Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Five things that need to go right this season

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I may turn this into an article and quote you, if you're cool with that Shas?
    Cool with me. In fact, when I conceived it I double checked to make sure no one had already written a similar article. Seems like an obvious topic for the dog days of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Cool with me. In fact, when I conceived it I double checked to make sure no one had already written a similar article. Seems like an obvious topic for the dog days of summer.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I had written out some ideas around "three things" that need to go right back in June, but I like yours and I have some different ones so it would make for a good article. But of course, I give credit to others ideas.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

No worries. Don't sweat the credit, either. Nice to offer but you can run with the idea and make it your own.

The running game.

We have to set up the run game and convert 3rd downs. Oh, and catch the ball

They need to avoid a major injury in camp. None during OTA's unlike last year. Need to get thru camp to the regular season ready to go.

1. Need to stay away from injuries.
    2. Flacco needs to be the Joe from 2011-2014. Just throw it down field. Stop the check downs which his O coach is telling him to take if it’s not there down field. Tressalman is gone. Burn his playbook. Trust your arm and make receivers catch the ball or hit them in the face/chest with it.
    3. Defense needs to stop being so soft late in the game. 4-th and 12 is a all out blitz down when you are playing against a o line which was garbage, a qb who hears feet and you never give them time late to get behind your defense deep. Blitz him and make him throw the ball in under two seconds not after four plus seconds.
    4. The young defense players who could not even get active on game day must step up and play significant numbers of plays.
    5. A Harbs and all the other coaches need to get aggressive to finish games. Stop playing for 50 yard FGs. Punch it in for TDs. Go for blitz instead of soft zone defense. I’d rather have a cb beat on a incredible play against a blitz than watch them get picked apart play after play as the other team moves the ball down field for a game winning td.

I was just listening to an interview with Albert Breer, SI's NFL writer, and he made a statement that there are two teams in the NFL who offensive coordinators hated preparing for last year: the Bears and the Ravens. For the Ravens he attributed it to their complex blitz packages from anywhere in the field.

If I combine that thought with what I read here about Pees, sounds to me like he had the right tools, but too often put the tools back in the shed in the fourth quarter and played too conservatively--backing off what they do well.
    Still trying to figure out if it was a 4th quarter of the game issue or a 4th quarter of the season problem. The 4th quarter collapses seemed to really become an issue in December which also seemed to coincide with when we would lose a key starter...right when we would be fighting for a playoff spot.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. I had written out some ideas around "three things" that need to go right back in June, but I like yours and I have some different ones so it would make for a good article. But of course, I give credit to others ideas.
    LOL...

Baltimore Sun, July 18: "Five storylines heading into Ravens training camp"