Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Season Tickets Arrive?

Caps have done this for a few years - scan card and a paper prints out with your seat location or your card will have the location.

Does anyone have a parking pass? Hopefully they are still paper.

Tickets can be donated in your ticket account just like forwarding a ticket.

From my understanding this is the result of a deal between NFL and Ticketmaster in order to have better fan communication. With paper tickets they don't know who is in the seat so they can't create the best experience and relationship with the fans who attend the games.

This was a mandate by the NFL and is being implemented in every stadium. There is an article on it Here

This is most certainly not an agreement between TM and the NFL to force profit from the secondary market into TM and the NFL's hands.

There's gotta be a way to print out paper tickets. My son lives out of state and he usually sells most except for when he comes to town.

I just donated the Rams game to a raffle and need something to give to the little girl who won.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    There's gotta be a way to print out paper tickets. My son lives out of state and he usually sells most except for when he comes to town.

I just donated the Rams game to a raffle and need something to give to the little girl who won.
    By all means please post what you find out.
    Somebody like Fred Grau on here who collects donated preseason tickets every year to take Special Olympics folks might also suffer from this if he can't print out paper tickets once they've been donated.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    By all means please post what you find out.
    Somebody like Fred Grau on here who collects donated preseason tickets every year to take Special Olympics folks might also suffer from this if he can't print out paper tickets once they've been donated.
    Yep this sucks.....I have two tix, my sis 1, uncle 1,and Dad 2,so now if we need to sell a game it’s a lot more BS then them just giving me their tickets......I also agree this will make entry much worse....Gate D is a major disaster at 12:20 already.....

Anyway go to Baltimore Ravens.com/tickets and they have instructions and a video

This is insanity. I got my cards today and looked at the instructions and I'm still pissed. I donate my preseason tix to charity. No idea what to do now. I also have family that come in from various parts of the country to use seats when I'm on the road.

This is going to be one major headache.

wonder what the deal is when someone loses their card? which is like losing all of your tickets......

You're telling me that nobody here, prior to this season, went online in their Ravens account and forwarded their tickets to someone else via e-mail? I did it when I donated my tickets to Fred for the Special Olympics.

I was somewhat miffed when I found out that a recent concert I went to was mobile only. I do like saving stubs as a souvenir. When got the concert, the usher scanned the ticket from my phone and it generated a stub for the concert. Now, I'm not sure that will be what the Ravens do, but that is one thing I'd like to find out.

I also had two tickets available for the aforementioned concert. I put them on StubHub and sold them. All I had to do was e-mail the guy the tickets. The e-mail had the link that he used to get in. It's really not that hard of a process.

Trust me, I get that this is mostly driven by TicketMasters desire to get a piece of the after market sale pie. But, this does help eliminate fake tickets, prevents the "oh shit, I left my tickets home" issue and makes it tougher for them to be lost.

From the article linked above:

Ticketmaster’s system, Presence, will be installed at every NFL venue for the upcoming season and will be used for both games and any shows or concerts that take place within those venues. Presence operates on NFC (near-field communication, think Apple Pay tap-and-go) or RFID (think credit cards) technology, so it doesn’t necessarily require wifi or access to the internet via cellular service. There is also a “paper” option for users concerned they may run into those all-encompassing “phone issues.”

“We actually did build a paper instrument that we call a Ticketmaster ‘Smart Ticket,'” said Burleigh. “It’s about the size of a business card but it doesn’t have a barcode on it. It has an RFID chip in it. You have the same kind of tap-and-go experience you would have with your phone, like Apple Pay, but with a piece of paper instead.”

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTTRACK View Post
    wonder what the deal is when someone loses their card? which is like losing all of your tickets......
    Going to be lots of issues with that. Too easy to snatch or lose that ticket tag hanging off that lanyard.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    This is like such bullshit!!
    I try and sell some of my tickets (primarily the preseason ones) on Facebook sale groups locally.
    How the hell am I suppose to do that now?
    Nobody that is interested in potentially buying tickets wants to put their trust into me that I'm going to transfer the tickets to them once they hand me cash.
    Suppose you want to sell them on Craigslist?

If you sell them via their link (essentially ticket exchange) a service charge is attached increasing the price.
    You can go to your account online and transfer the tickets and have them emailed to the buyer.

You don't need a smartphone to get in, you can use the ID cards as your tickets as well.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTTRACK View Post
    You call the Ravens, they de-activate the lost card and get you another one or do something else so you can get in. It isn't much different than losing your actual tickets.