Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jameis Winston

Blog Entries

Jameis Winston

You know, I have been thinking about the Jameis Winston suspension and there are just a few things on my mind. Firstly, I want to say that my heart goes out to the young woman. Here was a young woman, just doing her job, and had to deal with this. Often times, we as men minimize the type of things that women have to deal with on a regular basis, because we really don't want to be understanding of a different perspective. We are more likely to take the one case where a woman lied and run with it, declaring that all women lie. Even if you can look at yourself and believe that this is not how you are, in general, we can all look to men as a whole and understand that this is how guys think. A lot of men would be glad to forget the ungodly amount of cases that go unreported, because of the mountainous psychological adversity involved with a woman going public with her experience. There have been plenty of times that I've talked with ITT, for example, and told her straight up that I would never want to be a woman. I'd be learning Martial Arts from age 2, master of flying daggers by age 8 and by age 13 I'd be walking with a mace that would make 30% taste like frosted flakes.

Reading comments on youtube and other forms of social media, always have this innate ability to remind me of why I'm not on social media. I almost feel dumber after the entertainment value is gone. However, there was one excuse that stood out to me, with regard to the Jameis Winston case. One excuse that, thankfully, talk shows did not let Winston off the hook for. The age old 'I was drunk' excuse. How this excuse has lasted this long is beyond me. Everybody should know that all alcohol does is lower inhibitors and bring out a more raw form of the true character you possess. Period. Alcohol doesn't take Rose from the Golden Girls and turn her into the woman from the movie 'Misery'. When sober you think, 'Man, I really want to tell my boss off, but I need to pay for this vacation coming up with the Mrs.'. When intoxicated, 'You know something you cock-sucking bastard, here's another thing I don't like about you!'.

One trend that has really bothered me, because I can see that society is headed in this direction if it's not already there (I live under a rock often times), is that as soon as Winston's situation comes up, there are some black folks who want to go straight to Ben Roethlisberger and how he wasn't getting crucified like this. Do people realize how insane that sounds? 'Ben assaulted a woman and didn't get raked over the coals like this so Jameis should get away with it'. Black America is not as lost as the media would lead you to believe. If you've done any sort of traveling in your life you'll know that the ignorant, blame the world persona that is largely portrayed only pertains to a minority of African Americans. Yes, in Baltimore, there are a lot of single black mothers and a huge drug problem. Go out to Washington state, same problems, just different color and different drugs. But this kindergarten level 'Hey that's not fair, he groped her titties and got away with it' misdirection of accountability is a bad sign.

One of the Florida State cases was murky, because the young woman changed her story a few times. However, there was more than one case down there and there was a payoff down there too. This has all of the warning signs of being legit. The woman reported it to Uber that same night and Winston's account was suspended. Winston didn't report it to the NFL, hoping that it wouldn't be found out. News got a hold of it at some point and approached the young woman for details. She said what she had to say. Darby, who must be Winston's sexual assault hype man or something, because he always seems to be around and lying about shit, claims that she was confused. Winston denies any wrong-doing. Of course, the guy already in jail for rape has nothing to lose so puts out information that would make the woman's story seem true. The league, knowing them, told him that he'd only get three if he didn't fight it. He circles around an actual apology by talking about how he's given up alcohol and we still have people thinking that this young woman just came out about it recently and wants money. You don't think she could have easily looked the guy up or been told by a friend who he was, that night? If there was money to be exchanged, it would have likely been done by now. I'm sorry, but if I'm about to get married and I'm accused of grabbing another woman's crotch, if I'm innocent, I'm fighting that tooth and nail.

These were just thoughts that I had about the situation.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Jameis Winston

My thoughts are the Tampa bay Buccaneers trade a 2nd and 3rd rounder for Joe Flacoo in 2019.

Bank on it.

and yeah, Winston did it, ignore all the bs excuses.

Blog Entries

I really want to like the guy and he's got a ton of talent but he's a knucklehead. That's fine at receiver or pass rush or any other position but not QB. It doesn't work.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You know, I have been thinking about the Jameis Winston suspension and there are just a few things on my mind. Firstly, I want to say that my heart goes out to the young woman. Here was a young woman, just doing her job, and had to deal with this. Often times, we as men minimize the type of things that women have to deal with on a regular basis, because we really don't want to be understanding of a different perspective. We are more likely to take the one case where a woman lied and run with it, declaring that all women lie. Even if you can look at yourself and believe that this is not how you are, in general, we can all look to men as a whole and understand that this is how guys think. A lot of men would be glad to forget the ungodly amount of cases that go unreported, because of the mountainous psychological adversity involved with a woman going public with her experience. There have been plenty of times that I've talked with ITT, for example, and told her straight up that I would never want to be a woman. I'd be learning Martial Arts from age 2, master of flying daggers by age 8 and by age 13 I'd be walking with a mace that would make 30% taste like frosted flakes.

Reading comments on youtube and other forms of social media, always have this innate ability to remind me of why I'm not on social media. I almost feel dumber after the entertainment value is gone. However, there was one excuse that stood out to me, with regard to the Jameis Winston case. One excuse that, thankfully, talk shows did not let Winston off the hook for. The age old 'I was drunk' excuse. How this excuse has lasted this long is beyond me. Everybody should know that all alcohol does is lower inhibitors and bring out a more raw form of the true character you possess. Period. Alcohol doesn't take Rose from the Golden Girls and turn her into the woman from the movie 'Misery'. When sober you think, 'Man, I really want to tell my boss off, but I need to pay for this vacation coming up with the Mrs.'. When intoxicated, 'You know something you cock-sucking bastard, here's another thing I don't like about you!'.

One trend that has really bothered me, because I can see that society is headed in this direction if it's not already there (I live under a rock often times), is that as soon as Winston's situation comes up, there are some black folks who want to go straight to Ben Roethlisberger and how he wasn't getting crucified like this. Do people realize how insane that sounds? 'Ben assaulted a woman and didn't get raked over the coals like this so Jameis should get away with it'. Black America is not as lost as the media would lead you to believe. If you've done any sort of traveling in your life you'll know that the ignorant, blame the world persona that is largely portrayed only pertains to a minority of African Americans. Yes, in Baltimore, there are a lot of single black mothers and a huge drug problem. Go out to Washington state, same problems, just different color and different drugs. But this kindergarten level 'Hey that's not fair, he groped her titties and got away with it' misdirection of accountability is a bad sign.

One of the Florida State cases was murky, because the young woman changed her story a few times. However, there was more than one case down there and there was a payoff down there too. This has all of the warning signs of being legit. The woman reported it to Uber that same night and Winston's account was suspended. Winston didn't report it to the NFL, hoping that it wouldn't be found out. News got a hold of it at some point and approached the young woman for details. She said what she had to say. Darby, who must be Winston's sexual assault hype man or something, because he always seems to be around and lying about shit, claims that she was confused. Winston denies any wrong-doing. Of course, the guy already in jail for rape has nothing to lose so puts out information that would make the woman's story seem true. The league, knowing them, told him that he'd only get three if he didn't fight it. He circles around an actual apology by talking about how he's given up alcohol and we still have people thinking that this young woman just came out about it recently and wants money. You don't think she could have easily looked the guy up or been told by a friend who he was, that night? If there was money to be exchanged, it would have likely been done by now. I'm sorry, but if I'm about to get married and I'm accused of grabbing another woman's crotch, if I'm innocent, I'm fighting that tooth and nail.

These were just thoughts that I had about the situation.
    Ben got suspended as well and crucified in the media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post

This is true. To this day, people still refer to him as "Rapistberger.

Re Jameis Winston...where there is smoke, there is fire. This guy has a pretty questionable past. He's gotten by because of his status, but all it takes is one time before that status is removed. If he doesn't have an exceptional year, I could see the Bucs moving on from him. He's a huge distraction off the field right now and his on-field performances aren't SO great that it makes up for the off-field stuff.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This is true. To this day, people still refer to him as "Rapistberger.

Re Jameis Winston...where there is smoke, there is fire. This guy has a pretty questionable past. He's gotten by because of his status, but all it takes is one time before that status is removed. If he doesn't have an exceptional year, I could see the Bucs moving on from him. He's a huge distraction off the field right now and his on-field performances aren't SO great that it makes up for the off-field stuff.
    This adds to an interesting point. Some feel that the ONLY reason Ben even got the lifeline that he did was, because he physically led them to a title in 08'. While the defense was the focal point of that team, they don't win that particular game without Ben making at least a half dozen plays that no other QB in the league could have made. If he hadn't physically done it already, I don't think he gets that lifeline. Now, where some may not like that is that for this type of issue, they feel there should be ZERO tolerance. I am very much in agreement with that. I'm just also acknowledging the reality of the situation.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

All good thoughts. Winston definitely sounds like a guy I wouldn't want to root for. Nor is Roethlisburger, FWIW.
    Last edited by esmd; 07-09-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Yup. Ben was suspended 6 games and it was then reduced to 4. Winston is being suspended for 3 games. To this day people bring up what Ben did 8 years ago. How can anyone say that Ben got better treatment than Jameis?

for like 1 week.

I'll admit I'm delusioned by the local steelers and penn state fans who still rock Big ben jerseys (only jersey on females I've seen) and also still rock the "We are because He Was" bumper stickers.

Fans are gross. The football Fans themselves are driving me away from enjoying football honestly
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    for like 1 week.

I'll admit I'm delusioned by the local steelers and penn state fans who still rock Big ben jerseys (only jersey on females I've seen) and also still rock the "We are because He Was" bumper stickers.

Fans are gross. The football Fans themselves are driving me away from enjoying football honestly
    In my area I hear the same things about Ray Lewis and the Ravens fans

The bar owner destroyed evidence for Big Ben. The DVR that would have had the video at the bar was broken, or malfunctioned or something.

Otherwise, I think Ben is done.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    In my area I hear the same things about Ray Lewis and the Ravens fans
    I feel like its slightly different. Baltimore collectively lost its mind about ray rice (and rightfully so).

Ray was a little different I think because its well documented that the media pushed "murder charges" which was never really a thing when it was obstruction of justice.

Tie that into the "dont snitch" culture and I dont think its comparable to multiple reports of sexual assault and kiddie diddling
    Burn it down