Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ravens Rookies Report Today

Lamar Jackson was exceptional Friday afternoon as the pads finally came on at One Winning Drive for rookies and UDFAs. Showing the positive effects of James Urban‘s work with him, the rookie’s footwork was on point and it showed with improved accuracy and crisp spirals. He made his share of missed reads, but for the most part the rookie showed a lot of future promise and scrambled only to buy more time to get the ball down the field.

Another rook who looked great in pads was fellow first-rounder Hayden Hurst, who seems smooth and naturally fluid in his route-running and plucks the ball out of the air. Right now he seems to have a definite edge on Mark Andrews in terms of development, and perhaps that’s as it should be with their age gap.

I won’t go through every single play in the 11-11 drills, but just some highlights.

I-formation, Mark Thompson faking a power iso behind the right guard as LJ play action fakes beautifully. He delivers a laser 15 yard out to Jaleel Scott. The ball is slightly overthrown, as is LJ’s tendency with this particular route, but Scott adjusts beautifully and toe-taps to make the catch. It’s awesome seeing this route back in the playbook after Derrick Mason made a living off it and it then went on hiatus.

Aaaaaaaaaaand I made all of that up. But come on, for realz yo, where’s the football at?!?!?

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Rookies Report Today

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaand I made all of that up. But come on, for realz yo, where’s the football at?!?!?
    Damn you QuothDaRaven! Damn you! ::Shakes fist::

Blog Entries

You had me at I-formation...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    You had me at I-formation...
    Loooooooool...where dem tear-away jerseys at?!!
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Lamar Jackson was exceptional Friday afternoon as the pads finally came on at One Winning Drive for rookies and UDFAs. Showing the positive effects of James Urban‘s work with him, the rookie’s footwork was on point and it showed with improved accuracy and crisp spirals. He made his share of missed reads, but for the most part the rookie showed a lot of future promise and scrambled only to buy more time to get the ball down the field.

Another rook who looked great in pads was fellow first-rounder Hayden Hurst, who seems smooth and naturally fluid in his route-running and plucks the ball out of the air. Right now he seems to have a definite edge on Mark Andrews in terms of development, and perhaps that’s as it should be with their age gap.

I won’t go through every single play in the 11-11 drills, but just some highlights.

I-formation, Mark Thompson faking a power iso behind the right guard as LJ play action fakes beautifully. He delivers a laser 15 yard out to Jaleel Scott. The ball is slightly overthrown, as is LJ’s tendency with this particular route, but Scott adjusts beautifully and toe-taps to make the catch. It’s awesome seeing this route back in the playbook after Derrick Mason made a living off it and it then went on hiatus.

Damn you Quoth Damn you I got all fired up and excited LOL

Btw, Flacco is already in camp. Evidently QBs were all supposed to report on Friday, which seemed to have been under-reported. All I saw previously was rookies and injured vets last week on Wednesday, the rest of the vets this week on Wednesday.

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2018...training-camp/

I agree, sure would be nice to have some reports from late last week and over the weekend. Does The Sun even HAVE a beat reporter for the Ravens anymore?!?!?!?!
    Last edited by esmd; 07-16-2018 at 12:06 PM.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Ravens placed RG Marshal Yanda on active/PUP.

Our first blurb of 2018 training camps. Yanda broke his ankle last Week 2 and was done for the year. He's had ten months of recovery time, but isn't ready to practice early in camp. Players placed on active/PUP can be activated at any time, however, and the expectation remains Yanda will be ready for Week 1.

Blog Entries

Jamison Hensley
    ESPN Staff Writer
    Ravens place six players on PUP to start training camp: guard Marshal Yanda, defensive end Brent Urban, tight end Vince Mayle, cornerback Jaylen Hill, linebacker Bam Bradley and wide receiver Quincy Adeboyejo. It's an expected precautionary measure with Yanda, who is coming off a season-ending ankle injury and didn't participate in offseason workouts.

... Bc

Lamar Jackson was exceptional Friday afternoon as the pads finally came on at One Winning Drive for rookies and UDFAs. Showing the positive effects of James Urban‘s work with him...
    That was wonderfully written.

According to Hensley, Training Camp is closed to the media until later this week when the vets report. That's why we haven't heard much since last Wednesday.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    According to Hensley, Training Camp is closed to the media until later this week when the vets report. That's why we haven't heard much since last Wednesday.

Plus they never usually cover rookie camp. So why would this year be any different