app & Ticket Exchange, or just e-mail or text the link to the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    You can probably go into the account and send the tickets to the appropriate parties all at once. That way, everyone has their tickets ASAP and can access them in the Ravens app. Then, if they want to sell, they can do it via the app & Ticket Exchange, or just e-mail or text the link to the buyer.
    Yeah I agree the app seems like the easiest way to assign tickets from my account to other people. Problem with assigning all at once is we may exchange seats for whatever reason during the season. Might be easiest for me to just assign the week of the game.

So you are saying once I have assigned a ticket to someone THEY can sell it themselves on the ticket exchange even though the account is not in their name?

For the tickets they donate - they actually auction them off, then donate the proceeds to charity. So they need something printed out to give to the winners I would think. The winners may not have the app and may not even be Ravens fans. I guess we will just see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Yeah I agree the app seems like the easiest way to assign tickets from my account to other people. Problem with assigning all at once is we may exchange seats for whatever reason during the season. Might be easiest for me to just assign the week of the game.

So you are saying once I have assigned a ticket to someone THEY can sell it themselves on the ticket exchange even though the account is not in their name?

For the tickets they donate - they actually auction them off, then donate the proceeds to charity. So they need something printed out to give to the winners I would think. The winners may not have the app and may not even be Ravens fans. I guess we will just see how it goes.
    From what it looks like, you can "Send" it any amount of times. So, if you send it but decide to switch games, they can resend it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I will readily admit I'm that "Old Man Yells At Cloud" with this crap.

How do we know what the face value is for the tickets now?
    If I donate some tickets (which I have in the past) I would make a copy of my hard tickets that had the face value on them and attach that with the donation receipt to show proof of value on my taxes.

Is there something in the app on my account I can print out to show the value or am I just supposed to divide my season ticket bill by 10 like I did in the past which actually gave me a higher tax write off for the preseason tickets?

And how does this effect the math challenged crowd that made a major deal out of having to pay the same price for preseason tickets as regular season tickets if they only have a plastic card now?
    How the hell are they going to be appeased that they are paying a lower price for the preseason tickets now?
    You could always ask your sales rep for an itemized invoice.

The ticket prices are on the website where you can manage your tickets, either via computer or smartphone. To print them up, you'd have to email them to yourself and then print them from the email.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    By all means please post what you find out.
    Somebody like Fred Grau on here who collects donated preseason tickets every year to take Special Olympics folks might also suffer from this if he can't print out paper tickets once they've been donated.
    I actually don't have any issue with this. The last few years, most of the donated tickets have been sent to me electronically. When sent electronically, I logon to my account, print it to a .pdf file. I can then email these tickets (in .pdf form) to the athletes or their parents.

The only difference this year is I have to receive ALL tickets electronically. However, it might be more difficult for the donors to figure out the values of the donated tickets for tax purposes.
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County