Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Season Tickets Arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    This is insanity. I got my cards today and looked at the instructions and I'm still pissed. I donate my preseason tix to charity. No idea what to do now. I also have family that come in from various parts of the country to use seats when I'm on the road.

This is going to be one major headache.
    Email them or print them at home (email them to yourself).

I donate some of my preseason tickets to Fred and have emailed them for years. It is a lot easier than mailing or driving them to him. I have also sold them online and it is easy. It is easier than manual tickets.

I get all this stuff people are saying about the enhanced security and all of that.
    I also fully understand about how to transfer tickets via the website or how to use NFL ticketexchange to sell tickets as I've done both in the past.

Whether or not people will be willing to buy "digital tickets" with nothing in hand to show for their money remains to be seen.
    Not so sure trying to convince people on Carroll County On-line yard sales via facebook that I'm trustworthy enough to email them a ticket if they hand me their money in the Walmart parking lot.
    On ticketexchange there probably won't be an issue as not much has changed there other than I guess they have to show their ticket at the gate on their phone if they actually have a smart phone.
    I know Mista T doesn't have a smart phone. My brother doesn't as well as many other older folks I know don't.
    My wife doesn't own a cell phone period!!
    So how do these people go to a game without the plastic PSL card issued to the PSL holder without a smart phone?
    If Fred gets 20 tickets donated to him to take a slew of his crew to a game and these seats are all over the place (which they are) and they all don't come together (which they don't) how does he distribute these tickets so they can all get in and sit at their designated seats?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I get all this stuff people are saying about the enhanced security and all of that.
    I also fully understand about how to transfer tickets via the website or how to use NFL ticketexchange to sell tickets as I've done both in the past.

Whether or not people will be willing to buy "digital tickets" with nothing in hand to show for their money remains to be seen.
    Not so sure trying to convince people on Carroll County On-line yard sales via facebook that I'm trustworthy enough to email them a ticket if they hand me their money in the Walmart parking lot.
    On ticketexchange there probably won't be an issue as not much has changed there other than I guess they have to show their ticket at the gate on their phone if they actually have a smart phone.
    I know Mista T doesn't have a smart phone. My brother doesn't as well as many other older folks I know don't.
    So how do these people go to a game without the plastic PSL card issued to the PSL holder without a smart phone?
    If Fred gets 20 tickets donated to him to take a slew of his crew to a game and these seats are all over the place (which they are) and they all don't come together (which they don't) how does he distribute these tickets so they can all get in and sit at their designated seats?
    All very good questions. I'm sure the Ravens phone lines are burning up.

Digital tickets are not new. Most movie theaters have been using them for a few years now. The Hall of Fame ceremony and museum uses digital tickets (QR codes downloaded on a smart phone). As of 2017, well over 65% of the US population has a smart phone. When you take into account that young children tend not to have their own phone, you end up with the elderly (my 83 year old grandmother, for example) being the primary demographic without them.

Once the pilot program for the MD digital driver's license finishes and it expands state wide, I won't have a good reason to carry my wallet with me 90% of the time. Flight boarding passes, event tickets, all of it - paper is just not that useful anymore.

I think they missed an opportunity with the cards. All of them look the same. Whether you are a first-time PSL holder, a 16-year PSL holder like me, or an original 23-year PSL holder like Fanatic. You'd think they would make the cards gold for original PSLs, silver or something for 10-year+ holders etc.

The team still has a long way to go to understand marketing.
    Last edited by camdenyard; 07-12-2018 at 11:35 AM.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I think they missed an opportunity with the cards. All of them look the same. Whether you are a first-time PSL holder, a 16-year PSL holder like me, or an original 23-year PSL holder like Fanatic. You'd think they would make the cards gold for original PSLs, silver or something for 10-year+ holders etc.

The team still has a long way to go to understand marketing.
    Or, and maybe this is just the crazy talking, they have different designs for the different seating areas (upper deck, lower bowl, club, and suite), and that adding a tiered system within each based on years of ownership of the license is not worth the cost of designing and printing the RFID badges? The ticket page of the Ravens site would seem to indicate there is a difference in the design between "regular" seating and club level (club lettering is in gold). Meaning that a quick look at a plastic PSL ticket can tell a stadium employee right off the bat if you are anywhere near your correct seat. As opposed to trying to translate between dozens of different versions.

On top of that, what is it that you would like them to do by adding that information to your physical card? Bragging rights? You're going to do that anyway. It's certainly not going to be discounted food or drink. And if they're doing game day guest relations right, it won't make a difference to how stadium employees treat you.

Just because it isn't what you would have designed doesn't mean they don't understand marketing. It means they aren't marketing only to you.

Now, if they're really smart about fan marketing and sales, they'll offer (for a nominal fee - say $20 give or take?) commemorative ticket sheets at the end of the season. Throw in a highlight video package (either download or Blu-Ray/DVD) for the trouble. Instant revenue stream.

No, it means they don't understand or appreciate loyalty. Loyalty is a very big thing in the marketing business today. I work for a marketing agency so I know the trends. But thanks anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    Or, and maybe this is just the crazy talking, they have different designs for the different seating areas (upper deck, lower bowl, club, and suite), and that adding a tiered system within each based on years of ownership of the license is not worth the cost of designing and printing the RFID badges? The ticket page of the Ravens site would seem to indicate there is a difference in the design between "regular" seating and club level (club lettering is in gold). Meaning that a quick look at a plastic PSL ticket can tell a stadium employee right off the bat if you are anywhere near your correct seat. As opposed to trying to translate between dozens of different versions.

On top of that, what is it that you would like them to do by adding that information to your physical card? Bragging rights? You're going to do that anyway. It's certainly not going to be discounted food or drink. And if they're doing game day guest relations right, it won't make a difference to how stadium employees treat you.

Just because it isn't what you would have designed doesn't mean they don't understand marketing. It means they aren't marketing only to you.
    Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    Digital tickets are not new. Most movie theaters have been using them for a few years now. The Hall of Fame ceremony and museum uses digital tickets (QR codes downloaded on a smart phone).
    Guess some still value the real deal as our group going to the HOF game and Enshrinement Ceremony got printed commemorative tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post

People that don't have a smart phone should be able to print their tickets from their account, even if they have to email the tickets to themselves.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    You're telling me that nobody here, prior to this season, went online in their Ravens account and forwarded their tickets to someone else via e-mail? I did it when I donated my tickets to Fred for the Special Olympics.
    Yep and its a pain when I have a group of tickets and have to access 4 accounts to do so

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Yard View Post
    Guess some still value the real deal as our group going to the HOF game and Enshrinement Ceremony got printed commemorative tickets.
    I'm not going to hang the ticket on my wall. I will, however, be getting some kind of framed memorabilia to hang with my signed JO photo, my panoramic Ozzie-signature bearing photo of M&T, and several other Super Bowl aerial shots.

The physical ticket just doesn't hold my interest. A Super Bowl ticket, however, would, but only if I was actually there.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    No, it means they don't understand or appreciate loyalty. Loyalty is a very big thing in the marketing business today. I work for a marketing agency so I know the trends. But thanks anyway.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    So not getting a status symbol/bragging rights means they don't understand and appreciate loyalty? The cards would do the same exact thing regardless of color. You wouldn't be getting extra benefits because you have a gold card.