Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Season Tickets Arrive?

its my understanding that this process was mandated by the NFL to start by 2019 and the ravens decided to start a year earlier. i almost threw my cards away before i read that the bar code on the cards are for the tickets.

I'm in the Fanatic camp "I will readily admit I'm that "Old Man Yells At Cloud" with this crap".

What a cluster-fuck!

I don't get the fascination with Smart-phones.

I have two: a flip-phone which fits easily into my watch posket or tee-shirt pocket, and a Pixel GL something-or-else wide screen model (for travel). They are necessary appliances for mobile communication, including GPS, hotels, cruises, traffic, weather, etc. But American businesses, including the Ravens, have gone too far in pushing the use of smartphones down our throats. No way do I want to lug my large phone to the stadium just to use it for entry.

I don't believe for a second that smartphones will be as quickly read by gate agents as paper ticket hard codes. I tried the smartphone boarding pass with Southwest a few years ago, resulting in nothing happening until the gate agent "swiped" it for me - the first and last time I wasted my time. Back to paper copies since. I have noticed subsequently that some other passengers using smartphones also get delayed at Southwest boarding gates. The technology just isn't there yet!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    What a cluster-fuck!

I have two: a flip-phone which fits easily into my watch posket or tee-shirt pocket, and a Pixel GL something-or-else wide screen model (for travel). They are necessary appliances for mobile communication, including GPS, hotels, cruises, traffic, weather, etc. But American businesses, including the Ravens, have gone too far in pushing the use of smartphones down our throats. No way do I want to lug my large phone to the stadium just to use it for entry.

I don't believe for a second that smartphones will be as quickly read by gate agents as paper ticket hard codes. I tried the smartphone boarding pass with Southwest a few years ago, resulting in nothing happening until the gate agent "swiped" it for me - the first and last time I wasted my time. Back to paper copies since. I have noticed subsequently that some other passengers using smartphones also get delayed at Southwest boarding gates. The technology just isn't there yet!
    You don't need to use your smartphone. You can use the two plastic cards just like you used your old paper tickets. You just reuse them for the entire season. The only real inconvenience is when you want to sell/give your tickets to someone else. You now have to email the tickets to them instead of just giving them the old paper tickets.

And I've used my phone to board at numerous Southwest flights, and for other airlines, with no issues.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

I'm an IT professional and I hate this digital ticket BS. Some things in life I really don't want to have to remember a username/password, learn to navigate a website and remember to charge my phone. Technology isn't the answer to everything. Just give me my old-fashioned ticket so I can use it or hand it to somebody.

[QUOTE=The Fanatic;1475312]You already received your HOF ceremony packet?
    Yes and no- received those we ordered from HOF and they're computer generated; Image of the commemorative tickets was posted on the group's social media when they received them

[QUOTE=Ngata Yard;1476711]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    You already received your HOF ceremony packet?
    Yes and no- received those we ordered from HOF and they're computer generated; Image of the commemorative tickets was posted on the group's social media when they received them
    I got a call from Fed Ex today saying ours were being delivered here tomorrow and that someone had to be home to sign for them.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    What a cluster-fuck!

A older relative has a basic "smart" phone only for calls and has the very minimum data storage. She tried to download the app for the digital tickets and couldn't get it to download because her basic phone didn't have enough space remaining for the data. Does that mean 1- she couldn't figure it out OR 2- she will need to fricken purchase a new phone to accommodate the app?!?!?
    Great... just great if it is the second answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    A older relative has a basic "smart" phone only for calls and has the very minimum data storage. She tried to download the app for the digital tickets and couldn't get it to download because her basic phone didn't have enough space remaining for the data. Does that mean 1- she couldn't figure it out OR 2- she will need to fricken purchase a new phone to accommodate the app?!?!?
    Great... just great if it is the second answer!
    It's more than likely #2 if this individual has a real basic smart phone.
    They don't come with alot of storage capacity and most of what it has is taken up with all the firmware and factory loaded bullshit.
    Add a few pictures and an app or two and you're over capacity.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

So I printed out my parking pass for camp and it didn't have any restrictions listed. Then I went to the Ravens website to see if it was there ( wasn't ). I did see the link to click about the new tickets and found out you cannot print them out from home. Gonna cause some problems with my son's tickets ( he lives in Georgia ). But I did see where if you claim your phone is broke or lost they will " print " you out your tickets at the box office. Would like to know why I can't.

Would just like to take my camera in. Pretty sure they wouldn't allow it before, but things change.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    So I printed out my parking pass for camp and it didn't have any restrictions listed. Then I went to the Ravens website to see if it was there ( wasn't ). I did see the link to click about the new tickets and found out you cannot print them out from home. Gonna cause some problems with my son's tickets ( he lives in Georgia ). But I did see where if you claim your phone is broke or lost they will " print " you out your tickets at the box office. Would like to know why I can't.

Would just like to take my camera in. Pretty sure they wouldn't allow it before, but things change.
    Looks like cameras are allowed. Just got this email from the Ravens.

The following items are prohibited:

Tailgating in parking lots
    Backpacks and duffel bags
    Bags larger than 12” x 12”
    Video cameras
    Weapons or dangerous objects
    Camera tripod or monopods
    Air horns or horns of any kind
    Cowbells
    Artificial noise makers
    Flag/banner poles
    Alcoholic beverages
    Glass bottles
    Laser pointers/pens
    Selfie sticks
    Whistles
    Pets

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Looks like cameras are allowed. Just got this email from the Ravens.

The following items are prohibited:

Tailgating in parking lots
    Backpacks and duffel bags
    Bags larger than 12” x 12”
    Video cameras
    Weapons or dangerous objects
    Camera tripod or monopods
    Air horns or horns of any kind
    Cowbells
    Artificial noise makers
    Flag/banner poles
    Alcoholic beverages
    Glass bottles
    Laser pointers/pens
    Selfie sticks
    Whistles
    Pets
    Don't take a camera with a 600mm telephoto lens. A DSLR with a 300mm lens is not something anyone is going to bug you about.

The video camera thing - considering tickets are now essentially distributed via smartphone app, I'd love to see how you could ban video recording. Sure, you can ban professional or enthusiast level equipment, but 90% of the fans have some means of recording video inside the stadium.

Some of the best videos on the internet are from fans at sporting events. Like the Broncos fans who recorded the Mile High Miracle. Glorious footage that is.

how do you sell tickets on stubhub now with this paperless nonsense?