Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Supplemental Draft this week - July 11th (Wednesday)

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    Doesn't the supplemental follow the same order as the draft (without trades)? Any time your # comes up you can pick or pass. If you do pick, you lose that round pick for the following year? If I recall we waited till the 5th round of the supplemental to take Gaither, so we lost our 5th round pick that year.
    Its a silent auction basically. you bid, highest bid wins. Youre bidding next years picks, and only those picks are available. Winning bid loses that corresponding pick.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    Doesn't the supplemental follow the same order as the draft (without trades)? Any time your # comes up you can pick or pass. If you do pick, you lose that round pick for the following year? If I recall we waited till the 5th round of the supplemental to take Gaither, so we lost our 5th round pick that year.
    Exactly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Its a silent auction basically. you bid, highest bid wins. Youre bidding next years picks, and only those picks are available. Winning bid loses that corresponding pick.
    What is interesting is that if 2 teams bid the same round then the team with the higher draft order in 2018 gets it even though it costs a 2019 pick. There is no real alternative but it benefits a team that is coming off a really bad year, like the Giants, but usually doesn't pick that high

4. Re: Supplemental Draft this week - July 11th (Wednesday)

Nice breakdown...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-allens-secret

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Seen a BR report that sam neal could be the best ever supplementary draft player.

Has no red flags either apparently. Wanted to finish his sr year but didnt have the credits for the ncaa to allow him to play so he's left.

"Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    It looks like the Ravens didn't even think he was worth a 7th round bid. I guess their meeting didn't go well

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It looks like the Ravens didn't even think he was worth a 7th round bid. I guess their meeting didn't go well
    Nor did any other team for that matter.

Beal went 3rd to the Giants. Adonis went to the Redskins for a 6th.

I thought all along their interest was more about a UDFA than using a pick. Supplemental picks tend to be a round or two less. Beal is talked about as having a good chance to be one of the best supplemental picks ever, a top 5 CB next year by some (which translates to first or second round), and still was a 3rd round pick. I feel teams usually devalue these guys, most having off field issues or academic issues to be supplemental in the first place, which results in being higher risk and therefore less value than their talent may suggest (Josh Gordon is a perfect example). Easy to overhype when youre only talking about 2-5 guys instead of 250 as well.
    -JAB

We didn’t really need another strong safety anyways... surprised jets scooped him up though. Maybe theyll release Terrence brooks and he comes back home

Still salty we released him for that bum Kendrick lewis.