Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Season Tickets Arrive?

Looks like one of the Season Ticket holder perks- the printed tickets are gone. Got a box today containing hard cards and lanyards for each seat we have and instructions on how to use/transfer them electronically. Anybody else? Will make it tough distributing the seats for each game..

The New "Season Tickets" have arrived

and I'm not a happy camper!!
    WTF are they doing?

No longer do you receive a packet of hard paper tickets.
    Instead I got this real fancy box with two plastic ID cards and lanyards that I some how have to scan this shit into my phone and present the "electronic ticket at the gate.
    I say again....WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING???

Suppose I don't own a smart phone or am electronically and mobile device challenged?

If I want to sell my tickets it's a whole major to do with transferring them to whoever I sell them to for them to be able to receive them and electronically use them.
    That person no longer gets the hard ticket as a memento.

Not sure what the hell I'm suppose to do if I want to donate them to charity.

Are other teams doing this shit this way??
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Re: Season Tickets Arrive?

Smh.....great.....
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

So dumb. Don't really care about impact on selling as I don't sell mine, but I like to frame the ticket stubs after each season as they are usually very nicely done and have done so since we got season tix back in '03. We pay thousands for season tix and they can't print out actual tickets? GTFO.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

EXACTLY.. enjoyed gathering the tickets- as did those that attend, but guess no longer. Looks like they're following the path of other teams that use the electronic option(s), and not sure we can even print a hard copy from the site. Who comes up with these things and do they even give a thought to the fans?

I find it interesting that there was no previous mention of this, at least not that I can recall. I guess they figured they'd just slip this on through and if they don't get too much negative reaction, they'll be happy.

This is like such bullshit!!
    I try and sell some of my tickets (primarily the preseason ones) on Facebook sale groups locally.
    How the hell am I suppose to do that now?
    Nobody that is interested in potentially buying tickets wants to put their trust into me that I'm going to transfer the tickets to them once they hand me cash.
    Suppose you want to sell them on Craigslist?

If you sell them via their link (essentially ticket exchange) a service charge is attached increasing the price.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I try and sell some of my tickets (primarily the preseason ones) on Facebook sale groups locally.
    Nobody that is interested in potentially buying tickets wants to put their trust into me that I'm going to transfer the tickets to them once they hand me cash.

If you sell them via their link (essentially ticket exchange) a service charge is attached increasing the price.
    Which is probably why they did it. Or at least one reason. This way you're forced to sell them via their controlled ticket exchange instead of on Craigslist or ebay, unless you and the buyer are willing to risk being defrauded. I suppose Stubhub and all those ticket sites will have some solution, but they take their cut as well. Just another way to get into our pockets. Now we'll only be able to sell them privately to people that we know, family and friends, etc.

Blog Entries

I'm sure this is the driver on this. Make it harder to resell, reduce opposing team's fans, make it so they (or the NFL) get a cut if you sell on the "safe" marketplace vs. CL or FB or out on the street.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I can't wait to see the mass confusion and clusterfuck at the gates with this bullshit.
    People fumbling around with their phones trying to get the tickets to pull up.
    Not downloading them correctly and not being able to get in.
    Ushers trying to check tickets.
    Kids running around with no tickets to show the usher when they come back in from the restroom because their parents have them in their phone.
    Who the fuck comes up with this shit??

I can't get rid of these PSLs fast enough!!!
    SMDFH
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I can't wait to see the mass confusion and clusterfuck at the gates with this bullshit.
    People fumbling around with their phones trying to get the tickets to pull up.
    Not downloading them correctly and not being able to get in.
    Ushers trying to check tickets.
    SMDFH
    Good news is expect the crowds will again be down (except for a few games), and fan disgust will increase with each player's call for strikes or salary increases and guarantees. Been there since the start (and collected tickets and programs each game), but the team's path (and League) since London hasn't helped us feel good about the future. The Ravens have always made an effort to make PSL holders feel like part of the team, yet they fumble little things like this and alienate that base.

I'm not a PSL holder, but for a team trying to increase attendance, this is most definitely NOT the way to get more people into the stadium.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr