Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Maclin and Wallace - clear addition by substraction?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    maclin gonna win comeback player of the year!!!!
    Probably. It's tough to say what would've happened if the Ravens had any kind of coaching. Players like Maclin seem to come here and just forget how to play football. We still have Harbaugh running the circus, so don't expect much.

Blog Entries

maclin gonna win comeback player of the year!!!!
    In order to win "comeback player of the year", a player has to be awful for a year first.
    So, Maclin is half way to the award. Of course the second half is no easy task... Bc

I know its been said here often, but to me, lumping Wallace and Maclin into the same boat is ridiculous.

Wallace played hard, made oodles of big plays, and produced a very good value in relation to his contract. Maclin phoned it in.

Also, add my name to the list of those here who would have much rather brought Wallace back at the 1 year/$2m contract that the Eagles gave him instead of the 1yr/$5m we gave to John Brown.

Brown's contract has disaster written all over it. If he continues to struggle with injuries, we will get little value out of the contract. If he stays healthy and produces, he's going to get a much larger contract somewhere else. I really wish the Ravens would have done something like 2 years/$10m instead. Unfortunately, they got caught up in that early free agency WR overpay feeding frenzy instead of abiding by their normal patience.

wallace was great while he was here, totally exceeded my expectations. I would take him over brown any day. lets hope ozzie knew what he was doing when signing him (doubtful, especially after the ryan grant debacle). As for Maclin, I just wish he was cut the second the season was over. He was such garbage all season long. I doubt he finishes this year on an active roster

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I know its been said here often, but to me, lumping Wallace and Maclin into the same boat is ridiculous.

Wallace played hard, made oodles of big plays, and produced a very good value in relation to his contract. Maclin phoned it in.

Also, add my name to the list of those here who would have much rather brought Wallace back at the 1 year/$2m contract that the Eagles gave him instead of the 1yr/$5m we gave to John Brown.

Brown's contract has disaster written all over it. If he continues to struggle with injuries, we will get little value out of the contract. If he stays healthy and produces, he's going to get a much larger contract somewhere else. I really wish the Ravens would have done something like 2 years/$10m instead. Unfortunately, they got caught up in that early free agency WR overpay feeding frenzy instead of abiding by their normal patience.
    Wallace is 31, Brown is 28. Those are three big years in “Speed WR World.”

I’m not saying Brown is going to pan out — in fact, I think he has less than a 50% chance of being an impact player this year. But he does still have upside, while Wallace does not. I appreciate Wallace, but bringing him back would make no sense to me. I’d rather have Moore out there taking snaps over Wallace.
    "Chin up, chest out."

6. Re: Maclin and Wallace - clear addition by substraction?

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

I’m not saying Brown is going to pan out — in fact, I think he has less than a 50% chance of being an impact player this year. But he does still have upside, while Wallace does not. I appreciate Wallace, but bringing him back would make no sense to me. I’d rather have Moore out there taking snaps over Wallace.
    Regardless of who we have out there, I just hope we can find a QB who can actually put the football somewhere in the vicinity of a WR's catch radius and maybe, just maybe, try hitting a WR in stride w/some passes. I know it's a lot to ask......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

$2 million + success with Flacco vs. $5 million + 2 straight bad years.

The premise of this thread is that Mike Wallace was so bad that just his leaving is a positive. The stats from the bad year from Mike Wallace are almost equal to the stats that John Brown put up in the past 2 years combined. We're not talking about a 24 year old with great potential. 28 is on the downside for wide receivers. I'd much rather save $3 million and keep someone who I know works well with Flacco than spend more than double for an unknown with a poor recent history

He ain’t no Ryan grant...

He ain’t no Ryan grant...
    Wallace was cool but I always felt he was a Steeler at heart....

Who is maclin?

10. Re: Maclin and Wallace - clear addition by substraction?

Jeremy "Crab Cake" Maclin?

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Jeremy "Crab Cake" Maclin?
    Never heard of him...

12. Re: Maclin and Wallace - clear addition by substraction?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Never heard of him...
    It appears the entire NFL hasn't heard of him this offseason, either. Hmmmm…..