Re: Anyone here hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    high iq+weapon = dangerusssss
    You kill me Baldy! 🤣🥃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That was my thought too.

We don’t eat a ton of beef anymore. As I’m getting a bit older and trying to watch my cholesterol, we are maybe having beef and pork once a month, if that. Which blows, because I could eat pulled pork or a steak every damn day. Steak and eggs is so damn good, lol.

This is probably the most “lefty” thing of my lifestyle, but I’m super into clean eating, organic, knowing where your food comes from. If we had the land, I’d have a nice little farm for veggies.

We can, preserve, make our own sausage, smoke fish, etc. We get most of our veggies from a local farm CSA we participate in. We eat vegetarian meals once or twice a week for dinner.

The only thing we really get from the store is eggs and protein.

So, if I can start augmenting our protein sources to things that are more natural, such as venison, I’d like to explore that.

Plus, it’s always good to know how to hunt when the economy collapses and we have to fend for ourselves for a few decades.

Not wanting your food to kill you isn't really that lefty. ;)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    high iq+weapon = dangerusssss
    But can be scramble when the pocket breaks down?

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    But can be scramble when the pocket breaks down?

I have faith lax will get it done 100%

Blog Entries

That was my thought too.

We don’t eat a ton of beef anymore. As I’m getting a bit older and trying to watch my cholesterol, we are maybe having beef and pork once a month, if that. Which blows, because I could eat pulled pork or a steak every damn day. Steak and eggs is so damn good, lol.

This is probably the most “lefty” thing of my lifestyle, but I’m super into clean eating, organic, knowing where your food comes from. If we had the land, I’d have a nice little farm for veggies.

We can, preserve, make our own sausage, smoke fish, etc. We get most of our veggies from a local farm CSA we participate in. We eat vegetarian meals once or twice a week for dinner.

The only thing we really get from the store is eggs and protein.

So, if I can start augmenting our protein sources to things that are more natural, such as venison, I’d like to explore that.

Plus, it’s always good to know how to hunt when the economy collapses and we have to fend for ourselves for a few decades.

You sound like the next unabomber.

https://www.biography.com/people/ted-kaczynski-578450

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Not wanting your food to kill you isn't really that lefty. ;)

Lol, I suppose.

I'm pretty against big farming. I think it impacts the environment pretty negatively. I also question it's effectiveness given the government subsidizes a lot of it and, in some instances, actually pays farmers to not grow certain things because there is an abundance of a particular crop...

I'm just very pro knowing where your food comes from. I know the local butcher. I know the farmer that we get our veggies from. I get all of our seafood from a local joint that gets daily shipments from the shore. I don't buy a lot of tilapia or other mass-farmed fish and I almost always buy "wild caught".
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Did you watch the Netflix show Manhunt? Man, that was an awesome series. Awesome.

I'm not going to go around blowing people up or anything, but I can completely understand a lot of the things that Ted Kaczynski believed.

Lol, I suppose.

I'm pretty against big farming. I think it impacts the environment pretty negatively. I also question it's effectiveness given the government subsidizes a lot of it and, in some instances, actually pays farmers to not grow certain things because there is an abundance of a particular crop...

I'm just very pro knowing where your food comes from. I know the local butcher. I know the farmer that we get our veggies from. I get all of our seafood from a local joint that gets daily shipments from the shore. I don't buy a lot of tilapia or other mass-farmed fish and I almost always buy "wild caught".
    Well done Wicked. I’m not anyway a vegan but I’m 1000% against GMO ( Monsanto anything really). The “mass” farms use so many chemicals it kills everything else around. Run off from those farms is still killing the Bay. I don’t understand how more people don’t think this way. We have the privilege of living in one of the richest ecosystems on earth. The Bay gives us the best blue crabs , big salty oysters , little neck clams and of course ...RockFish. Lots of other tasty fish also. The woodlands around here ( the ones that are left ) are full of white tail deer , wild turkey and now Black Bear. That’s not even counting the Ocean.

Blog Entries

Wicked, i don't want to steal your thread but I'm interested in hearing everyone's comments on this below since it involves big game hunting.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...edia-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Wicked, i don't want to steal your thread but I'm interested in hearing everyone's comments on this below since it involves big game hunting.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...edia-backlash/
    As long as she or some tribe are gonna eat that giraffe ...I’m fine with it. I don’t get hunting lions, tigers , rhinos and things that I don’t think people eat. Trophy hunting should be illegal.
    I was taught to eat what I kill. I think “trophy “ hunters and poachers should be hunted themselves.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    As long as she or some tribe are gonna eat that giraffe ...I’m fine with it. I don’t get hunting lions, tigers , rhinos and things that I don’t think people eat. Trophy hunting should be illegal.
    I was taught to eat what I kill. I think “trophy “ hunters and poachers should be hunted themselves.

I tend to agree. That’s one reason I like the idea of bow hunting. Levels the playing field a bit and you really have to earn it as a hunter.

With a lot of these trophy hunts, you’re shooting an animal at relatively close range with a gun and a scope. Now, I enjoy shooting. I also enjoy rifles with scopes on them...but I feel like trophy hunting isn’t really hunting...

Blog Entries

I tend to agree. That’s one reason I like the idea of bow hunting. Levels the playing field a bit and you really have to earn it as a hunter.

With a lot of these trophy hunts, you’re shooting an animal at relatively close range with a gun and a scope. Now, I enjoy shooting. I also enjoy rifles with scopes on them...but I feel like trophy hunting isn’t really hunting...

I agree with both points above. How would you order your giraffe steak? Medium rare?