Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Final Offseason Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    There will be more film on him later in the year. A lot of these newer QBs have “ambush” potential when you’re not really sure how their offense is going to look and what they’re going to do earlier in the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True. Did ‘t think about it that way. Earlier makes it harder because you have little film on him. Later means he could gain experience and grow confidence. We shall see how ot turns out. I no nothing about him, so I have no clue what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    But only one is true......we have a new DC.
    He's under fairly significant pressure in that he could be cut.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

Is he really though? It's kind of manufactured pressure. Guy is a 10 year vet with playoff experience and a SB MVP. Hes clean off the field. Even if he stunk up the 2018 season, there will be 5 or 6 teams willing to sign him after the Ravens cut him. And that's to be a starter. By the time he hits 36, he could embark on a career as a veteran backup if he's still healthy and wants to keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Is he really though? It's kind of manufactured pressure. Guy is a 10 year vet with playoff experience and a SB MVP. Hes clean off the field. Even if he stunk up the 2018 season, there will be 5 or 6 teams willing to sign him after the Ravens cut him. And that's to be a starter. By the time he hits 36, he could embark on a career as a veteran backup if he's still healthy and wants to keep playing.
    Final thought for now: Flacco is a joke and a bum I hope he gets.......nevermind I don’t want to be cruel

5. Re: Final Offseason Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

I really doubt that Joe is all that worried about much of anything these days, but I do get what you're saying.

I really doubt that Joe is all that worried about much of anything these days, but I do get what you're saying.
    yea, when look at his career, what else does he need to do? Hes won a superbowl, played over 10 years and has gotten paid. I feel he will ride off into the sunset with his brain still intact after 2018 if the ravens try any funny business and decide to release him. Hes invested in and owns a bunch of golf courses, so the money will still be coming in long after he retires

Quote Originally Posted by crabcakes View Post
    yea, when look at his career, what else does he need to do? Hes won a superbowl, played over 10 years and has gotten paid. I feel he will ride off into the sunset with his brain still intact after 2018 if the ravens try any funny business and decide to release him. Hes invested in and owns a bunch of golf courses, so the money will still be coming in long after he retires
    Flacco will be fine personally, he and his family will be set for life financially. No matter how I feel about him professionally he is a cool dude personally.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Flacco will be fine personally, he and his family will be set for life financially. No matter how I feel about him professionally he is a cool dude personally.
    Yea that's why I'd be surprised if he doesnt retire

Does this qualify as an offseason thought? It's approaching half past midnight (Baltimore time); tomorrow is a work day, and over 200 Ravens fans are visiting Ravens 24X7. The "thought"? There are plenty of dedicated Ravens fans ready to support the team through the coming season!
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

That's fair. The contract pressure is here, but doesn't mean he cares.

I think this team has good pieces in place. If we have a healthy Flacco trusting his new pass catchers, supported by the Roman-schemed run game, this will be a solid mid-level NFL offense (#16). And if some combo of Judon, Bowser, Williams, Henry, and/or Pierce can boost the pass rush (and let Suggs rest more), I think Wink's defense should out-perform Pees, especially in the 4th quarter, nursing a one-score lead. I'm expecting a top 10 defense, both in points and yards.

That said, I think this year's schedule is tougher than last year. The Ravens can't expect to be facing backup QBs multiple weeks, like last year. I just have this feeling that Flacco is going to perform well, under pressure, with a successor nipping at his heels. Joe leads the team to 10 wins and a playoff berth.