Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Anyone here hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I agree with both points above. How would you order your giraffe steak? Medium rare?
    I’m going med well. I bet that shit is gamey as hell. And at 18 yrs old I bet it’s tough as boot leather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I agree with both points above. How would you order your giraffe steak? Medium rare?
    Depends on how lean it was.

I’ve eaten elk, venison, goose, rabbit, ostrich, squirrel, and pheasant. I’ve eaten some strange seafood items too...pickled monkfish liver comes to mind. Cheeks, eyes, tongue, pig brains, pig ears, ludifisk, bone marrow, head cheese...

I’m not really opposed to eating anything really.

I would, however, draw the line at Balut and spiders.

I tried durian fruit once. That was enough for me. That shit is one of the most foul things on earth.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I’m going med well. I bet that shit is gamey as hell. And at 18 yrs old I bet it’s tough as boot leather.

Probably right!

I’m kind of funny about lamb too. Don’t know why...just not crazy about it. However, I do love lamb meatballs done up Mediterranean style...with some tzaziki sauce, onions, tomatoes, and good pita bread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Probably right!

I’m kind of funny about lamb too. Don’t know why...just not crazy about it. However, I do love lamb meatballs done up Mediterranean style...with some tzaziki sauce, onions, tomatoes, and good pita bread.

I guess the most exotic meat I've had was buffalo stew and venison out west, which isn't really exotic, alligator chowder, and kangaroo in Australia. Not a fan of lamb either. How did you like the ostrich?

Probably right!

I think tzaziki sauce would make a hot turd taste good. Lol.

Blog Entries

I tend to agree. That’s one reason I like the idea of bow hunting. Levels the playing field a bit and you really have to earn it as a hunter.

With a lot of these trophy hunts, you’re shooting an animal at relatively close range with a gun and a scope. Now, I enjoy shooting. I also enjoy rifles with scopes on them...but I feel like trophy hunting isn’t really hunting...
    I think similarly, although videos like this one have always made me think twice at least.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I guess the most exotic meat I've had was buffalo stew and venison out west, which isn't really exotic, alligator chowder, and kangaroo in Australia. Not a fan of lamb either. How did you like the ostrich?
    The ostrich was good. Not as gamey as I would have thought.

I've had alligator and bison as well. I love bison. Alligator is also delicious.

Never had kangaroo though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think similarly, although videos like this one have always made me think twice at least.
    That guy is super fucking lucky.

I just dont know why you'd want to kill a lion. It's not like mountain lions in California that are overpopulated and have significant impacts on local farming.

Blog Entries

That guy is super fucking lucky.

I just dont know why you'd want to kill a lion. It's not like mountain lions in California that are overpopulated and have significant impacts on local farming.
    agreed. I think theres plenty of invasive species to hunt before going for vulnerable or worse species. especially a lion that i dont think is typically considered good meat. Reminds me of bear hunting, i dont know too many food enthusiasts that think greasy bear meat is a good cut of meat.

Wild boar for instance, is exceptional and invasive. Youd think with the supply it would be cheap, but ive yet to find a source locally for it that isnt expensive (granted theres shipping involved).
    -JAB

Blog Entries

agreed. I think theres plenty of invasive species to hunt before going for vulnerable or worse species. especially a lion that i dont think is typically considered good meat. Reminds me of bear hunting, i dont know too many food enthusiasts that think greasy bear meat is a good cut of meat.

Wild boar for instance, is exceptional and invasive. Youd think with the supply it would be cheap, but ive yet to find a source locally for it that isnt expensive (granted theres shipping involved).
    I've never had wild boar, but I've heard it is delicious.

I have had bear and it's ok. I'm not big into it, but there are people that eat possum, ardvark, raccoon, and lots of other things.

I still feel like if you're going to kill something, you should be doing so with a survival purpose (ie, food).

Even if I kill a deer, I'm not going to mount it's head or antlers on my wall in my house. It's not a trophy to me. It's an alternative method to feed my family with organic, clean, healthy protein.

Blog Entries

I've never had wild boar, but I've heard it is delicious.

I have had bear and it's ok. I'm not big into it, but there are people that eat possum, ardvark, raccoon, and lots of other things.

I still feel like if you're going to kill something, you should be doing so with a survival purpose (ie, food).

Even if I kill a deer, I'm not going to mount it's head or antlers on my wall in my house. It's not a trophy to me. It's an alternative method to feed my family with organic, clean, healthy protein.
    I think we feel similarly on this. I personally havent felt the need to do the hunting myself... at least not yet. Im an animal lover, so its hard for me to want to pull the trigger, even though im completely ok with others doing so and enjoying the results. Just a preference, since currently I get meat from family/friends thats are hunters, and can buy grass fed or exotic/wild meat without doing so, albeit at a price. I wish you luck, you seem to be entering it with the right mindset. knowing where our food comes from is becoming a much bigger issue, one i dont think really has a political bias/agenda, rather than simply health and lifestyle benefits that all people can recognize. I do think hunting is going to be making a resurgence of sorts, and "foodies"/chefs will be at the apex of it.

Ive had wild boar in sausage, and it was great, but ive heard a roast with red wine is amazing. special occasion type meal, for the pricetag (20+$/lb from what Ive usually seen.).
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I think we feel similarly on this. I personally havent felt the need to do the hunting myself... at least not yet. Im an animal lover, so its hard for me to want to pull the trigger, even though im completely ok with others doing so and enjoying the results. Just a preference, since currently I get meat from family/friends thats are hunters, and can buy grass fed or exotic/wild meat without doing so, albeit at a price. I wish you luck, you seem to be entering it with the right mindset. knowing where our food comes from is becoming a much bigger issue, one i dont think really has a political bias/agenda, rather than simply health and lifestyle benefits that all people can recognize. I do think hunting is going to be making a resurgence of sorts, and "foodies"/chefs will be at the apex of it.
    I also think hunters provide a valuable service for wildlife management. Especially with invasive species like boar. If left unchecked, those animals can decimate areas of the country.