Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar Jackson is already apparently rated higher than Flacco in the new Madden

you know who else was good in madden early on.... breshad perriman... How did that work out?

Re: Lamar Jackson is already apparently rated higher than Flacco in the new Madden

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    We're still claiming Jackson doesn't know how to play from the pocket? I thought that was debunked within a few days of the draft.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    I would doubt that any QB who had Heisman trophy level accomplishments in an option system would ever be able to switch completely to a dropback system. Its just too hard to resist the urge the run when you're under pressure and you've only ever learned to run and never learned to go through your progressions. I'm not saying that he'll never play from the pocket, but he'll never be a 100% pocket passer. Injuries will always be a factor. But he still may have a decent career and make positive contributions to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    I would doubt that any QB who had Heisman trophy level accomplishments in an option system would ever be able to switch completely to a dropback system. Its just too hard to resist the urge the run when you're under pressure and you've only ever learned to run and never learned to go through your progressions. I'm not saying that he'll never play from the pocket, but he'll never be a 100% pocket passer. Injuries will always be a factor. But he still may have a decent career and make positive contributions to the team.
    I'd watch more of Jackson.

Several plays where he scrambles, re-establishes himself in the pocket and throws a strike.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    WOW-WEE!!!

Just hand Harbaugh a Playstation controller and the Ravens could be Super Bowl champions.
    We know his coaching style is simple "Ask madden for recommended plays"
    Burn it down

Nothing was worst than playing with Kyle Boller the year Madden had the vision cone in the game.....holy crap
    I liked the concept of having to have the QB's eyes face the direction to which he is throwing in order to have an accurate pass, but with Boller's vision cone only being the width of his helmet you had your work cut out for you trying to scan the field before getting sacked. Meanwhile Brady and Manning had cones that covered 2/3 of the field

Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    Nothing was worst than playing with Kyle Boller the year Madden had the vision cone in the game.....holy crap
    I liked the concept of having to have the QB's eyes face the direction to which he is throwing in order to have an accurate pass, but with Boller's vision cone only being the width of his helmet you had your work cut out for you trying to scan the field before getting sacked. Meanwhile Brady and Manning had cones that covered 2/3 of the field
    lmao, I remember that. I had to turn the vision cone off and turned Kyle Boller into a HOF'er in franchise mode.

Lamar Jackson certainly makes this years Madden much more interesting if you are playing Franchise mode as the Ravens. Flacco sucks, his release is slow causing him to take too many sacks when attempting to get the ball out, plus he barely progresses year to year. I always look to drafting Flacco's replacement the following year with someone mobile. With Lamar, you already have that, then can spend those high picks on receivers and pass catching running backs to totally revamp the offense. The defense should already be pretty solid. The Ravens are going to be a pretty popular Madden franchise this edition.

Hasn't it already been established that something like 79% of Lamar's runs were designed QB runs, called by his coach? And that he went further through his progressions than any other first round QB in this past draft. Or do I remember things a little incorrectly?

Blog Entries

And it wasn’t an option system. They run the same offense as the Pats with more designed runs

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Lamar Jackson is already apparently rated higher than Flacco in the new Madden

Official QB Ratings for Madden 19:

Rodgers: 99
    Brady: 99
    Wilson: 92
    Brees: 91
    Ryan: 89
    Cam: 88
    Ben: 88
    Luck: 87
    Rivers: 87
    Wentz: 86
    Stafford: 85
    Smith: 84
    Jimmy G: 83
    Goff: 83
    Carr: 83
    Cousins: 82
    Watson: 82
    Dak: 92
    Keenum: 81
    Baker: 81
    Tyrod: 81
    Bortles: 80
    Foles:80
    Winston:80
    Flacco: 77

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Hasn't it already been established that something like 79% of Lamar's runs were designed QB runs, called by his coach? And that he went further through his progressions than any other first round QB in this past draft. Or do I remember things a little incorrectly?
    The point was that he wasn't learning how to play from the pocket. When you see QB's getting drafted #1, or #2, and then the fourth QB still being taken in the top 10, and then LJ is sliding all the way to #32 -- LJ's speed when he's sliding that much in the draft, its telling. It means that teams don't think that he's a complete player. If he even had an average pocket presence, he would have been a top 5 pick.

Blog Entries

The point was that he wasn't learning how to play from the pocket. When you see QB's getting drafted #1, or #2, and then the fourth QB still being taken in the top 10, and then LJ is sliding all the way to #32 -- LJ's speed when he's sliding that much in the draft, its telling. It means that teams don't think that he's a complete player. If he even had an average pocket presence, he would have been a top 5 pick.
    Top 5 like Aaron Rodgers, or Drew Brees?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Top 5 like Aaron Rodgers, or Drew Brees?
    OR Tom Brady? ... Bc