Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 383940

Thread: SCOTUS Watch

Re: SCOTUS Watch

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, cigarettes cannot be legally purchased/consumed if you're under 18.

Is there an age restriction on hanky-panky?
    Varies state to state. I think some define statutory rape as under 18 even if both parties are?

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    I’m not without empathy obviously.
    Your republican affiliation begs to differ. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    so doing it after you sign a piece of paper makes you fill full but before signing the paper they feel empty?
    More about saving it for the person you're committed to than the paper. I can honestly say I'd rather have had my wife be the first rather than various ex's and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    My wife and I got married in September. We are due this December.

I can ensure you I feel significantly more prepared now then I would have even just a year ago. Marriage completely changes your perspective of the relationship, and to be honest, it changes your viewpoint on life, at least in my experience. I go out a lot less now, for example.
    Get ready to go out even less. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Mickey's!!! Lol.

Mickeys, 20 20, Boons Farm. Haha.... those were the days.
    Mickey 's Ice was my jam for 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Yeah....there used to be, if I recall correctly, a group called the "Blue Dog Democrats", who were a bit more moderate. Not sure if they even exist now, or if it matters.
    They got wiped out in the last decade. Similar to a lot of the moderate Republicans in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You know Ortizer, I like you and you post some good stuff, other times you pick the weirdest things to correct.

This post was in response to the question “when did preaching abstinence work”. It worked in the way that it made sense before the sexual revolution. That doesn’t mean everyone practiced abstinence because it made sense.
    Sorry, was catching up. Was quite hashed out in the following posts.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Thanks buddy! I have a feeling that, in addition to the music, movies, video games threads, there may be a parenting advice thread from my good pals on here!

Getting advice from those with experience is always super helpful.
    Two pieces of basic advice. First, love your wife and be faithful. The first thing a father can do for his children is to be a good husband that builds a secure and safe home full of love.

Two, when your kids do something bad do not call them bad. Call the act bad and tell them they are above behaving that way. It elevates them to see themselves, and hopefully others, as more than appearances and actions. That they as human beings have a immense value, as do all other human beings. Behaving poorly and harming yourself or others is unworthy of this status.

This sense of self-worth is different than that "participation trophy" crap that our society pushes. The motive is right, seeing every person as worthy, but it does so in a cheap way. And again, emphasize EVERY person has this same worth that is inherent in being a human being. But we don't get awards for it just for showing up. It's a fine line, but I bet you can see it.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    But that is probably the time (age 12) to start talking about it. What it is, what it can lead to, how to deal with a guy putting pressure on you to try it, or if you have a boy teaching them to not pressure others and keep it in their pants.

The talk needs to happen early, as the pressure to "do it" starts near the end of middle school/beginning of high school.
    Age 10 at the latest, unfortunately. I had the talk on the big three on their 10th birthdays.

1. Sex - what it is, how it works, and that is more than a physical thing.
    2. Drugs and alcohol - Don't use them until you are much older, your brain will still be forming for another 1-15 years. Protect it.
    3. Jesus - While you are in my house you will go to church but what you do with it and the relationship you do or do not have with God/Jesus is for you to decide. Obviously you know what I want for you, but it is your decision. Choose wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Two pieces of basic advice. First, love your wife and be faithful. The first thing a father can do for his children is to be a good husband that builds a secure and safe home full of love.

Two, when your kids do something bad do not call them bad. Call the act bad and tell them they are above behaving that way. It elevates them to see themselves, and hopefully others, as more than appearances and actions. That they as human beings have a immense value, as do all other human beings. Behaving poorly and harming yourself or others is unworthy of this status.

This sense of self-worth is different than that "participation trophy" crap that our society pushes. The motive is right, seeing every person as worthy, but it does so in a cheap way. And again, emphasize EVERY person has this same worth that is inherent in being a human being. But we don't get awards for it just for showing up. It's a fine line, but I bet you can see it.
    Appreciate it Greg. I definitely understand what you mean.

A lot of parenting issues can be solved by basic common sense. I guess we'll find out if I actually have it now ;) lol.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Appreciate it Greg. I definitely understand what you mean.

A lot of parenting issues can be solved by basic common sense. I guess we'll find out if I actually have it now ;) lol.
    1 more piece of advice...

Don’t commit crimes with your children in tow and then use them as leverage to justify your crime.

I figured that would be helpful nowadays. Some people aren’t aware of how terrible that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Age 10 at the latest, unfortunately. I had the talk on the big three on their 10th birthdays.

1. Sex - what it is, how it works, and that is more than a physical thing.
    2. Drugs and alcohol - Don't use them until you are much older, your brain will still be forming for another 1-15 years. Protect it.
    3. Jesus - While you are in my house you will go to church but what you do with it and the relationship you do or do not have with God/Jesus is for you to decide. Obviously you know what I want for you, but it is your decision. Choose wisely.
    Awesome advice on this one. My oldest turns 8 in a couple months, so will be keeping this in mind down the line.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk