Page 1 of 30 123 ... LastLast

What happened to the Flacco passing camp?

So be honest, who actually believe that Flacco would gather his receivers outside of the building to get some extra work in and build camaraderie? As silly as it sounds I did. Well now it's officially July 11 and the rookies (QBs also I believe) are reporting to training camp with the vets joining them next week. I think it's safe to say that the passing camp isn't happening.

“[The plans] are not for sure cemented, but I’m going to be getting in touch with Mike [Crabtree], Willie [Snead] and Smoke [John Brown],” Flacco said. “I thought about doing something really close right now to minicamp, but with the work we’ve put in over the past four weeks, I want to get these guys a quick break before we actually get together. But it’s going to happen quickly because I’ve got to be back here in, like, a week.”

“There’s no doubt,” Flacco said. “That stuff is important. We’ll do it.”

“I think sometimes those things are just as much or more about developing a relationship with those guys and developing that trust,” Flacco said. “I think when you can get that relationship going, that’s going to help your football team out a ton.”

Riighttttt Joe Rightttttt.....

Re: What happened to the Flacco passing camp?

dude is a 9-5er been known for a long time

Blog Entries

There's Flacco and family, speeding down the road and passing camp :

"Hey kids, wave to the Ravens receivers quick! Gee, I hope they have someone to throw them the football."

... Bc

Honestly, at this stage I just don't see the point in making a big deal about this passing camp business. Joe is ...well, Joe. We've all known it for years.

Self-directed passing camp or not, he'll have to perform at a high level this year if he wants to continue playing football in Baltimore or anywhere else. If Joe gets off to a good start, no one will remember this passing camp business in October. And if he does poorly, we'll be calling for his head ...again, passing camp or no passing camp.

He realized during mini camp that Jackson is so far behind him and a non threat that he doenst need to have it....

In all actuality he will have it a few days before they have to report to camp. Makes sense to do it then while the rookies are at camp.

6. Re: What happened to the Flacco passing camp?

Agreed......camp or no camp, when it comes to Flacco, it doesn't matter much. He's made his fame and fortune. It's just a job now. Rumor has it that when asked about passing camp he replied....."I can't. He plays for the Titans now".

Blog Entries

whats the point of this passing camp? to get good chemistry, right?

all reports were about how well he was clicking with Crab/Smoke/Snead/Moore already.

better to than not, sure, but not really necessary either. It was already mentioned that it was completely dependent upon others availability. He was willing and had a week picked out that worked. We also dont know if they did or not, because its a private get together, theyre not going to alert the media about it. In other words, people are making a story where there really isnt any because their isnt anything else going on.
    -JAB

Well it just.... passed

Blog Entries

If you pay him he will come.

If you don't...........

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Honestly, at this stage I just don't see the point in making a big deal about this passing camp business. Joe is ...well, Joe. We've all known it for years.

Self-directed passing camp or not, he'll have to perform at a high level this year if he wants to continue playing football in Baltimore or anywhere else. If Joe gets off to a good start, no one will remember this passing camp business in October. And if he does poorly, we'll be calling for his head ...again, passing camp or no passing camp.
    I personally dont care, but I mean it's fair to call Flacco out because he did tell the media that it was going to happen.

Regardless his days are numbered here unless he comes out on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    whats the point of this passing camp? to get good chemistry, right?

all reports were about how well he was clicking with Crab/Smoke/Snead/Moore already.

better to than not, sure, but not really necessary either. It was already mentioned that it was completely dependent upon others availability. He was willing and had a week picked out that worked. We also dont know if they did or not, because its a private get together, theyre not going to alert the media about it. In other words, people are making a story where there really isnt any because their isnt anything else going on.
    keep readingthe hype LOL

Total red herring, but keep bitching about it on a message board. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...